͏

I am one who believes that because dues are based on calendar year, not UY, they should be treated as Disney treats it...for ownership of the contract.
I agree with this as well, honestly, because that's how Disney treats dues. If a resale contract I'm buying is late in the calendar year, I do request to not reimburse seller for dues. Likewise, I have a SEP UY. If I were to look at a contract now and it didn't have 2020 points (or few of them), then part of my negotiation is to not pay the entirety of dues, since I won't have access to use points until Sep 1, 2021, and dues are calendar year, not UY. I recognize not many brokers or sellers agree with this, but this is one thing I do negotiate around, or lower my asking price if the seller won't cover dues in these scenarios.

I reimbursed for 2020 dues in September for a December use year because I will get to use 2020 points. I know it goes either way on that. I might have negotiated more, but I also got 91 AD-free 2019 points so I’m happy either way.

Have you ever gone to a really great movie that everyone wanted to see, got there late and the only seats were in the front row right next to the movie screen? That's what the front row seats were like. I was one of the very first ones seated and got the first seat on the left about ten feet from the huge screen. All the seats in the front row were single seats, the next two or three rows were double seats. I was also seated right in front of a speaker that was way too loud unless you were in the back of the room. My seat was about level with the front of the stage. I don't understand why they didn't seat members who arrived first in the center section and then start seating in the side sections. They did it opposite. I asked to move to a different row and got about row 5 in the same section. So I didn't have a stiff neck from looking up at the screen and wasn't partially deaf from sitting right next to the speaker. But a center section seat would have been a lot nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter