“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
HopperFan - I’m sorry to hear that you have had some uncomfortable times with people not understanding your sons disability. I agree - you definitely should not have to experience that!

If it helps - I know that my kids dream date/trip at Disney with just me involves ice cream sundaes for lunch every day and a daily Starbucks chocolate chip frappacino!

I think that Discovery Cove could be a really nice day too but might be a lot more work for you in single parent mode..I actually would be more willing to do that with both of my kids than just one I think...

Enjoy your trip!

DS is an adult but he is disabled (obviously) and functions as a young child. This trip is only he and I, changes my dynamics since I have no one else to talk to, which is fine mostly. But sadly strangers are not always interested in sitting with us (yes it's happened) and too often children stare unkindly at him, and worse yet it usually happens at Disney. For that kind of money the last thing I need is a hurtful situation. It's okay, I just try to plan to avoid these kind of bumps.

If you're going to be there on March 14, you and your son are more than welcome to sit with me. I admit I was completely doubtful that the Frozen party would ever open, but it did, and I am really looking forward to it. I'm sorry that anyone has ever been unkind to you or your son. Disney is for everyone!

HopperFan - I’m sorry to hear that you have had some uncomfortable times with people not understanding your sons disability. I agree - you definitely should not have to experience that!

If it helps - I know that my kids dream date/trip at Disney with just me involves ice cream sundaes for lunch every day and a daily Starbucks chocolate chip frappacino!

I think that Discovery Cove could be a really nice day too but might be a lot more work for you in single parent mode..I actually would be more willing to do that with both of my kids than just one I think...

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you. I have years of thick skin most the time but when it comes to having to sit with others or that "intimate" space, I'd just rather avoid than take the chance.

I have actually taken him to Discovery Cove about 3-4 times on my own, a couple with us all. I learned my first trip to put a life jacket on him ........ he would snorkel all day but gets tired. I don't make a good flotation device. With the jacket on he can float for hours yelling fish through his snorkel. We spent days in a pool teaching him to snorkel about 15+ years ago and he loves it. Wasn't easy to get him to breathe with his face underwater. ;)

If you're going to be there on March 14, you and your son are more than welcome to sit with me. I admit I was completely doubtful that the Frozen party would ever open, but it did, and I am really looking forward to it. I'm sorry that anyone has ever been unkind to you or your son. Disney is for everyone!

Thank you so much, very kind of you. I will say we have met some delightful folks, especially in the lines. They certainly make up for the rude ones. The great thing about Disney is it is for all ages, all abilities and great for families like ours to enjoy together.

That's been the gripe, dates can be released as little as 60 days out. I suggest checking sooner if your dates are not flexible. It's smaller in number of guests than some other parties so it can sell out fairly quickly.
I think so. The normal weather back up location is in Norway which is not too far away. The sequence if the party is moved, is to walk to the Illuminations viewing area which is where the party would have been held, then back to Norway for the ride, so it's a round trip.

Thank you!

My fastpass day is the 28th, we were really hoping to do the Frozen Dessert party on 4-30 if it is available - If dates for March weren't released until Feb 2, I am thinking the dates for April won't be released until first week in March. Any reason they won't release the dates any sooner?

Any reason they won't release the dates any sooner?
Previously on this thread a number of best guesses were given as to why this particular party's schedule is released later than the others. Since that discussion, I can now say that there are good reasons for why that's the case. Not being able to get into the particulars, all I can say is, sorry, but that's just the way it's being done.

Now that wasn't of any help at all, was it?

Previously on this thread a number of best guesses were given as to why this particular party's schedule is released later than the others. Since that discussion, I can now say that there are good reasons for why that's the case. Not being able to get into the particulars, all I can say is, sorry, but that's just the way it's being done.

Thanks for the clarification. LOL, :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Apologies if this has been asked, I looked over several pages and didn't see it.

I know it will be June before July dates are released assuming they are still doing it, would they have a party on the 4th of July?

I know it would book super quick if so, just wanting to get a shot at it..lol

Thanks FastPasser! I feel mildly better that there are ‘good’ reasons on someone’s behalf...

Do you think that these reasons (that I don’t expect you to share!) would substantially change the schedule/concept? Or just tweak nights?

My FPP day has come and gone, still with fingers crossed for the end of April for the Frozen event. And yes it will be the usual, mobility and developmentally challenged eating with our fingers group. We love the SW parties and have it already booked for our first night April 20.

My fastpass day is the 28th, we were really hoping to do the Frozen Dessert party on 4-30 if it is available - If dates for March weren't released until Feb 2, I am thinking the dates for April won't be released until first week in March. Any reason they won't release the dates any sooner?

I'm hoping for April 30, too. Or May 2, but given how long it may be between when April and May dates are released, and how much this affects other plans (ripple effect), if April 30 opens up we'd probably just grab it so we can move on finalizing the rest of our plans.

They could but they'd have to make the FEA ride unavailable to EMH guests. That might not go over to well.

My instincts tell me that they would just end up putting the party guests thru the FP line and the EMH guests would have to wait a few extra minutes but maybe I am just simplifying things too much!

I agree, I was at those parties as well and I liked that location more than the current location, but it does get pretty good reviews.
Just throwing this out there, but you can have a private Illuminations dessert party for two? It's at a great location behind the R&C and you can have anything you want for desserts.
Do you perhaps know how expensive it is to have a Private dessert party for only 2 people?

Do you perhaps know how expensive it is to have a Private dessert party for only 2 people?
I can't give you the exact cost because it's all over the place, but I do know that it's very expensive for only two people. The cost of the food, the venue fee and whatever extras you want all vary. Of course the more guests, the lower the price per person. Fill out the request below and that will get the ball rolling if you're interested in pursuing it.

https://www.disneymeetings.com/submit-request/

My instincts tell me that they would just end up putting the party guests thru the FP line and the EMH guests would have to wait a few extra minutes but maybe I am just simplifying things too much!
MDE says that "guests will enjoy a special opportunity to ride the Frozen Ever After attraction." That special opportunity is riding it after park close with no crowds. I believe that sending attendees through the FP line diminishes the overall party experience and would also annoy EMH guests. The park events group really does pride itself on delivering the best dessert party experience they can, so my sense is that they won't make that change in order to add a day.

Oh how I can hope this will be available in late June!

Guessing to check in May but what are the usually days of week this is done ?

Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter