‘Ohana or ???

I have only been for breakfast, but we enjoyed it. Would breakfast be an option for you? It is a little less expensive and has a good variety of standard breakfast foods for picky eaters.

My son is a Disney adult, so I feel your pain. I NEVER eat $60 worth of food there myself, but we love Ohana so I bite the bullet and pay. I know it is a hard decision because you have never tried it, but I think the noodles, chicken wings, and bread pudding are awesome! That's pretty much all I eat there. My son and husband love the noodles, shrimp, steak and bread pudding!

I never eat the "value" in dollars at any Disney restaurant, so when I go, I'm not concerned about eat $X worth. The dinner has an app, entree, and dessert. I think it's fairly easy to get to a $60 per person charge at most Disney table service restaurant if you do 3 courses. Through in the fact that there's some entertainment, and it doesn't seem that exorbitant by Disney standards.

I've been to O'hana a few times. Have never had bad food or service, and we usually go late on our arrival day. Food is not "weird" and there's enough variety that everyone should be able to find something good to eat. Yeah, I'm sure the ends of the skewers get a little toward well done and then people will say it's tough or chewy.

I'd keep the ADR. The fact that they're so hard to snag should suggest that lots of people enjoy the food and the experience.

We do like ‘Ohana but I can’t say I would pay out of pocket for it if not on the DDP. We have been multiple times with varying levels of service and food quality. The real consistency has only been the bread pudding.

Just went to Ohana this past December and I have to say it has lost a lot.... They changed their meat selections...the only thing we really enjoyed were the noodles and the shrimps

Thank you all for your input. I did end up cancelling the ADR for ‘Ohana...partly because of mixed reviews and partly because its the first day we will try for ROTR, so I don’t want to have to worry about boarding group and ADR outside of the park time conflict.

I love Ohana for the experience. If you can get an ADR, the food is hit or miss. The wait even with an ADR is way too long unless you are the first time slots.
My kids are too old for the games. So I would rather get my Brazilian fix at Fogo de Chao or Chima.

I went to Ohana about 7-8 years ago. One of the best experiences I've had at WDW. Food wonderful and service perfection in terms of timing each individual course.
The last couple of times pretty bad. Food mediocre and everything very rushed. The dressing on the salad now too sweet, pot stickers seemed frozen food put in the microwave and boy how they get that beef wrong! They've been doing it for quite a while so how can they mess it up? But they do. And it seems they pile up all the dishes at one time on your table. The great dessert doesn't seem nearly as wonderful as it once was. I was embarrassed when I brought a friend who hadn't been there before. And I had been saying hw wonderful it was!

It is a victim of its own success and they are clearly allowing more reservations. People are rushed and servers overworked. But the place is always packed so they don't have to give a fig to make things better. They are printing money. Iger clearly has his thumb on the manager to squeeze out more money. Faster more slipshod food preparation, fewer waitstaff, faster turnover... manager and waiters don't care. They don't have to and even if they did there isn't the time. Only way to show them because letters mean nothing at Disney World -undertip grossly. Then they'll chase after you-hey! was anything wrong?!!- and you'll have their full attention to tell them in no uncertain terms what was wrong. Then they'll care.

Last edited:
For the price and poor service people have been getting lately, you could do much better at WDW. Try something new. You could eat many other places for the same price or less. We went last in 2016 but since then I can't justify the price increases. I would try Boma at Jambo house, its slightly less with much better service, more food selection and no one rushes you. Best all you care to enjoy meal on property if you like more exotic food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!