°O° °O° °O° not for little eyes °O° °O° °O° - Easter question (yes - Disney & Budget)

Momof4girls

DIS Veteran

What are you putting in the Easter eggs this year?

We're getting ready for a trip (land/sea) - and every single penny is stretched (and printed with an image of the castle :wizard: :cutie:)

The last thing we need in this house is a whole bowl full of candy X 6 (we still have Christmas candy)!

I got the kids some big treats for the trip (Toy Story Color Wonder, sunglasses, fruit twists, etc.) and now I just need to figure out what to put in all these blasted eggs. :)

I was thinking of doing money - because we have some cash set aside for souvies that they kids don't know about. But, I'm trying to figure out something to put in the eggs to symbolize a monetary amount (ie. "25c") that they can collect and then swap for cash.

I'm trying to avoid going to the bank to get rolls of quarters and dimes that I will then have to roll and take back to the bank to exchange for cash before our trip.

Thanks for any ideas!

Maybey you could paint pennies and each color symbolizes a monetary amount for example green is worth .50 red worth 1.00 and so on or a different disney dollar amount...make a list of monetary values ahead of time so you know what you will be forking over and have fun with it.... enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

instead of painting pennies, why not get some poker chips? Each color can be a certain amount of money...

We don't fill eggs....the EB fills the baskets with a little bit of candy along with:

DVD
bathing suit and rash guard shirt (planning for snorkeling in December)
Bakugan for DS
AmericanGirl stuff for DD
A new outfit
New scooters

And whatever else I have in my gift stash downstairs. My DD and DS's birthday is December 29 so I use Easter to give them spring things...

We do an egg hunt in town where they get eggs filled with candy (usually not great candy), and my mom does an egg hunt for the kids (candy, money, etc). And, this year our neighborhood is doing an egg hunt. For my donation to that, i bought prefilled eggs at Target (candy).

So, not much candy from the EB as they will have more than plenty.

What about using plastic coins? You can usually get a bag of them with several "coins" to represent each real coin value. Your kids could then trade them for the real thing before the trip.

Why not search for images on Disney Dollars on google, copy and paste them to paintshop...change the value of each Disney dollar to .10, .25, .50, .75 and print them off.

Fill the eggs with them. When your trip comes near, exchange the value of fake disney dollars for real money and that could be their souvie money. How fun!

I have a Disney idea for you:

* $0.51 cents so kids have the right change for the penny press machines...my kids love "making" money at Disney!

I bet you can stuff a pair of goggles in a large egg, and those will come in handy for your trip!

I also read on these boards that some folks were putting in Disney coupons, that the kids could use on the trip, ie: Mickey ice cream bar, game at arcade, popcorn, etc.

I am stuffing eggs w/die cast cars, parts of Lego guys and Littlest Pet Shop pets.

Happy Easter and happy planning!

What I do is write little notes and I put them in the eggs and hide them, the notes usually say "see Mommy" "see Daddy" when our ds comes to us with the note to trade for what my husband and I have. We usually have a bag with wrapped gifts that are too big to put in the easter baskets our baskets usually have candy in them.

ctc917

I have a Disney idea for you:

* $0.51 cents so kids have the right change for the penny press machines...my kids love "making" money at Disney!

I bet you can stuff a pair of goggles in a large egg, and those will come in handy for your trip!

I also read on these boards that some folks were putting in Disney coupons, that the kids could use on the trip, ie: Mickey ice cream bar, game at arcade, popcorn, etc.

I am stuffing eggs w/die cast cars, parts of Lego guys and Littlest Pet Shop pets.

Happy Easter and happy planning!

We did this last year because we were actually at Disney on Easter Sunday...the girls woke up with eggs ALL OVER the room floor...they were so excited that the EB found them at Disney World!!!

Last year I used the eggs for clues to find their baskets.

I wrote myself a list of clues, and then printed them up on the computer and stuck one in each egg. Two kids so two different sets.

Left the first egg right by their beds with the first clue in it. Which led to the second egg and the second clue, which led to the third egg... etc etc. I think I put like one jellybean in each egg, which they ate as soon as they opened it.

First off, if they just randomly saw an egg during their hunt, it might not be theirs so don't touch it. Secondly, I adapted the amount of clues and the difficulty for both kids so that they would finish at about the same time.

While they were outside with DH running around like crazy children, I pulled the baskets out of the closet and put them on the kitchen table, which was the final clue, so they were back in the house when it was over. Oldest DS was a little confused about how the basket ended up on the kitchen table since they'd walked right past it on their way out, but then again he's plenty old enough to start figuring all this out.

I think I will do it again this year. It kept them occupied and I didn't have to put much candy in the eggs.

One year a couple years ago, it was really cold outside and the kids had been all hyped up the day before about looking for eggs outside. But I didn't want them out there (or perhaps the truth is that I didn't want to go out there myself?). I dumped all the eggs into their baskets, put them outside our front door, and put a note on them from the bunny that said it was too cold for him to leave eggs in the yard. :rolleyes1

Target has some very cute Carlton card egg filler "coupons". I found them for $0.99 a sheet at Target. There were three or four different versions, too.

I work at a credit union and the dollar coins are really popular at Easter. You could also do stickers or mini tattoos?
Growing up we never had plastic eggs at all except one golden egg with money. We just dyed real eggs and those were the ones hidden.

It might be easier and cheaper to just do the rolled change. The kids might even like helping to wrap it back up. Another option is to do puzzle pieces that go together to say something like 'have mom look in her winter boots' and then in the winter boots the bunny can have an envelope marked souvenir money with cash inside.

We did a surprise trip to the zoo.
In the eggs were puzzle pieces. ( I made one out of poster board that had a pic and said get dressed we are going to the zoo) some of the eggs had plastic animals from the dollar tree. The kids worked together to put the puzzle together and loved the idea..

What are you putting in the Easter eggs this year?

We're getting ready for a trip (land/sea) - and every single penny is stretched (and printed with an image of the castle :wizard: :cutie:)

The last thing we need in this house is a whole bowl full of candy X 6 (we still have Christmas candy)!

I got the kids some big treats for the trip (Toy Story Color Wonder, sunglasses, fruit twists, etc.) and now I just need to figure out what to put in all these blasted eggs. :)

I was thinking of doing money - because we have some cash set aside for souvies that they kids don't know about. But, I'm trying to figure out something to put in the eggs to symbolize a monetary amount (ie. "25c") that they can collect and then swap for cash.

I'm trying to avoid going to the bank to get rolls of quarters and dimes that I will then have to roll and take back to the bank to exchange for cash before our trip.

Thanks for any ideas!

Leave the eggs empty. My Mom always did Easter Egg hunts with empty eggs, at the end she had the kids exchange the eggs for a small goody bag (each child had a personalized goody bag with just a couple small things specifically chosen for them).

Another option would be to put stickers in the eggs.

Coins are also an easy option. I don't see a need to go to the bank and get rolled coins, then roll them and return them later. Don't you have a bunch of loose coins hanging around somewhere in your house, a drawer, your car or a purse that you could use? The eggs don't all necessarily have to have the same coin in them. Dollar bills would also work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter