“Thank you” souvenir

Rory607

DIS Veteran
I’m looking for ideas on something special to get my dad and his wife as a “thank you” souvenir. We had started planning a WDW trip for next fall and they decided to join us. After we began making plans they very generously offered to pay for a portion of the trip(most of it, honestly). I’ve asked for their input on the planning and my dad has basically said Disney revolves around the kids. They just want to see the grandkids having fun, so they will go along with whatever we want to do. They chose the resort, but everything else is up to us.

When we have traveled to other destinations we have paid for dinner at a nice restaurant, but that won’t work because we’re on the dining plan. Any suggestions??

I’m looking for ideas on something special to get my dad and his wife as a “thank you” souvenir. We had started planning a WDW trip for next fall and they decided to join us. After we began making plans they very generously offered to pay for a portion of the trip(most of it, honestly). I’ve asked for their input on the planning and my dad has basically said Disney revolves around the kids. They just want to see the grandkids having fun, so they will go along with whatever we want to do. They chose the resort, but everything else is up to us.

When we have traveled to other destinations we have paid for dinner at a nice restaurant, but that won’t work because we’re on the dining plan. Any suggestions??

What do they like to do for fun? Truly only you know the answer to that but I'd think of their activities and take it from there:).

I am the grammy on the trip......a picture with all the kiddos and the grandparents in a lovely frame.....PERFECT trip gift :)

You could buy them desert party tix for just the two of them. Just make sure the desert party is one with chairs if possible.

Or pay for the tip with one of your table service meals. Or book a dinner theatre experience like hoop de doo.

Or you could look at an in room celebration gift or gift basket.

I agree A memory maker gift would also be great.

I would agree that the memory maker and maybe a nice picture printed and framed would be great. DW and I get a new Disney frame every trip and then print a favorite picture and put them up around the house.

Purely in the interest of throwing out an alternative, you mentioned that you often pay for a nice meal. You could opt to do this with a signature restaurant that everyone is interested in but maybe you (the group) didn't want to use the credits on it. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Several years ago, we did a photo shoot at the Poly as a thank you for my parents taking us to Disney. It was wonderful. They took almost 100 photos of us in a 20 minute time period around the resort. Options can be seen at Disney fine art photography.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter