“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

My 10 year old is bounding as Scuttle - do you think she'd be okay to have a fork stuck in her ponytail? Or would that violate the pointy things rule?

Hello All!
I'm so excited to be saying I'll be attending my first halloween party ever! I'm 19 and I'll be going with my dad as he is visiting me here in Florida. Would it be weird for us to dress up since were both adults? If not any suggestions of costumes that would be good for a father and daughter would be greatly appreciated! Also are the limited edition treats and food worth purchasing?
Any other tips or recommendations would be amazing!
Thank you everyone!
you could Disney bound as Belle and her dad

Hello All!
I'm so excited to be saying I'll be attending my first halloween party ever! I'm 19 and I'll be going with my dad as he is visiting me here in Florida. Would it be weird for us to dress up since were both adults? If not any suggestions of costumes that would be good for a father and daughter would be greatly appreciated! Also are the limited edition treats and food worth purchasing?
Any other tips or recommendations would be amazing!
Thank you everyone!
I love seeing all of the costumes at the Halloween party - some people are so creative! I think because it's the only time adults are technically allowed to dress up, you should do it if you're comfortable with it! You'll have a great time either way!

I have a question that I am hoping more experienced MNSSHP goers may be able to answer for me. I am planning on going as a Jedi and I an concerned about the cloak. The one I will be wearing does not have a neck strap, but has straps that goes around the arm. We may also attach it directly to the rest of the costume at the shoulders. We are also thinking of putting slits in the cloak for my arms to go through. Looking for opinions as to whether this will be allowed. I have seen various pictures that this may be acceptable. The cloak will NOT reach the ground.

Last edited:
So costumes are starting to finally come together for me and the wife and her birthday/mnsshp party on Oct 25th. As a reminder me and the wife are playing homage to Disneyland’s Social clubs and a 1950s take on Merida. As such my wife is making us custom denim jackets /vest for me, and I was going to make the club patches. The wife is also making a new 50s style Merida type dress. In any case I Finally got the patches started and was able to finish the back club patch and rockers. I still need to make a few more trader sams and othe Disney ride patches but I still have a month and a half. In any case this is what we have so far
Hmm so me and the wife will be at the Oct 25th Party, which also is my wifes BDay so we are prob going all out on costumes this year. We are thinking about paying homage to the 50s and to Disneylands Social Clubs by having my Wife Disney Bound as a 1950s version of Merida.

She will be making a vintage 50s green dress with Celtic Embelishments as well as whatever leather accessories I decide to make for her. We both will be wearing Custom made Denim 1950s Style Social Club jackets with our own Stylized designed patches. Still havent decided on the name yet for the Silly Social Club but of course it will be something Brave/Merida influenced, "Meridas Marauders" or something of that nature.

Due to my wife being a Redhead by birth and my love of the Classic version of Pirates I will design a his and hers style patch. Hers might say Redhead Brigade or Redhead Original no idea yet. Mine will have "We wants the Redhead" somewhere in the design.

I myself will also being wearing one of my Tartan Kilts because thats just how I dress as Disney and nicely enough it goes with our theme, I will prob Greese my hair back to the 50s style and depending on the heat at that time in October I will wear Ghille Broughes.

I am sure there is more that we will do, of course making sure it stays within Disney Guidelines but thats all we have come up with so far. We normally only go this level of all out for Renaissance Festivals since me and the wife are also "Rennies" but considering this also will co-inside with regular Disney Bounding rolls, it will serve a dual purpose and be allowed for future WDW visits durring non MNSSHP days or even D23 next year.

Depending on time I might even make my wife a Teddy Bear purse to pay homage to Meridas bear brothers, I know we have a crazy amount of ideas, and a whole costume shop to do them in at our house but now it just comes down to time.

OK UPDATE TIME. So its been awhile since I updated everyone on the costume plans. Like many things the ideas have changed a bit but not to drastic. Everything is pretty much the same except the name of the the "Social Club" has changed. Me and the wife have decided to change the Club name to "Tiki Traders" since we both love the 50s Tiki feel. We also love Trader Sams Grotto and the cheese that is the Jungle Cruise, So that end, this weekend I whipped out the Club patch and rockers. IMG_0058.JPEG

I still have plenty of work to do on other drink themed patches and such but so Far the biggest part of the patch part of the project is done. The artwork is my wifes, which I digitized and had sewn out with our embroidery machine. The wife is still working on the jackets, but our muslins and fittings are done for them, so all she has to do is cut out the denim and sew them together. I still have to make the Bear purse or Bag, which shouldnt take more then a weekend, and the wife wants a hidden Mickey belt which I will have to spend a couple days designing then cutting and dyeing and put it together.. Over all the next month will be busy but good.

I cant wait to see more of other peoples costumes. I will post more pictures of the project as pieces are finished.

Hi all! I have been lurking on this thread for a while and loving everyone's ideas and creativity. I finally finished our costumes. We are going as Moana and Half Shark Maui. I made a little purse and attached a 'Pua' I made out of felt to carry a couple small things. It was alot of work but we are so excited to wear them to the party on 9/14!!

Attachments

• 20180822_073417.jpg
    20180822_073417.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180902_121149.jpg
    20180902_121149.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180905_144350.jpg
    20180905_144350.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 23

Hi all! I have been lurking on this thread for a while and loving everyone's ideas and creativity. I finally finished our costumes. We are going as Moana and Half Shark Maui. I made a little purse and attached a 'Pua' I made out of felt to carry a couple small things. It was alot of work but we are so excited to wear them to the party on 9/14!!
LOVE THESE!!! Oh I hope you get a lot of compliments in person at the party, your costumes are perfect!

This is awesome!!!

I love the shark costume!

Ok so I don't think we will be able to come up with a consensus for the whole family. DH is probably wearing a Star Wars Halloween shirt. DS is probably going as a dalmatian from 101 dalmatians. So I am debating between disneybounding as Cruella or wearing a Disney Halloween shirt with Halloween ears. What do you guys think?

Ok so I don't think we will be able to come up with a consensus for the whole family. DH is probably wearing a Star Wars Halloween shirt. DS is probably going as a dalmatian from 101 dalmatians. So I am debating between disneybounding as Cruella or wearing a Disney Halloween shirt with Halloween ears. What do you guys think?
Cruella if your son is a dalmatian

Ok....costume switch again....my son keeps changing his mind. I read the costume guidelines. Kids under 14 are able to have capes below the waist, right? It said only over 14 could not but I just want to confirm kids can have them. Thanks

Ok....costume switch again....my son keeps changing his mind. I read the costume guidelines. Kids under 14 are able to have capes below the waist, right? It said only over 14 could not but I just want to confirm kids can have them. Thanks

It would be nice if guests would post pictures of costumes during these parties unfortunately I have not seen them. Last year I have seen women in long gowns and men in full capes that were calf length. If I had a daughter I could see using a caplet but I would not for my son.

It would be nice if guests would post pictures of costumes during these parties unfortunately I have not seen them. Last year I have seen women in long gowns and men in full capes that were calf length. If I had a daughter I could see using a caplet but I would not for my son.

I agree. There seems to have been more photo sharing last year across the board - decorations, magic shots, costumes, food.....

My nephew and his wife decided on costumes - the joker and Harley Quinn. He is going to burn up. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter