‘Ohana or ???

We have been to WDW 5 times so far and trip 6 is in 2020. So far every trip we have had 2 dinners and at least 1 breakfast at Ohana. We are a group of 8 and everyone loves the place. It our tradition to have our 1st and last dinner there each trip. Have we had different levels of service when there sure. But for most we laugh like our very first dinner there we had a waiter whose Cuban accent disappeared when we didn't order alcohol but it came back very strong to the table next to us with 6 older ladies and we had great service our last trip. As I said we are a group of 8. Well when desert came out he brought 2 platters, well my daughters older great aunt took one and said in a loud vouice MINE well he did not miss a beat getting a 3rd platter for the kids to split.

I think there are better ways to spend $300. Pretty much any signature restaurant will work out as cheaper or the same price as Ohanas for you since the kids meals are a lot less at signatures. Tiffins is our favorite signature, but we have also really enjoyed the Yachtsman and Cali Grill. Most of the character meals are also around the same price as Ohanas, and the characters make me feel like they are a better value. My favorite for dinner is definitely Artist Point, as others have recommended, but the character breakfasts at Cape May Café and Trattoria al Forno are also really excellent.

Ohana is only worth the cost if you are not paying out of pocket. There are way too many good restaurants on property for that kind of money. I'll take Boathouse Crabmeat Stuffed Lobster and split some apps and dessert for the same money. I can get grilled shrimp, sirloin and chicken at my local Outback and with better pasta and a salad. Ha
We have been to Ohana, but my wife is 4'11" 95lbs. She's not eating $60.00 worth of anything at Ohana. It's a great place for big eaters and guys, just like any other Brazilian style all you can eat.
I think it gets the same bump up for the views as Cali Grill, which is another overrated place IOO.
Of course, everyone is different and has a different take.

Definitely do Ohana! The food is so good and my son loved it (he isn't picky, though). We did overhear another table order chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese for their kids, so they can make something else if your kids won't eat the regular food. My husband was horrified and still talks about it today haha, but it is an option.

My whole family felt the food was not good (good service), but we loved Storybook Dining. There are only 3 of us and I have a picky teenage son (read eats a lot but extremely picky). I could not justify paying that again for food that was simply not good. I was so disappointed and honestly confused because so many people love it. Oh well, WDW is a big place with lots of restaurants so there is something for everyone.

My Ohana experience for what it's worth.

We are a family of 3 and the night before Ohana we had gone to California Grill where we had a window table and watched fireworks in between our meal and dessert. Amazing experience and meal, service was exceptional and it was very relaxing. We knew Ohana wouldn't be the same experience but were equally as excited. Noodles, wings and pot stickers were awesome, meats were hit or miss, but had some exceptional cuts along with dry ones. Our main issue was the rush of the server and the lack of attention to drinks. I drink a lot of water when I eat, my water sat empty the entire dinner even after several requests. All in all we thought it was great and just wish the pace wasn't as fast and chaotic. When the bill came and we saw it was higher than our entire meal at California Grill the night before (including drinks, apps, meal and desserts) it will be tough for us to ever go back.

I think there are enough fans of Ohana out there that you should probably try it so you can decide for yourself if you like it. For us, it was definitely a one and done, and that's not taking the price into account. Food was VERY mediocre. There was not one thing that I felt was outstanding.

We love Ohanas - even our picky eaters. If they are super super picky they will bring out chicken nuggets and fries, macaroni and cheese, etc. Definitely not worth the $60 to eat those foods, but at least they will be happy and not hungry.

I have never been able to eat at ‘Ohana on my previous 3 trips, due to never being able to get an ADR. I’ve always wanted to try it because it seems like somewhere everyone has eaten and I’d like to experience it once. This time I have a dinner ADR for one of our MK days.

Trouble is I have 3 DDs that are Disney adults but are fairly picky. I KNOW they will not eat $60+ worth of food, I have accepted that. I’m concerned with all the negative reviews of ‘Ohana lately.

My question is if I am willing to spend $300+ for my family if 5 to eat dinner, should I spend it on ‘Ohana or somewhere else? Or two other meals for that matter?

We are paying OOP. We are also already planning to eat (TS) at; 1900 Park Fare, Sanaa, 50’s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Be Our Guest (lunch), Topolino’s Terrace (breakfast), Beaches & Cream.

Thanks for any advice!
Your choices are all good. I don’t think you are too concerned about price when I look at the list, therefore I would sure keep the red because the food is that good. We go about yearly and have never had a bad experience in the six times we have gone.

Used to be our go-to special dining option. Not anymore. We ate here last week, and it was just ok... nothing special anymore. Food is just not as good. No games or entertainment like last time. This was our last time there- there are so many options now. I'd have to pass for sure.

Food-wise, we like 'Ohana (used to be better, but still not bad) and I know both picky and non-picky eaters who enjoy it. My gripe is how rushed we were in our last visit and how our complaining and asking them to slow down didn't help. If you've never been, it's always best to go once and try it for yourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter