“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

That's a good idea, if my kids can not fight over who would be Vannelope lol. They love WIR.

That's a good idea, if my kids can not fight over who would be Vannelope lol. They love WIR.

If unpleasant behavior occurs then you should be Vanellope and they can be other female characters in the movie like Candlehead and Taffyta Muttonfudge as seen below.

upload_2018-6-4_18-12-14.png

IMO there are plenty of characters for your daughters to choose from.

Hi! We are attending our first MNSSHP this fall (9/30) and per DD’s (5) request, we will be doing an Alice in Winderland theme. Mom (me) will be the queen of hearts and Dad will be the Matter. While I am going to take a stab at Disney bounding for me and DH, I’d like to do a literal interpretation of DD’s Alice costume. What are your favorite sources for kids costumes? I can’t sew, so that isn’t an option.
Thanks!
PS, although DS (2) isn’t going to the party, I may still make him the white rabbit. Though it will be a complete waste of money since his real Halloween costume will be Miguel from Coco.

@WillowRain
I need help!!!! Family of 5. Me, dad, girls will be 7 but they are 11 months apart so 1 is bigger, and almost 3 year old boy. We need costume help! I look all over pinterest and the net and I am coming up meh. Hubs will probably only want to wear a tshirt and shorts, so as creative as I can get with that. The rest of us can wear anything that is allowed. Help me out with ideas! We go Sept 9th.

Wreck it Ralph Characters!
You - Sergeant Calhoun
View attachment 327204

Dad - Ralph or Fix-It Felix Jr.
View attachment 327206

DD11 - Vanellope
View attachment 327208

DD7 - Candlehead
View attachment 327210

DS3 - Clyde or a piece of candy (using a onesie for either costume)
View attachment 327213

Candy Corn Link: https://snapguide.com/guides/make-a-candy-corn-onesie-by-hand/
You can hand sew it or use fabric glue!
If you're going to be Sergeant Calhoun I think your husband should be Felix since they end up together anyway. I like the candy corn idea for your baby!

Hi! We are attending our first MNSSHP this fall (9/30) and per DD’s (5) request, we will be doing an Alice in Winderland theme. Mom (me) will be the queen of hearts and Dad will be the Matter. While I am going to take a stab at Disney bounding for me and DH, I’d like to do a literal interpretation of DD’s Alice costume. What are your favorite sources for kids costumes? I can’t sew, so that isn’t an option.
Thanks!
PS, although DS (2) isn’t going to the party, I may still make him the white rabbit. Though it will be a complete waste of money since his real Halloween costume will be Miguel from Coco.

Have you checked the link on the MAIN page? I posted a list of online sites, most currently have discounts and sign-up bonus coupons available. Hopefully they stack and you get free shipping too. I'd start with any online stores especially those that are close by your home. If you decide you don't like the fit or fabric then you should be able to take it back to the store instead of incurring return shipping fees so be sure to read the policy.

Here's the link with all the info: Post #157

I've only purchased two Halloween costumes:
Harley Quinn from Ebay which I do not recommend, ever. And an Egyptian/Cleopatra costume from Spirit. This one was made well using lightweight flowing fabric which is perfect for FL hot humid weather. I still own this one and would wear it again. HQ was tossed!

upload_2018-6-4_23-29-35.png

Have you checked the link on the MAIN page? I posted a list of online sites, most currently have discounts and sign-up bonus coupons available. Hopefully they stack and you get free shipping too. I'd start with any online stores especially those that are close by your home. If you decide you don't like the fit or fabric then you should be able to take it back to the store instead of incurring return shipping fees so be sure to read the policy.

Here's the link with all the info: Post #157

I've only purchased two Halloween costumes:
Harley Quinn from Ebay which I do not recommend, ever. And an Egyptian/Cleopatra costume from Spirit. This one was made well using lightweight flowing fabric which is perfect for FL hot humid weather. I still own this one and would wear it again. HQ was tossed!

View attachment 327304
I must have missed that post. Thank you!!!!

]While I am going to take a stab at Disney bounding for me and DH, I’d like to do a literal interpretation of DD’s Alice costume. What are your favorite sources for kids costumes? I can’t sew, so that isn’t an option.
I don't have children, so I can't speak from experience, but I have seen several Disboard moms gush over LittleDressUpShop.com costumes. They have a couple of Alice dresses for not-the-worst prices.

We have not yet decided on going to MNSSHP this year but I've been thinking of unique and not so hot of a costume because there were times I thought I'd pass out last year in my velvet and elastic Snow White costume lol.

If I were to wear this would you know what character I was trying to be...???
61VKdLOjOlL._UY741_.jpg

912NP7PfdFL._UX679_.jpg

If I were to wear this would you know what character I was trying to be...???
My first thought was 'Figment?!' but maybe also a 70s glam Rapunzel?

@FoxC63 Catching up with the thread; I'm so glad you found fabric for Dr Watson! The Joann's near us had a Memorial Day sale (that I missed, boo) and I hoped you and everyone on this thread got some deals. xD
Also, those boots are bangin'!! Are you planning to pick your bag based on the 'mid-century medical kit' style?

@FoxC63 Catching up with the thread; I'm so glad you found fabric for Dr Watson! The Joann's near us had a Memorial Day sale (that I missed, boo) and I hoped you and everyone on this thread got some deals. xD
Also, those boots are bangin'!! Are you planning to pick your bag based on the 'mid-century medical kit' style?

Their Daffodil Sale before the Memorial Day Sale is the best! Patterns for $0.99 - woof! And I missed that! :worried:
Yes thanks, really happy I found fabric to work with. Loving the boots too. As far as a medical bag hmm, I really try to use what I have on hand which gives me the biggest bang for my buck.
upload_2018-6-5_18-26-7.png Still thinking though...

What's going on with your costume?

My first thought was 'Figment?!' but maybe also a 70s glam Rapunzel?

I agree Figment! ::yes::

Yay I'm glad it won't be too much of a stretch for people to know!
I'm considering Figment ears to seal the deal but then again I'm not a huge fan of headbands because I wear glasses and it gets uncomfortable.

I'm considering Figment ears to seal the deal but then again I'm not a huge fan of headbands because I wear glasses and it gets uncomfortable.

I hear you there! That's why I don't own any. A figment hat would be cute, lots of styles to consider! Glad to see you posting again! You've been missed!

I hear you there! That's why I don't own any. A figment hat would be cute, lots of styles to consider! Glad to see you posting again! You've been missed!

I've been keeping busy posting on other threads.
I felt kinda sad looking at everyone's MNNSHP posts since I likely wasn't going but now I might be.
I've already got my ticket to MVMCP though so I still have a trip to look forward to even if I don't go between now and then.

Their Daffodil Sale before the Memorial Day Sale is the best! Patterns for $0.99 - woof! And I missed that! :worried:
Yes thanks, really happy I found fabric to work with. Loving the boots too. As far as a medical bag hmm, I really try to use what I have on hand which gives me the biggest bang for my buck.
View attachment 327524 Still thinking though...

What's going on with your costume?
Of course, use what you got for the bag! I just wondered if you were considering the medium-sized boxier/hard shell types that you might have. I wouldn't blame you for going with a crossbody or clutch, though, since the bigger the bag the more heavy stuff seems to go in it.

I have our clothes pretty much done! I should post pics. I'm torn between going with the correct layers ~for the authenticity~ versus wearing a tank top for comfort. We still need all of the accessories.
I also fully struck out with the simple hair 'highlighters' I got to turn my dark brown hair into white-silver. Anyone have experience with theatrical hair powders? I've seen them work in theatre but I don't know about using them in the outside world with humidity and wind.

There are loads of barrette hair bows on Etsy that are Figment-inspired. Maybe they have some horn hair clips, too?

I've been keeping busy posting on other threads.
I felt kinda sad looking at everyone's MNNSHP posts since I likely wasn't going but now I might be.
I've already got my ticket to MVMCP though so I still have a trip to look forward to even if I don't go between now and then.

Yep, I see you every now & then. Please feel free to hop on the itinerary and scare the newbies! :laughing: Your advice is always welcomed. Oh, and I hope you join the Halloween Party too! See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989843"]Post #9[/URL]
Yay baby! Win some money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter