“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as I posted earlier today on the Illuminations thread, when it's announced by Disney, there is an element that will be very popular with guests. At least I hope they've left it in.

I was there many times. Although pricey, it was popular.
There really isn't a suitable space near Norway.
If you're thinking that going against the flow will be a challenge, it won't be. It's done on a regular basis for special events.
Probably a good guess.
There's something to be said for that.
There isn't? I sort of assumed there was some it's an option for a wedding reception location. Figured they'd be able to use whatever space is used for both.

No, not concerned about going against traffic. Just walking added steps

There isn't? I sort of assumed there was some it's an option for a wedding reception location. Figured they'd be able to use whatever space is used for both.
Yup, you're correct, Norway has two event venues. There is the fairly large indoor venue called the Norway Loft and an outdoor venue along the water called the Norway Overlook, but that is way too small. Just a coincidence, I was at both places last week.

I just wish they would get on with announcing all these "special dining experiences" so I can finalize my plans! Fortunately I have a fireworks dessert party scheduled at MK but I would really like to also do this one at Epcot and the Hallowishes Dessert party (DW is a big fan of desserts!). And don't get me started on waiting for the F&W events.
We are going week after Thanksgiving and can't find a reservation for the Fireworks Dessert Party. Is there a good strategy in being able to get this for 3 adults?

We are going week after Thanksgiving and can't find a reservation for the Fireworks Dessert Party. Is there a good strategy in being able to get this for 3 adults?
It's not available to book yet.

Yup, you're correct, Norway has two event venues. There is the fairly large indoor venue called the Norway Loft and an outdoor venue along the water called the Norway Overlook, but that is way too small. Just a coincidence, I was at both places last week.
Ah, ok. I know a friend that is having her reception in the outdoor area but I hadn't really looked at the size

Sounds cool, but having an A&E meet & greet would make it better.

Make it a character dessert party and have them (and Kristoff) at the dessert party before illuminations

(Though I know not possible as they can't be there and meeting at their regular location at the same time)

I'm not interested in a character meet and greet, though it looks like I'm the only one. :) I guess I'll just have to stay patient for a little longer.

I agree with you - we have no interest in a character meet and greet. We would like the Frozen ride at the end of the night, though! I don't suppose that this will still be offered in November, will it?

I just wish they would get on with announcing all these "special dining experiences" so I can finalize my plans! Fortunately I have a fireworks dessert party scheduled at MK but I would really like to also do this one at Epcot and the Hallowishes Dessert party (DW is a big fan of desserts!). And don't get me started on waiting for the F&W events.
Yes!!! The October planning is driving me bonkers!!! I feel like I'm only half planned, but there's nothing I can do about it since none of the October special events are loaded yet. Ugh! Hurry up, Disney.

PS - as long as this one includes booze, adding it to the list.

I don't suppose that this will still be offered in November, will it?
What makes you think that?

I'm just glad that they settled on a concept. The dates for the current party have been sporadic with attendance being down. With the SW party being as popular as it is, the Epcot party was overdue for a change in order to be competitive.

Oh man my son asks me about "Frozen Summer" all the time, darn the start date is right after we leave. Looking forward to booking this on another trip. We were never interested in the existing party.

We did the Illuminations desert party about a month ago. We had done the Star Wars desert party the night before. Disney sent me a survey on what I thought of the Illuminations party. I guess I wasn't alone in my feedback.

I felt that Illuminations desert party was fine in that I didn't have to squat for a seat to watch the fireworks. But the thing that set the Star Wars desert party apart from this is that we got to meet and greet with Kylo, Chewbacca and BB8 with no wait, got to eat and still got a good spot for the fireworks. The souvenir chewbacca mug was a good touch too.

If this gets you a frozen ride, meet and greet with Anna and Elsa and you get a frozen souvenir with it, it'd be worth it IMHO. (I don't see that in the offering, but it can't be too far behind).

The meet and greet at DHS is a regularly scheduled event open to everyone, not just dessert party attendees. It's not an inclusion to the dessert party.

I'm going to consider this if it is available for my trip. Not scheduling FEA during the day and freeing up a fast pass is a big plus.

If a meet and greet with Kristoff were included, I would definitely attend.

Last edited:
What makes you think that?

I'm just glad that they settled on a concept. The dates for the current party have been sporadic with attendance being down. With the SW party being as popular as it is, the Epcot party was overdue for a change in order to be competitive.

IDK, I guess that it sounds like an appealing concept for a summertime party, but less perhaps appealing in the colder weather?

Plus, it would be just my luck that this would stop the day before our trip in November! LOL!

IDK, I guess that it sounds like an appealing concept for a summertime party, but less perhaps appealing in the colder weather?
Unless you're a local, for most people it might be a stretch to consider temps in the mid 60s to the low 80s, cold. Also, if it is cold, wouldn't it fit in better with it's name?
Plus, it would be just my luck that this would stop the day before our trip in November! LOL!
You'll be fine, it will be offered in Nov, assuming that Disney announces that it is in fact going to happen. For now it's just a story on a Disney website.

Last edited:
Disney officially announced it this morning. Starts booking tomorrow, June 15. The party begins August 2.

Editing...and it does include alcohol :D:D
Can you provide the link so I may view the official details? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!