“I felt like a chickmunk!” A Jan/Feb 2019 TR UPDATED 6/2 x 2 COMPLETED!

Sooooo we may have just booked our next trip.

Yaaaay!!

if it’s between a value and not going at all, we are choosing a value!

Yes! I am staying at a value (Pop) for the first time with my sisters in August and I'm a little nervous about the size of the room, but being in a tiny room at Disney has got to be better than being just about anywhere else, right? ;)

French dip, French onion soup, and French fries. He was in a French mood apparently.

:laughing:

There was this family that spent, no exaggeration, 10 minutes taking pictures in front of it. With flash.

That's really obnoxious. What is wrong with people?

The issues with getting your room sound super frustrating. I hope you liked the room you ended up with!

I absolutely LOVE reliving our trip in this way! Great job so far and I can’t wait to read more about our adventures.

She said we were already charged on our credit card. It was a room only reservation and I could have sworn we didn’t get charged for that until like the second to last day?

I hate that! So they didn't used to charge till the end, but I've noticed since like early 2017 they charge before you even check in? Like that's the first time I noticed it so maybe it happened before then, but I remember checking my card account before we headed to the WL that May and being like oh they already charged me? When we got there the room wasn't even ready and when I asked why they charged me if that was the case the guy just shrugged. Since then I've noticed they get charged first thing on the morning your stay starts even if the room isn't available till 3 or later.

I got zero of my requests.

That's happened to me before with Touringplans. I actually got the exact opposite of all of them :rotfl:

upload_2019-2-27_9-6-41-jpeg.385223

Look at that adorable face! Awwww

You must see Hamilton. I didn’t think I would like it but knew how hyped it was. Then I listened to the soundtrack and fell in love.

I like reading travel days too especially cause most people fly and we drive so it’s interesting how that all works. I’ve only flown once in my life.

Unfortunately we didn’t have a ton of luck with same day fp because of the awful mde app!!

I'm just DYING to see it, hopefully I'll get to see it when it comes to Kansas City or I'm just going to have to make it happen in NYC.

Oh wow, that must be really interesting for you to read then! I like all travel days, but I think I like the driving travel days more - probably because I always fly haha!

Ugh, the app can be SO frustrating. When it works well I love it, though.

HOORAY! That's so exciting! I really loved my stay at Pop Century - the resorts are large, but I think they're still great.

It was a room only reservation and I could have sworn we didn’t get charged for that until like the second to last day?

That's really strange they had already charged you, it's never been like that for me!

bought a lot with our Target red card with 5% off

Yesss, love doing this! 5% really adds up

he got a bit of an attitude and was like “your in building 1, the farthest one is actually building 7”

So unnecessary! I'm glad he at least tried to help, in the end.

Yes! I am staying at a value (Pop) for the first time with my sisters in August and I'm a little nervous about the size of the room, but being in a tiny room at Disney has got to be better than being just about anywhere else, right? ;)

I’m definitely nervous about the size. Especially the bed size. We are used to king size and I know Donnie’s legs will hang over the end of a full size!

The issues with getting your room sound super frustrating. I hope you liked the room you ended up with!

It wasn’t bad. It was right by the courtyard where they have the movies under the stars. And compared to literally any other resort it would be an amazing and close location, we were just spoiled last time.

I hate that! So they didn't used to charge till the end, but I've noticed since like early 2017 they charge before you even check in? Like that's the first time I noticed it so maybe it happened before then, but I remember checking my card account before we headed to the WL that May and being like oh they already charged me? When we got there the room wasn't even ready and when I asked why they charged me if that was the case the guy just shrugged. Since then I've noticed they get charged first thing on the morning your stay starts even if the room isn't available till 3 or later.

That really makes no sense. I mean it’s not a big deal but if I knew I would have planned things differently.

That's happened to me before with Touringplans. I actually got the exact opposite of all of them :rotfl:

What’s up with that?! I know they can’t guarantee you will get your requests but like are the room assigners just sick of the Touring Plans faxes and decide they wanna mess with us?

Yay for having a trip in the works!

Sorry you didn't get the room you wanted :(

We are excited!

Honestly, we were just being picky. Our new room was just fine.

HOORAY! That's so exciting! I really loved my stay at Pop Century - the resorts are large, but I think they're still great

We are spoiled by FQ but we are excited to try something new!

That's really strange they had already charged you, it's never been like that for me!

We pretty much always do room only reservations and never had this experience either so who knows....

Yesss, love doing this! 5% really adds up

The Target employees always looks at us like we are crazy but like 5% off even half our room rate gave us a nice dinner soooo

So...... Star Wars. I’m sure we have all heard Galaxy’s Edge is opening August 29 which is about two weeks before our September trip. It’s also way earlier than we figured. It was supposed to be “late fall” and it’s not even fall at all. We are super excited though. We loved being at the opening for Pandora so even if we don’t get to ride Smuggler’s Run we will love just being able to say we were there. I had told myself we were going to have to set a budget for souvenirs for this trip which is gonna be incredibly difficult between Galaxy’s Edge, Food and Wine, and Halloween. Okay back to the trip report!

Day 2 Part 2- EPCOT

After all that it was 1:30 and we started unpacking. We had a Frozen Ever After fp at Epcot for 2:35-3:35 that we decided to skip. This was the first time I experienced the terrible mde app. I tried to modify that fp for a later time for something else and the app crashed literally 10 times in a row before I just gave up.

We still went to Epcot but didn’t do much. We went to the building where they had the animation academy. Donnie got the Gallery Bites: A Trio of Hors d’Oeuvres: Chilled Shrimp with Cucumber Cream Cheese on a Crostino, Traditional Deviled Egg with Candied Bacon, Crispy Truffled Risotto Ball with Truffle Aïoli (V) at the Painters Palate while we waited our turn for the animation academy. Sorry no picture! He said it was really good.

upload_2019-3-11_17-33-39.jpeg

upload_2019-3-11_17-34-1.jpeg

We drew Goofy and I did terrible as always. My mom and sister are both artistic. In fact my sisters occupation is an artist and then there’s me. I present you with “Goofy got stung by a bee”. You ever see pictures of dogs that got stung by a bee? That’s what Goofy looks like!

upload_2019-3-11_17-34-22.jpeg

upload_2019-3-11_17-34-41.jpeg

upload_2019-3-11_17-34-57.jpeg
(Donnie’s is way better. He’s actually artistic so that could be why....)

We looked at the Festival merch and they only had the spirit jersey in XL. I asked if they had any in the back and was told “what we have is what we have.” Okay then.... We headed to Disney Springs after that and got dinner at Blaze Pizza and made our first stop at Erin McKennas. I got the white pizza from Blaze which was a cream sauce (remember my bad experience with tomato sauce?), garlic, and bacon. Yummm it was good! I haven’t eaten a lot of pizza since I went gf but this was really yummy. I don’t remember what Donnie get and like a bad trip reporter I got no pics. No pictures of Erin McKennas either but I know we each got three things to stock up for the next couple days (okay they probably only lasted a day) After a close call in the bus where a car turned left at a red light, we got back to the room and watched the last couple episodes of the most recent season of Supernatural on netflix.

Sorry this update was short. I will post another one soon!

Coming up: Day 3- a very wet day at Magic Kingdom

Day 3- Sunday January 27th- Magic Kingdom

So today was supposed to be an all day at Magic Kingdom day. We woke up at 7:30 and we were at the park by 9. The hourly forecast showed 100% chance of rain. Locals will say yea that just means there’s a 100% chance it will rain at some point during the day. No, it was 100% chance of rain on the hourly forecast too. Oh yea and it was cold. Like the low 50s. We grabbed ponchos at the resort before leaving so we were prepared. I needed galoshes though as my feet were soaked by the time we got to the gift shop at FQ.

Our first fp was for Splash and we decided we didn’t want to do that this morning so changed it to buzz. This was supposed to be us “trying to stay dry” but I don’t think it really looks like that.

upload_2019-3-11_18-13-6.jpeg

Next was Carousel of Progress and I’m sorry but I took my shoes off to try and dry my socks. Then we went on people mover and again, tried to dry my socks. They were a little drier for approximately 30 seconds as they got soaked again right away.

We went to Big Top Souvenirs to get out of the rain but also because Donnie wanted to get the Alice in the Teacup pop figure. He’s a big collector of pop figures and we went through an ordeal trying to get the Splash Mountain pop that came out last year and even though he claimed he didn’t want Alice I kinda forced him to get it because I didn’t want to go through trying to buy it after the fact. We also got cute “Disney Squad” shirts and had the stuff sent back to the resort so we wouldn’t have to carry it around.

We stopped for a Le Fou’s Brew on our way to Haunted Mansion. Haunted Mansion is our fave and I considered doing the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour just to see the ballroom scene from the floor again. We did it last year and it was the coolest thing ever!

We mobile ordered pecos bills next and I just got the kids chicken and rice. It was literally just chicken, white rice, and black beans. I didn’t get anything from the toppings bar cause I didn’t know what was safe and since it’s out in the open there’s lots of risk of cross contamination. Donnie got a regular chicken bowl and loaded up on the toppings. We both thought it was pretty good.

upload_2019-3-11_18-14-12.jpeg

Splash was a walk on and we were right there and we were already wet so we went for it. My butt got soaked! After the ride we sat in the rocking chairs in the gift shop where I again tried to dry my feet. I brought extra socks so I changed into them. I also brought new gloves that still had the tags on them so Donnie was trying to bite the tag to get it off. And here we have the title of the report. It took him a few bites and he said “I felt like a chick munk” instead of chipmunk. It was definitely a you have to be there to find it funny moment but I was cracking up.

upload_2019-3-11_18-16-13.jpeg

The waits were pretty short everywhere because of the rain so we did Pirates of the Caribbean.

upload_2019-3-11_18-16-32.jpeg
(We look thrilled, right?)

It was around 1 at this point and we had a 4 o’clock adr for Skipper Canteen that we really didn’t feel like staying for another 3 hours to go to. I called to cancel the reservation while in the Pirates gift shop and they were kind enough to waive the cancellation fee. Donnie got the cheeseburger egg rolls from the cart and he was disappointed. It was the snack he was most looking forward to and they weren’t that great. :-(

We were going to miss our Seven Dwarves Mine Train fp by leaving early but we didn’t care. We got to the bus stop around 1:30 and I found out it was down and we got an anytime fp anyways.

We decided to nap and relax for a few hours at the room and made a reservation for Boatwrights at Riverside for 5:00 when they open. We had watched a vlog about it recently and saw they had prime rib which Donnie loves. We drove over since it was STILL raining.

upload_2019-3-11_18-20-47.jpeg

upload_2019-3-11_18-21-3.jpeg

upload_2019-3-11_18-22-29.jpeg

Our server wasn’t great. She was the type to just walk up and stare at you until you say what you want instead of actually asking what we want. I didn’t see any entree I wanted so decided to get French onion soup. They had gf rolls! Yum! The soup was good.

upload_2019-3-11_18-21-36.jpeg

upload_2019-3-11_18-21-57.jpeg

Donnie enjoyed his prime rib and since I just had soup I decided to get dessert. Now Donnie like never gets dessert. Ever. Doesn’t eat dessert at like holiday meals or anything. But when I said I was getting Creme brûlée he copied me and he was glad he did! Wow it was delicious!

upload_2019-3-11_18-22-58.jpeg

At dinner we were deciding what to do and saw wait times were super short everywhere! SDD had a 5 minute wait!! When we got back to FQ we went to the bus stop. It was 6:30 and HS closed at 8 but we were gonna go for it! The bus arrival time was 6:43, then 6:45, then 6:48, it kept going up. Until it hit 6:55 and we abandoned our mission as we decided it wasn’t worth it. We sat in the massage chairs at FQ instead and watched the Ted Bundy documentary on Netflix. Perfect Disney World vacation viewing choice, am I right?

Coming up: Day 4- Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and DAH at Magic Kingdom

Ugh! I’m still disappointed in that Cheeseburger Spring Roll! I feel like it was a fluke batch and I have to try again. I have seen so many great comments on them so it had to be.

Can’t wait to read about DAH!

Joining in!

You and your DH sound a lot like me and my DH! High school sweethearts with a fur baby, and I'm definitely a homebody (minus Disney, I will leave my house to go to Disney! :rotfl:)

How frustrating that they completely ignored all of your room requests! I'm glad they were able to accommodate you though!

I always feel like I should take advantage of the rainy days and how empty they make everything but theres just no real way to do it all day when you are wet and cold!

We will miss the SW opening by 3 days! We leave on 8/26. I am hoping to get an AP preview while we are there.

Ugh, we often never get our room requests, it is frustrating! I have used TP room finder and it is hit or miss if they even look at it because I have had rooms no where near what I requested!

I remember that rainy day, I had a resort day, Andi went to MK in the evening and her ride pictures were so funny, she was the only person on all the rides haha!!

You and your DH sound a lot like me and my DH! High school sweethearts with a fur baby, and I'm definitely a homebody (minus Disney, I will leave my house to go to Disney! :rotfl:)

I saw a meme the other day (which I can’t find now) that said an RV is perfect because you can stay home and go places at the same time and now I want an RV!!

I always feel like I should take advantage of the rainy days and how empty they make everything but theres just no real way to do it all day when you are wet and cold!

All the parks were dead! We really wish we came more prepared for the rain.

We will miss the SW opening by 3 days! We leave on 8/26. I am hoping to get an AP preview while we are there.

Bummer! Fingers crossed for an ap preview!

I remember that rainy day, I had a resort day, Andi went to MK in the evening and her ride pictures were so funny, she was the only person on all the rides haha!!

Lol that’s great! I wish we would have went back out after dinner but I was still so cold!

Day 4- Monday January 28th- Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and DAH at Magic Kingdom

upload_2019-3-15_20-42-41.jpeg

We had a long day ahead of us! We woke up a little before 9 am and must have putzed around the room for a while cause we didn’t leave til 10:45. A bus came within 10 minutes and the first thing we did was get lunch at Satu’li Canteen. We did mobile order and I got the potato hash, chicken, and creamy herb sauce like always and it was yummy as usual. Minus the sauce this is pretty much what I eat at home on a daily basis. I eat semi-paleo so pretty much meat and potatoes is a daily meal for me. I didn’t get a pic but I’m sure Donnie had noodles and beef like always.

upload_2019-3-15_20-38-36.jpeg

When we left Satu’li Canteen there was a PCI Robot Demonstration going on. It was pretty cool! I asked Donnie if he thought those were the guys real legs and he thought so. I don’t though, they never moved. I think he’s standing up in there and the legs are fake. Does anyone know?

upload_2019-3-15_20-39-12.jpeg

upload_2019-3-15_20-39-37.jpeg

Next we headed over to Maharajah Jungle Trek. The bats weren’t out and neither was the Komodo dragon but it was really fun! This was the first time we have done any of the trails and Donnie really wanted to see the baby tiger (not sure if it’s even a baby still) but we just saw the adult tigers.

upload_2019-3-15_20-40-18.jpeg

upload_2019-3-15_20-40-56.jpeg

upload_2019-3-15_20-41-27.jpeg
(I love this bird and made Donnie try and get a good portrait mode picture of it)

upload_2019-3-15_20-43-7.jpeg

After the trek we saw the Up! Bird Show. We really liked the old bird show but this one was really cute! I like any type of show with animals in it and I thought the theming worked even though a lot of people don’t think so. We decided to do a little resort hopping next.

upload_2019-3-15_20-44-1.jpeg

Day 4 Part 2

Before leaving the park we stopped for some photopass pictures.

upload_2019-3-15_20-50-20.jpeg

upload_2019-3-15_20-50-52.jpeg

We got to the bus stop a little after 2 and were heading to The Polynesian. We really love the Poly and wish we could afford to stay there but until we can we like to visit. We have gone to ‘Ohana twice in the past and really enjoyed it but now that I’m gf I wouldn’t even know what they could offer me. We stayed for about an hour and had dole whips and looked around the gift shops.

upload_2019-3-15_20-51-15.jpeg
(Wonderful quality dole whip picture)

Next we hopped on a monorail to The Grand Floridian. We haven’t ever visited The Grand and we wanted to see where 1900 Park Fare was for later in our trip. We stopped in Basin of course and the other gift shop which we both thought was pretty tiny for a deluxe resort. Maybe there’s another one we didn’t see? There was a dvc desk by 1900 Park Fare and the lady almost had me convinced to do a tour. We would get 3 anytime fast passes and would be picked up and dropped off anywhere we want. We didn’t want to commit to anything though and didn’t feel like spending our time taking the tour when we knew we wouldn’t actually buy. DVC is like a long term goal for us, nothing that we could see doing right now.

We had a fp for Slinky Dog Dash at 5:40 to get to so we went to the bus stop at the Grand and apparently just missed one. We got to HS around 4:30 and decided to mobile order at Backlot Express. I know they say any allergy orders can take longer but this was the only time we waited more than 5 minutes. I think it was 15-20 minutes and all I got was the chicken tenders and fries. Donnie got the chicken and biscuits and he said it was spicy but good. My chicken tenders were fine but I’m 99% sure they are the same brand that I eat at home. I had been really excited to get them before the trip and because I wasn’t impressed this was the only time I got them.

upload_2019-3-15_20-52-4.jpeg

After dinner we saw the 5:30 Frozen Sing A-Long. There’s two royal historians that we really like (and they have a YouTube channel together called Butch and Sissy) but they weren’t there this show. It was still a fun show! We headed to SDD after that. Right after I tapped our magic bands for the fp I was refreshing for a new one. I saw one for SDD again in like 30 minutes but I couldn’t get it cause we didn’t start the day with 3 fp so since it was tier 1, the system wouldn’t let me get it. I immediately grabbed two throw away fp for our next HS day cause we again only had the one SDD fp for that day. Anyways, it was a fun ride on Slinky again! It was time to leave HS to get to Disney after Hours at MK!

upload_2019-3-15_20-52-57.jpeg
(Donnie was trying to do a cute pose but I didn’t get the memo)

Coming up soon: After Hours at Magic Kingdom!

I love the Animation Academy, even when my drawings don't come out the best!

Ugh the dreaded 27th lol There was no keeping dry that day!! I'm sorry you had to cut your MK time short. At least you did get on a few rides though!

Aw man I'm sorry you didn't make it to DHS that night. But still sounds like a good time at your resort!

The next day sounds like it was good so far! Can't wait to read about after hours!

When we left Satu’li Canteen there was a PCI Robot Demonstration going on. It was pretty cool! I asked Donnie if he thought those were the guys real legs and he thought so. I don’t though, they never moved. I think he’s standing up in there and the legs are fake. Does anyone know?

upload_2019-3-15_20-39-12-jpeg.388467
It's probably a guy in stilts and the legs are fake props! The height works out for the typical Disney stilt walkers.

(Also I realized I had never mentioned I'm following along!)

I love the Animation Academy, even when my drawings don't come out the best!

It’s always fun but I’m a perfectionist and hate that they don’t give erasers!

Ugh the dreaded 27th lol There was no keeping dry that day!! I'm sorry you had to cut your MK time short. At least you did get on a few rides though!

That day was the worst! I feel like we could have done more if we were better prepared. Oh well, we made the best of it!

It's probably a guy in stilts and the legs are fake props! The height works out for the typical Disney stilt walkers.

That’s what I thought it looked it. Either way, it’s a cool little thing to watch.

(Also I realized I had never mentioned I'm following along!)

:welcome: Thanks for following!

Is anyone else seeing ads RIGHT in the middle of a post on here? I was seeing them between posts but now it’s in between paragraphs on one post. Anyways, I’m going to post my DAH experience. It’s pretty wordy and I don’t have a ton of photos so sorry!

Day 4 Part 3- Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom

We waited 30 minutes (ugh!) for a bus at Hollywood Studios and got to Magic Kingdom around 7:30. We got our DAH wrist bands towards the left of the entrance and grabbed a quick photo in front of the temporarily defunct train station.

upload_2019-3-19_16-22-39.jpeg

We had discussed our plan earlier and decided to start left cause we figured a lot of people would start right. It was a great plan because when we walked up to Jungle Cruise at 7:58 there was a boat actually waiting to fill more people in! We had a great cruise and it was probably the best skipper we have ever had. She was really funny and had a lot of jokes we hadn’t heard before. We even saw some of the fireworks from the ride which was awesome! Next we went over to Pirates of the Caribbean which was also a walk on. We even got our own boat! (Hey, we figured out where the camera was!)

upload_2019-3-19_16-23-12.jpeg

We continued our journey towards Big Thunder. We were skipping Splash Mountain as it was about 46 degrees at this point and Donnie wore shorts! We had a wild ride in the wilderness, indeed. I don’t think we have ever ridden it in the dark and it was a lot of fun! It was probably around 8:45 at this point and we stopped for a snack at the cart right next to BTMR. I got popcorn (blech), Donnie got a Mickey bar and we got two cokes.
The water looked so cool with the light reflecting and I tried to get a picture but kinda failed.

upload_2019-3-19_16-24-32.jpeg

We decided to do Mine Train next since we had missed our fp on a previous day. The wait was 25 minutes which I thought was kinda long for DAH! I asked the cm checking the bands if it was really 25 minutes and she enthusiastically said yes. I think she thought I was impressed with that. We waited about 20 and got the back-ish row. Donnie had his hands up and somehow lost control of his arms and elbowed me right in the temple. I messed with him pretending I had a concussion but he didn’t think I was very funny.

upload_2019-3-19_16-25-23.jpeg

(I’m not sharing the other picture from the ride cause it’s super unflattering)

We hung around fantasyland and did Pooh and Little Mermaid which were both essentially walk on but loading took a while. At this point Donnie had to go to the restroom (must have been all the cokes) and he tried to go to the bathroom back by Gaston’s Tavern but a fire alarm was going off back there so we continued on. We decided to ride Dumbo as it’s not something we do very often. We each got our own Dumbo and I honestly got a little motion sick. I can’t really do circle rides even when I try the “focus on one spot” trick. After Dumbo I checked my weather app and it was 42 degrees! Donnie finally admitted he was cold. He claimed all night he was fine. Today was the first day he wore shorts and I told him it was gonna be cold but he didn’t listen. We headed towards Tomorrowland thinking one or both of us would do Space but on the way over we both decided we didn’t want to so Buzz it was!

I’m about to share a story that is a little tmi and I’m sorry if it grosses anyone out. If you have emetephobia you will want to skip this paragraph. Remember how Donnie skipped the bathroom by Gaston’s? He decided to stop in Tomorrowland by Auntie Gravity’s. I stood outside and waited for him and a guy sitting on a bench was eating popcorn and started choking. Not just cough cough, I’m better. Like legit choking. I’m terrible in situations like that, I have bad anxiety and start to panic. Luckily a few other people walked by and asked if he was okay. He either said yes or waved them away because next thing I know I look over and he gets sick. Now that’s great for him because it means he’s breathing now and not choking but not great for me because I have emetophobia. If you don’t know what that is, it’s a fear of vomit. A lot of people think it’s silly or irrational but it’s part of my anxiety and not something I wanna deal with while I’m having fun at a pretty expensive event! I feel terrible that I was mad at a guy for choking but I was. I immediately walked away and when Donnie came out I waved him away from the guy and explained what happened. The guy was fine because I saw a friend or family member come over and he stood up and took another bite of popcorn as they walked away. So I was pretty shaken up at this point but we continued on to Buzz cause what else was I going to do?

I thought it would be easier without all the competing lasers cause I never know which red dot is mine but I did pretty bad. I think Donnie got in the 600,000 range but he’s not happy unless he gets Galactic Hero. (No pic cause I tried to make a funny face and it was more ugly than funny) I had mentioned I wanted more popcorn cause I threw most of my first box away while getting on a ride but I couldn’t think about popcorn at the moment so we stopped on Main Street and got two more cokes, I got a Mickey bar and Donnie got an ice cream sandwich. I wanted to grab some pics in front of the castle and this is what we got. Not the best but oh well.

upload_2019-3-19_16-30-54.jpeg

upload_2019-3-19_16-31-21.jpeg
(My setting powder caused major flashback. Anyone know James Charles? If you do, you’ll understand why I say I look like Flashback Mary)

We had done our loop around the park and it was about 10:30. Neither of us knew what we wanted to do and Donnie kept asking if I just wanted to leave. I didn’t want to miss out on the last half hour but I wasn’t in the best mood and still was feeling pretty anxious and I usually shut down when I feel that way. I decided on my own to do SDMT so I lead Donnie that direction. It was posted as a 15 minute wait but it was just 10. I was in a funk and the ride pictures show it. (Again, not flattering and it looks like I was crying even though I wasn’t.)

The only thing to get me in a better mood was going to be our favorite ride, Haunted Mansion! We got off sdmt around ten til 11 so we huffed it over to HM and made it in line by 10:55. There was a father and son in front of us and I could tell the dad was mad they wouldn’t have the stretching room to their selves but the boy was happy cause he was a little scared. The CMs were amazing! The girl who came in the stretching room with us just kept walking around us and staring. Right before the lights went out she did a creepy wave and when the lights came back on she was over by the wall. Then when the doors opened there was two cms just standing there staring. You could tell they were having fun with their job! It was a really good ride and I didn’t get scared by the little pop out ghost right at the end before the hitchhiking ghosts! When we got off it was after 11 so we had to start leaving. There were cms blocking areas and corralling us a certain way.

We considered another Main Street picture but I was pretty exhausted! It was cold and had been a long day. My step count was 25,000! We heard the kiss goodnight at 11:15. Luckily they move all the buses closer after DAH so our bus wasn’t too far of a walk and it was there pretty quickly too. We got back to POFQ around 11:45 and was in need of a massage. We love those massage chairs! Luckily the arcade is open 24/7. We got back to our room and crashed. Unfortunately I would be up again in just a few hours.

Coming up: My foreshadowing explained....

I figured I should do somewhat of a review of our After Hours. So we did 10 rides and got 8 snacks between us I think. Looking back at it we got a lot done but I think I expected to get more done. This event was 3 hours and we have done the Early Morning Magic Hours at MK and got just as many rides in an hour and 15 minutes. (I know that was just Fantasyland so less walking between attractions) The line for SDMT was 20+ minutes most of the night but that might be because Peter Pans Flight was down for refurbishment.

I appreciated the unlimited snacks but there’s only so much ice cream and popcorn you can eat. I probably would have preferred if a meal was included rather than all the snacks. Would I do After Hours again? Not at Magic Kingdom. We spend a lot of time at Magic Kingdom as it is and since fp isn’t tiered there, we can get on everything we want at least once. I would recommend it for people who go less frequently or have a limited amount of days in the park. I would be interested in After Hours at HS or AK maybe but I think if I’m going to spend money on a special event in the future I would rather do a tour or the early morning magic hours. Let me know if you have any questions about DAH!

Is anyone else seeing ads RIGHT in the middle of a post on here? I was seeing them between posts but now it’s in between paragraphs on one post. Anyways, I’m going to post my DAH experience. It’s pretty wordy and I don’t have a ton of photos so sorry!
Hmm, I don't see anything. But on the mobile site sometimes things look funky (I'm reading on a desktop right now)

We had done our loop around the park and it was about 10:30. Neither of us knew what we wanted to do and Donnie kept asking if I just wanted to leave. I didn’t want to miss out on the last half hour but I wasn’t in the best mood and still was feeling pretty anxious and I usually shut down when I feel that way. I decided on my own to do SDMT so I lead Donnie that direction. It was posted as a 15 minute wait but it was just 10. I was in a funk and the ride pictures show it.
I'm sorry you felt a bit crappy the last half hour. I feel the same way when it's a special ticketed thing and I'm not getting the most out of it!

The CMs were amazing! The girl who came in the stretching room with us just kept walking around us and staring. Right before the lights went out she did a creepy wave and when the lights came back on she was over by the wall. Then when the doors opened there was two cms just standing there staring. You could tell they were having fun with their job!
Wow, that sounds awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter