“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

I bought that rain jacket Andi has when we were there last week :goodvibes

That stinks the safari wasn't good in the rain; we've done it a few times in the rain and found the animals to be quite active, especially the lions :cat:

I keep forgetting I want to try one of those bowls at Sa'tuli! Steve and ate there during the Pandora previews, he had a bowl and loved it but I went with the cheeseburger pods :rolleyes1 Yeah, need to try a bowl lol

People crack me up in this show!! I don't have any kind of real bug phobia, and since it's all so cartoony I don't get the freak outs,
I feel the same way, I secretly love all the freak outs! You are so right about the wait before the doors open, definitely the scariest part:rotfl:

I'm sorry the rain cut your Pandora experience short, but it's nice that Satu'li wasn't crowded and you got some yummy food. I'm so glad they added it with the land, it's one of my favorites now!!
It really started raining hard by the time we got to the bus stop, our food was so yummy. A definite must for us now!

Interesting! I'd never even thought to ask for this before, since we usually take afternoon breaks, too!

I love that you went to Satu'li Canteen. I'm a big fan!

The call to arrange morning mousekeeping has worked really well for us at each of our stays.
I know you are a fan of the kids meals and the salad bowl I got was so delicious, I would get it again for sure!!

So useful! This came into effect right after we left in June. I can't wait to try it out in the future!

Sounds lovely!
I really liked the bus time addition to the MDE, it was so useful!
There is something so blissful about returning to the room with soft music playing, beds turned down and several yummy Ghiradelli chocolates sitting on the pillow, ahh!!

Page 9????? I finally get back on here and find your report and you are on page 9? :worship::worship::worship:

All caught up now and looking forward to more. I can't believe your room troubles, but major pixie dust getting moved over to GF!!!!
Yay Kari, :welcome:, glad to have you joining in!
Our room was so loud at WL, glad we got to call GF home for our 9 nights :love:

I’m waiting patiently for your fun DR to get started!

I call the housekeeping number and request mousekeeping service for every morning. I explain we are always gone in the morning and we come back in the afternoon for a rest. I do ask if I need to call each day for the request and I have always been told no, they will make a note for this request. This has worked great for us, and we never get any other type of security check. I always leave a tip and a note of thanks and I believe this helps as well for the consistent morning mousekeeping

That is a great tip! I have really only seen people complain about the security check if they decline housekeeping or have the sign up when housekeeping comes. It seems like the policy is either not well known or not yet standardized because I called for extra coffee in August at CSR (they have Keurigs now) and we had declined housekeeping and they made sure to tell me to not have the sign on the door. Like they made it sound like no one would be allowed to knock if the sign was on. They were sooooo quick and brought us a ton of coffee. She kinda looked around but that was the only time I ever knew of a CM coming to our room, they must have done the checks while we were out.

I have read so many great reviews I still can't believe we have not made it to Satuli! Usually the crowds are so heavy in Pandora that we want to boogie out of there. Plus we really love Yak and Yeti and Nomad Lounge. BUT it's on my list!

... and ALL CAUGHT UP! Yay!

Oh no!!!! I know people were very upset when they heard that Disney was trying to tone down the antics but if it renders these rooms virtually uninhabitable
The room really was in the noisiest section. We rarely complain except the older I get the more important a quiet comfortable room is, especially after playing in the parks all day!

Your room looks beautiful
Our room was very nice, we saw the monorail from our beds, loved that!

They did come out so cute. I need to make a point to wait for this one.
Thank you, as tired as I was it was a miracle, lol!

Well that's sweet and all but personally I love your pirate hooks (we do that too, argh!)
Argh! Love this ride so much, I always make the pirate noise and symbol at some point on the ride!

Too funny! You were dead on your feet I'm sure, you'd been up about 24 hours straight!
That picture of me with my eyes closed says it all!

but yes we will DEFINITELY meet up in May!
I’m so excited to meet up, this will truly be epic!!

That is a great tip! I have really only seen people complain about the security check if they decline housekeeping or have the sign up when housekeeping comes. It seems like the policy is either not well known or not yet standardized because I called for extra coffee in August at CSR (they have Keurigs now) and we had declined housekeeping and they made sure to tell me to not have the sign on the door. Like they made it sound like no one would be allowed to knock if the sign was on. They were sooooo quick and brought us a ton of coffee. She kinda looked around but that was the only time I ever knew of a CM coming to our room, they must have done the checks while we were out.

I have read so many great reviews I still can't believe we have not made it to Satuli! Usually the crowds are so heavy in Pandora that we want to boogie out of there. Plus we really love Yak and Yeti and Nomad Lounge. BUT it's on my list!

... and ALL CAUGHT UP! Yay!
Yay Thank you for taking the time to read my TR’s!! I have found the tip to avoid unexpected security checks works well! I call at the beginning of each trip to request morning service and for us this works great! I have also heard if you have the sign out, it does prompt the security checks:confused3which renders the sign useless, why do they offer the sign, it clearly states I am resting!!
Definitely try Satu’li Canteen it is yummy! I do love Y&Y, one of our all time favorites.

Haha! What is that? A shadow?
It is a shadow, looks really creepy doesn’t it?

That looks great! Maybe I'll finally try this place in October since it'll just be Mike and me
Give it a try, so worth it, the food is really yummy!

Interesting. I never thought of doing this either. I wonder if all resorts would be as efficient. This was a bit of a problem for us on our last trip. Since our room was at the far end, mousekeeping often didn't make it until mid-afternoon, right when we wanted to take our break.
This has worked for us at many different resorts, I love having a clean, fresh room when we get back from the parks in the afternoon!
I bought that rain jacket Andi has when we were there last week
I love that rain jacket, I never get to wear it though!

That stinks the safari wasn't good in the rain;
I don’t know what it is but the last couple Safaris we have been on, have been real duds! I still love them!

I keep forgetting I want to try one of those bowls at Sa'tuli!
Try the bowls, yummy!! We spent Thanksgiving Day at AK last year and it was so awesome, it wasn’t even real crowded!

Not sure why I am so behind..... Can I blame the craziness of kindergarten in September??

We did stop for a few more pictures with a fairly empty Mainstreet!
Love this picture!

I brought a mug from one of our last trips and went to Gasparilla Grill to fill it with coffee and buy a cream cheese danish.
That mug is cute!

Our service was very good, he filled our water frequently and did not give us the side eyeo_O for just ordering appetizers and drinking just water. Sad but true, we do get the side eye from wait staff especially when they realize I won’t be ordering alcohol and we will be sharing, oh well!! For those of you reading along about our epic Dis meet trip in May, that trip will have me trying some much reviewed alcohol drinks!! I don’t enjoy drinking by myself so I rarely get an adult beverage on my trips with Andi. That will be different in May and in March, when my sister will be joining us!:drinking1
Hoping I will have a chance to enjoy a beverage with you in May!

The rain was much lighter so we checked out a few shops and went to A bugs life. I love how scared everyone gets in here, it is so funny! The lady in front of us freaked when the maggots and cockroaches left before us!:rotfl2:
So true! There were kids screaming blue murder when I was there in August...lol!

We decided to eat next since the rain was coming down a little harder now. Satu’li was pretty quiet. I decided to go with a kids meal. I did the bowl with the wood-grilled chicken and salad. This came with a small water. I also decided to finally try the Blueberry cream cheese mousse. Andi had the regular bowl with chicken, rice, beans, and creamy herb dressing. Can I just say, yummy. My little salad had so much flavor, it was delicious and the dessert was so yummy, the mango curd on top really added to this dessert.
Satuli is so yummy! I had the same bowl as Andi except with tofu. I loved it!

How is your sweet girl doing with university? Jack is super happy which makes me happy. I am so excited to have him home next weekend for Thanksgiving!!!!! :)

I was reading someones TR last week and their safari in the rain and lot of the animals were very active. I guess some days the animals are lazier than others

Hoping I will have a chance to enjoy a beverage with you in May!
Yay! I sure hope so, it sounds like it will be a really fun and “epic” trip.

Satuli is so yummy! I had the same bowl as Andi except with tofu. I loved it!

How is your sweet girl doing with university? Jack is super happy which makes me happy. I am so excited to have him home next weekend for Thanksgiving!!!!! :)
We really enjoyed Satu’li. I would definitely recommend this place.
Andi is home this weekend for the first time, of course she is gone to meet some friends at this time, lol! She is doing great and loves it so far. So glad your son loves it as well.

I was reading someones TR last week and their safari in the rain and lot of the animals were very active. I guess some days the animals are lazier than others
Our Safari was a dud! In fact the last several were boring, not sure where the animals went, maybe out to lunch!

congrats on the move to GF!

I wonder why the bunk bed room was smelly and dark, wow! I have been planning to stay at the WL...

thanks for sharing!

congrats on the move to GF!

I wonder why the bunk bed room was smelly and dark, wow! I have been planning to stay at the WL...

thanks for sharing!
Thank you!
The bunk bed room was directly below the Roaring Fork QS and it had a old bbq sauce type smell mixed with musty so not good. I think the way the bed bunks are designed, it made the room look darker with all the dark wood. The resort is beautiful just bad luck with room for us! I would try it again except I would upgrade to a woods view instead of standard so we could get a quiet room away from main lobby.

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for all the fun comments, I sure enjoy reading all of them! Well, my sweet Andi was home for a quick hi this weekend. It was so nice to see her. She looks really good and is enjoying school. She has met some really nice friends and says she loves it there so far! Yay, makes this mom proud! It was hard to say goodbye again but I will see her in about 1 month:love:.

On with the show! Speaking of shows, I finally watched The Greatest Showman! OMG I loved it so much! I am obsessed now and will have to watch it many times just like Moulin Rouge! Hugh Jackman is so good in this. Isn’t he awesome:worship: Okay, on with my TR show!

Today was Monday 8/13/18 and it is 5:00am! Time to wake up and head to Andy’s yard to play with all the toys. We have FP+ for AS2, ToT, and ST. ADR at MM.
We got ready, checked the bus app, and walked out to a DHS bus at 6:03am. There was a dad and his son on the bus with us, that was it. I guess we were the 4 crazy people getting up at the crack of dawn, while on vacation.:rotfl:

We arrived at DHS by 6:15, we were let out at the closer bus stops, for the last time. We were through security in no time at all and we were 3rd in line at the entrance. I was so excited because we would be one of the first heading to TSL:banana: The CM’s let us in right at 6:30, this was great! I had read on the boards and another Disney site that the park was opening at 6:30 for the resort guests. We got into the park and we were held at the Starbucks cafe area. This is were it all went downhill:sad2: We waited and waited, finally at 6:50am the TSL CM’s came and walked us back to the area. It is so cute. I had read to stay to the right and you will be in the SDD line so this is what we did and we were like the 3 or 4th group in line, yay, I forgive you for not letting us in at 6:30, right? WRONG! The nice CM comes up to us and says SDD is having technical difficulties and they have no idea if and when it will be up running, what oh no! Well, some of you may know, from reading my other TR’s, Andi does not like waiting for attractions! She has a max wait of 15-20 minutes. I was not sure what to do, should we wait it out since we are way up front or should we go and do other things! Andi quickly made that decision for us and said let’s go do TSM. I, sadly got out of the SDD line and headed to TSM. I was trying to enjoy the area,
except I kept thinking oh no what if SDD starts working really soon, how dumb to have left the line!
IMG_Sep302018at31143PM.jpg IMG_Sep302018at31358PM.jpg

We walked on TSM and it was so fun to see Mr. Potato Head again! I was feeling a little better after a fun rootin tootin shootin ride. Andi beat me on the score of course. We decided to get a few pictures at the popsicle wall before going back in and riding again!
IMG_Sep302018at31425PM.jpg IMG_Sep302018at31327PM.jpg IMG_Sep302018at31808PM.jpg

We decided to get in line to meet Woody and Jesse next. We waited about 15 minutes. This was a fun meet and greet. Jesse liked my Jesse themed magic band.
IMG_Sep302018at31451PM.jpg

We decided to meet Buzz next and get a picture with Woody at the front of the TSL. SDD was still down at 7:50, we would have wasted 1 hour in line. I was feeling better about our decision at this time.
IMG_Sep302018at31550PM.jpg
IMG_Sep302018at31525PM.jpg

My observations of TSL so far........ It is small but I really liked it. The details are so cool. Love that Jesse and Rex talk to you on top of the SDD. Woody talks to you as you enter TSL. The green army men were quite interactive and fun to watch. So much detail in the land. The bathrooms are cute.
IMG_Sep302018at31622PM.jpg IMG_Sep302018at31710PM.jpg
This was the closest I got to SDD this morning! He does talk, cool! He did about 50 test rides while we were there.

We decided to leave TSL at 7:50am and head to RnRc and ToT area, stay tuned for more DHS fun............

Guess who is home this weekend? If you said Andi, yes indeed you were correct. She is doing great at college and really loves it so far. She got a 98% on her first Spanish test :cheer2:
So glad to hear she got home for the weekend. I can only fathom how amazing it was to see her. Glad to hear she is doing so well.

On with the show! Speaking of shows, I finally watched The Greatest Showman! OMG I loved it so much! I am obsessed now and will have to watch it many times just like Moulin Rouge! Hugh Jackman is so good in this. Isn’t he awesome:worship: Okay, on with my TR show!
Thanks for the tip. We're heading out of town on Thursday and I was looking for a good movie to download.

We arrived at DHS by 6:15, we were let out at the closer bus stops, for the last time. We were through security in no time at all and we were 3rd in line at the entrance. I was so excited because we would be one of the first heading to TSL:banana: The CM’s let us in right at 6:30, this was great!
Yikes that is early! I don't even get out of bed for work until 6:30 :-)

he nice CM comes up to us and says SDD is having technical difficulties and they have no idea if and when it will be up running, what oh no! Well, some of you may know, from reading my other TR’s, Andi does not like waiting for attractions! She has a max wait of 15-20 minutes.
Oh no!!!! I can't believe they didn't tell you until then and after you'd gotten up so early. But it looks like Andi's hatred of waiting helped you out. She and Casey are most definitely cut from the same cloth.

My observations of TSL so far........ It is small but I really liked it. The details are so cool. Love that Jesse and Rex talk to you on top of the SDD.
I loved all the details too, though I totally missed Jesse and Rex talking to you. I agree it is small though. And I'm not even talking about the rides. With so much land why disney made this so compact I do not know

Oh yay! I love this movie! I'm a big fan of Hugh Jackman, and he really doesn't disappoint in this. I listen to the soundtrack at the gym a lot.

Andi does not like waiting for attractions! She has a max wait of 15-20 minutes.

I'm with Andi on this one. I have a short attention span for rides. It's rare that I'll wait more than 30-45 minutes, and even then it had better be something I'm super jazzed about.

SDD was still down at 7:50, we would have wasted 1 hour in line. I was feeling better about our decision at this time.

Andi made the right call!

This was the closest I got to SDD this morning! He does talk, cool! He did about 50 test rides while we were there.

I hope that you got on the ride eventually!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter