“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When: Thursday, October 4th / Who: Myself, Nephew (12), and Niece (10)

Hi and :welcome: to the party! This thread is pretty easy to read and contains so much information especially on the MAIN pages, thanks for taking the time, YOU ROCK! Let's dig in...

When: Thursday, October 4th / Who: DA, DN12, and DN10

3:30-4:15 Arrive at MK & Go thru bypass OR ....
Question: Would you recommend us arriving before the 4 o'clock rush and getting our bands inside at another location? We normally go in early using our park ticket but last year many reported the wristband locations inside the park did not release the party bands until 4pm even though party guests were allowed in at 3:45. It's a gamble and if Disney continues this practice this year I wouldn't do it, there would be no advantage.

4:15-5:30 Jack and Sally
Tag Team: DA will get Specialty Treats - We still do not have confirmation what time the Specialty Treats will be sold however Anytime Treats will be available.

5:30-6:00 FP+

6:00-9:30 Rides, Characters and Trick or Treating starting at 7pm.

The main entertainment is where I get caught up and talk myself in circles and I'm a bit lost. I have questions.
It really depends on where you'll be when the night time entertainment begins. Are you going to be at Tomorrowland or Adventureland? This easy breezy 6:00-9:30 time frame you've allotted without direction is what's causing the confusion and potentially could have you zigzagging through the parks which I don't recommend. What I do recommend is focusing on specific locations for; rides, characters and Trick or Treating.
We know you'll be at Liberty Square for Jack & Sally, hopefully you'll be able to get a FP ride close by, then move your way to another character scheduled to come out at 7pm like Queen of Hearts, Minnie or Donald & Daisy, use Tag Team and allow the kids to go on rides that are close by and within you line of sight if needed.

12:00: Hocus Pocus Show

We're not worried about magic shots. I'd like to grab a SotMK card, but it's not vital. We've never actually played. If I wanted to grab one, does anyone have a suggestion on when I should make that happen?
This can be obtained after the HP show at Guest Relations in City Hall or we can work this in when you get your plans more defined. @Cluelyss recommends getting them as soon as you walk in the park via bypass.

@Haley R - Regarding the HalloWishes Dessert Party and your itinerary

Arrive at the Tomorrowland Terrace at 8:45, that’s 1.5 hours prior to HalloWishes fireworks which starts at 10:15pm and if parade is included, depending on what time it starts and what time you need to be there that’s another change in your itinerary. We should know more once the party begins or better yet when Disney figures it out. I wouldn't start making any changes until then but keep it on your back burner. :hug:

Heads Up - sorta...

For those who have dining reservations at Wilderness Lodge, a new thread has emerged "Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors" and may impact your plans. Stay informed via this link:

Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

@Haley R and @sherlockmiles you're on my radar! ::yes::
I already went ahead and cancelled our ADR because my whole plan was to go for the antics. We just decided not to risk it and booked somewhere else that we knew we would like.

Haha @FoxC63, I wasn’t offended! Not a big deal at all. I saw it when you first(I THINK it was you!?) said something about it or I read it and decided to cancel. My daughter loves dicks last resort because of the antics and I had picked this for her for the same. Without them, I’d just rather do something different

Haha @FoxC63, I wasn’t offended! Not a big deal at all. I saw it when you first(I THINK it was you!?) said something about it or I read it and decided to cancel. My daughter loves dicks last resort because of the antics and I had picked this for her for the same. Without them, I’d just rather do something different

Ha! Okay good! They kind of pump you up for the Halloween party so it's a bit disappointing. Glad you're staying on top of all the news that comes in.

We're going to our first MNSSHP this year! On Labor day 9/3. No specific plans yet. Hoping for decent weather.

Please excuse me if this has been asked before. Can we still make fastpass selections 4:00-7:00pm using party tickets? I found a thread from last year about fastpass selections getting cancelled, not sure if this is still the case.

Thanks!

We're going to our first MNSSHP this year! On Labor day 9/3. No specific plans yet. Hoping for decent weather.

Please excuse me if this has been asked before. Can we still make fastpass selections 4:00-7:00pm using party tickets? I found a thread from last year about fastpass selections getting cancelled, not sure if this is still the case.

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for posting on the itinerary thread, please feel free to use any information on the MAIN pages. You are also welcome to post any questions, comments or concerns. We're all here to help you. :flower3:

At this time we have not received confirmation regarding FP's as soon as we do it will be posted here as well as on the MAIN pages, have you looked at those? If not they start: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/"]here[/URL]

Hey all!
Here is my planned itinerary, however, as this is our first party, I have no idea how long Trick or Treating takes, and how to "budget" for that.

Who:
DH and myself, so just 2 adults
When: Tuesday, August 28

Arrive MK for 4pm early entrance-we are only entering on party tickets
If possible have FPs for 7DMT and Space
5:45 Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
7:00-8:30 Move through rides (Pirates/Spl/BTMR/HM) around Frontier/Liberty and hit up Trick or Treat Locales
8:45 find a spot near Cadaver Dans to see them at 8:50 and the then watch Boo To You at 9:15-hopefully this is feasible?
9:30 move to the Hub to watch fireworks
10:30 move to Story book circus to Trick or Treat-maybe see what characters are available.
11:00?? Back track to 7DMT
Wander through Space and Buzz on our way out-if time permits.
This may be very ambitious, but I'm assuming this will be a less busy party :)

Who:
DH & DW / When: Tuesday, August 28

Hi and :welcome: to the party! You're our first August party goer so we'll be paying extra attention to you and any that follow suit. Please note we'll be using information from last years party to create your itinerary due to the fact most is released two days prior to the first party. Not to worry though as things don't change that much. Let's dig in...

3:30-4:15 Arrive MK for 4pm early entrance-we are only entering on party tickets
FP 7DMT
FP Space
5:30-6:30 5:45 Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
6:30-7:15 Perfect time to see a Character in Adventureland.
7:20-7:45 Haunted Mansion
7:45-8:15 8:00 Cadaver Dans *They roam @Cluelyss had to find them when they went last year?
8:20-8:40 Splash Mountain
8:45-9:35 9:15 Boo To You Parade at Frontierland
9:40-10:30 10:15 Happy HalloWishes at the hub
10:30-11:15 Story book circus to Trick or Treat-maybe see what characters are available.
11:20-11:35 7DMT
11:40-12pm Wander through Space and Buzz on our way out-if time permits.

or...

6:30-6:55 Haunted Mansion
7:00-7:30 7:15 Cadaver Dans
7:35-7:55 Splash Mountain
8:00-8:25 Pirates
8:25-8:45 Trick or Treat in Adventureland
8:45-9:35 9:15 Boo To You Parade at Frontierland
10:30-11:15 Story book circus to Trick or Treat-maybe see what characters are available.
11:20-11:35 7DMT
11:40-12pm Wander through Space and Buzz on our way out-if time permits.

Your itinerary has been added to the MAIN page for easier access. If you make any changes just post a note, I know where to find you! :-)

Hi

Adding my wee family to the list

Date - 11th October
Who - DH, DD (8) and myself
Costume - DH (Tigger), DD (Piglet) and me (Pooh) - ATM anyway

Plan
Still at planning stage but probably arrive about 4pm and FP Buzz Lightyear then walk over to Fantasyland

Must see
Pooh & Friends
Haunted Mansion
Hocus Pocus show
Boo to You parade
Fireworks

Trick or treat stations in Fantasyland and Liberty Square area

Will likely grab a QS meal at some point probably over at Liberty Square or some of the treats (depending on hunger levels!)

First MNSSHP (first trip to Orlando!) and over from Scotland.

Hoping it’s dry and not too hot.

Date - Thursday, 11th October / Who - DH, DW & DD (8)
Costume - DH (Tigger), DD (Piglet) and me (Pooh) - ATM anyway

First MNSSHP (first trip to Orlando!) and over from Scotland.

Hoping it’s dry and not too hot.

upload_2018-6-16_16-36-37.png Hi and :welcome: to the party! upload_2018-6-16_16-37-38.png
And thanks for posting! I think it might be warm when you first head out but it should cool down in the evening. Love your costume ideas just make sure their lightweight. Let's dig in...

Date - Thursday, 11th October / Who - DH, DW, DD (8)
Costume - DH (Tigger), DD (Piglet) and me (Pooh) - ATM anyway - LOVE!

3:30-4:15 Arrive at MK - I do not recommending arriving at 4pm especially if this is your first time attending.
4:20-4:40 FP Buzz Lightyear Schedule for 3:25-4:25 or 3:30-4:30
4:45-5:10 FP ? Schedule for 4:25-5:25 or 4:30-5:30
5:15-5:35 FP ? Schedule for 5:25-6pm or 5:30-6pm
5:40-6:25 You have lots of time here for more rides allow at least 25/30 minutes.
6:25-7:10 Pooh & Friends
**Tag Team: You have 25 minutes to do something with DD pick one: ride, Magic Shot, dinner, snacks or shopping.
7:15-7:40 Haunted Mansion
7:45-8:10 Splash
8:10-8:30 Pirates
8:35-9:35 9:15 Boo To You Parade at Frontierland
**Tag Team: You have 20/25 minutes to do something: DH & DD Trick or Treat
10:35-11:05 10:45 Hocus Pocus show
11:10-12:00 Trick or treat stations in Fantasyland and Liberty Square area.
*12 Midnight - Pick up Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card at City Hall on your way out. All must be present.

or...
9:40-10:30 10:15 Happy HalloWishes at the hub - View from the right, see image.
upload_2018-6-16_17-21-52.png
10:35-11:45 Tomorrowland Rides / Trick or Treat
11:50-12:20am Hocus Pocus show

You have lots to think about what you'd like to accomplish as a family and time to figure it all out so be sure to review this thread starting on page: One

I have added your itinerary to the MAIN page for easier access. If you make any changes, please do not repost your itinerary, just post a note! :-)

NEWS

For those interested in making FP's on your Party Ticket it appears the cut off time is 5:30-6pm, same as last year.

Currently Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is showing availability for August 17th through August 26th. Again there is no news on whether this ride will be closed for refurbishment.

To stay on top of FP availability during your trip and the party, Touring Plans has them listed and includes all four parks as shown.

upload_2018-6-17_13-57-11.png

Keep this link handy if needed:
https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/fastpass-availability/date/2018-08-17

EDIT: I have added this link to Post #2 under "Additional Info & Links".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter