“Told you I did. Reckless is (s)he.” - November 2017 Trips - 12/30 Bonus - Magnolia (Italy Trip)

The Parisian Afternoon

We got in line for Parisian Afternoon and checked in through the long line outside of Monsieur Paul. We were actually sat next to a person from the Disboards & her husband (who was running the half as well the next day) (Hi soniam!) The table was already set up and we got a chance to review the menu as we waited for the event to start and the mimosas to start flowing.

3mjI5JF.jpg

Table Setting

82TSYuK.jpg

Menu

We were served the first of what would be many mimosas. I think I ended up somewhere around 7 and 9 - my husband 10.

QnkLuPP.jpg

Mimosa

The first course was a small cup of zucchini soup with a curry whipped cream. This was an interesting dish. The curry whipped cream had a nice kick to it that worked with the cool zucchini but after so many bites of it - it was more than enough for me. I couldn’t finish it. My husband didn’t really like it but that is more a flavor thing as he hates zucchini so I’m happy he at least tried it!

FC5SVjg.jpg

Cold Zucchini Soup, Curry Whipped Cream, Fennel Bread

The second course was a light lunch with 4 different cold sandwiches along with two warm pastries. I didn’t touch the mushroom cupcake as the name turned me off (we all know I hate mushrooms) but the savory croissant was really filling and flavorful. Of the cold sandwiches, my favorite was the curry tumeric w/ chicken. This I believe was a repeat of the sandwiches we had two years ago the first time we did this event. I also liked the beet marble one a lot as let’s be honest - between that and the soup - that was all the vegetables I was going to enjoy this day.

XSsd4h0.jpg

Cold:
Tarragon Spinach Bread Sandwich w/ Mustard Tarragon Butter & Ham
Curry Turmeric Bread Sandwich w/ Garlic Aioli & Chicken
Beet Marble Bread Sandwich w/ Basil Pesto, Tomato, Carrot & Cucumber
Dill Brioche Sandwich w/ Caper Mayonnaise, Red Onions & Smoked Salmon
Warm:
Mushroom & Thyme Cupcake
Rosemary Savory Croissant

The last course is really the star of the meal - everything one the dish was a hit between my husband and I. I loved all 3 of the macarons! The petit choux was also a nice flavorful bite. I would honestly be happy if this event just served mimosas and this last course and I would feel I got my money’s worth. The price of the event with the unlimited mimosas is one of the better deals of the festival.

MaCKChx.jpg

Chocolate Coffee Pot Cream
White Chocolate Lemon Ginger Macaron
Chocolate, Vanilla Ganache Macaron
Chocolate, Blackberry Ganache Macaron
Petit Choux FIlled w/ Valrhona Chocolate Milk Mousse, Orange Cremeux, Almond Hazelnut Praline
Valrhona Chocolate Bonbons

I'm not sure how I'd feel about the soup of the sandwiches, but you had me at bottomless mimosa's :-)

Thanks for the peek into this event. Looks like a fun afternoon and perfect post race indulgence. And with the OJ, the mimosas are basically healthy!

Oops, I forgot to comment on the race! I was in B too but jumped back to C with friends! Darn it, we missed each other again! Congrats on your first race back!

I'm not sure how I'd feel about the soup of the sandwiches, but you had me at bottomless mimosa's :-)

You can't go wrong with bottomless mimosas and macarons! That is what sold me on the event and all I really cared about enjoying!

Agreed and the desserts look good.

They were good! I love properly prepared macarons!

Thanks for the peek into this event. Looks like a fun afternoon and perfect post race indulgence. And with the OJ, the mimosas are basically healthy!

It was a good post race indulgence although my husband probably had too much for having a race the next morning. Mimosas are pretty healthy! Champagne and OJ are totally good for you. My husband started a new job this past week and one of the perks with it is discounts on alcohol (and some free alcohol so he can taste different types).

Looks like a delightful afternoon! Holy mimosas!! Dessert looks amazing!

Yes! Lots and lots of mimosas! I love chocolate so it was a good event!

Oops, I forgot to comment on the race! I was in B too but jumped back to C with friends! Darn it, we missed each other again! Congrats on your first race back!

You had to have past me while you guys were racing! Hopefully I'll see you some point during marathon weekend! We need to stop passing in the night!

Room Service

After our special event, neither of us were feeling any pain. We headed back to the room. I took a nice bath (love that 1 bedroom!) then a very short nap. Well, my husband took a nap and then refused to wake back up. When it neared our reservation time for Flying Fish and I attempted to wake him up - I knew it would have been a horrible experience if I forced him to get up and go to dinner. Sometimes you just know and take the $20 missed ADR hit as I didn’t want a fight or a horrible dinner. After it passed 6:00PM though - I had to become annoying. As he had a half marathon in less than 12 hours - I knew he needed something in his stomach for dinner especially after all that champagne and orange juice. He wasn’t moving out of bed so I at least got him to agree to room service - the only thing he wanted was chocolate cake (sigh) but I ordered him some real food as well. It took about 45 minutes for it to arrive and he still wasn’t out of bed! I got to eat my dinner/dessert alone!

I had the “hot’ buffalo wings. My only complaint was that the “hot” was really not “hot” but I realize that Disney is making food for the masses and has to adjust accordingly. Outside of that - the wings were good. Crispy and moist as it should be! It didn’t take long for me to enjoy them all!

hOLraMx.jpg

Buffalo Wings - “Hot”

My dessert was a crunch bar - which I know is an odd choice. What I really wanted was sold out (eclair), my second option (can't remember) also was and even the M&M plain were sold out! The order lady and I were laughing/crying at this point. I settled on a crunch bar as I wanted something sweet and I didn’t want to leave the room to go shopping for it. It was a good candy bar!

6AC76Vi.jpg

Crunch Bar

After I finished my dinner and my episode of Star Trek: Voyager, my husband woke up enough to eat dinner. I was nice and sat with him. He was happy with his salad as I knew it was an extremely safe option to pick. Grilled chicken is also a good post 10K/pre-half dinner. While he didn’t eat all the salad, he at least enjoyed all the protein. I’ll call that a win.

lEzSaHf.jpg

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

He did totally devour what he really wanted - chocolate cake. It didn’t take long for it to be gone either so that’s a good sign of its enjoyability!

PsXmaiF.jpg

Chocolate Cake

After dinner - he went back to bed for the night. I watched television before going to bed myself.​

You had to have past me while you guys were racing! Hopefully I'll see you some point during marathon weekend! We need to stop passing in the night!
Let’s hope!

I can’t stinking multi-quote! Room service-Oh my gosh, this cracks me up! I remember you messaging about it when it happened! Gotta love room service! I’m sure your hubby did well on his run! Men! lol!

Sounds like your Parisian afternoon was very similar to my French lunch! :laughing: And the fact that you were in a one bedroom, you had the tub! I think I like the idea of the French lunch a little better as they give you a bit more food, and a little less carbs. Same thing though unlimited wine, we probably had as many glasses, but there was no way to tell they just kept filling them! Not sure I would have liked any of the sandwiches you mentioned.

Let’s hope!

I can’t stinking multi-quote! Room service-Oh my gosh, this cracks me up! I remember you messaging about it when it happened! Gotta love room service! I’m sure your hubby did well on his run! Men! lol!

Yeah - I did post about it on the Wine & Dine thread! I'm glad he did eventually get up and eat else that probably would have not been good for the run! I did remind him during the event he had a half in the morning!

Sounds like your Parisian afternoon was very similar to my French lunch! :laughing: And the fact that you were in a one bedroom, you had the tub! I think I like the idea of the French lunch a little better as they give you a bit more food, and a little less carbs. Same thing though unlimited wine, we probably had as many glasses, but there was no way to tell they just kept filling them! Not sure I would have liked any of the sandwiches you mentioned.

It was similar in the fact we had a lot to drink! One bedrooms aren't a normal DVC option for us but when we got our Boardwalk Points last January - that was the only way we could get into the Boardwalk so 1 Bedroom it was! I've had mixed food experiences at the Frunch but that's more personal taste of things (I don't like blue cheese or escargot) than the quality of the food provided. If I had a longer trip - I would probably be more likely to indulge in a Frunch again but these trips this year were so short that it wasn't possible.

Food & Wine Booths

Shockingly, my husband did wake up on his own at 2:45AM and made it to the corrals on his own. I enjoyed the start of the race from my bed although I did hear the starting line fireworks but I also knew they would be occurring starting at that early hour. He finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes which isn’t bad considering how much alcohol he had indulged in at the Parisian Afternoon. We stayed in the room until 10:00AM when we attempted to check in to our new room early but it wasn’t ready yet. We left our luggage with bell services and headed into EPCOT before lunch. We were happy to find that the booths were already open so we indulged in a few despite not having long before lunch! We would have gone on Figment but even that had a 30 minute wait! I was shocked!

Chocolate Studio

My husband wanted chocolate as he loves dessert. He finished this off in no time as how can you go wrong with almond chocolate truffles?

vAg94Qx.jpg

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle w/ Warm Whiskey Caramel

Flavors of Fire

I then made him try one of my favorite dishes from the festival. We each got our own so we wouldn’t have to share and I was happy with that decision. The potato chip topped with this cheese were all worth it!

Ws6FJCo.jpg

Smoked Corned Beef w/ Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions, and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue

Light Lab

He wanted to see the light lab but we both just picked up one of the non-alcoholic options. The Citrus Apple Freeze was the winner between the two as the Vanilla Tonic Water had a very fake taste to it.

pvHJYyo.jpg

RGB: Citrus Apple Freeze

Oq0qhHl.jpg

BYxpLSj.jpg

T=C^2: Vanilla Toni Water & Cotton Candy

It was then time to check in for lunch which is what we were the most excited for!​

I am impressed your husband rallied for the race!! Hope he was appreciative of the room service! I heard Nestle Crunch was deemed one of the least desirable Halloween candies but I still like them! :thumbsup2

I tried those potato chips with cheese and corned beef based on your recommendation from the preview and oh my, they were good! Think I had them at least twice.

I thought the light lab was kinda a let-down. Forget what drink I got but I dumped most of it.

Can’t wait to hear about your lunch!!

He must have a strong constitution to drink all that and then get up and run! I wish I'd had enough room to try the corner beef you had, it looks delicious!

While I love Flying Fish, sometimes just staying in and chilling can work out well (especially before a half marathon). Jason must have been right along side your hubby. He finished in 2:07, which was a personal best for him.

Awesome that the food booths were open so early. I loved the brisket chips too.

We encountered the 30 minute figments crowds most of the week. I wasn't expecting that at all. Going in February and September has really spoiled us. On our last full day we attempted to do a bit more food and wine and it was just a madhouse. We ended up at Tokyo Dining instead.

I am impressed your husband rallied for the race!! Hope he was appreciative of the room service! I heard Nestle Crunch was deemed one of the least desirable Halloween candies but I still like them! :thumbsup2

I tried those potato chips with cheese and corned beef based on your recommendation from the preview and oh my, they were good! Think I had them at least twice.

I thought the light lab was kinda a let-down. Forget what drink I got but I dumped most of it.

Can’t wait to hear about your lunch!!

I hadn't had a crunch bar in years I think! I always liked it them but they are never my first choice for candy. I'm more a Milky Way/M&M/Twiks gal.

Glad you enjoyed the corned beef as well!

The light lab could have been done much than it was. The concept was neat but they totally did need to improve their execution!

He must have a strong constitution to drink all that and then get up and run! I wish I'd had enough room to try the corner beef you had, it looks delicious!

He does have a strong constitution for running. I was shocked he did a long run yesterday after the events of Saturday even. I know I only finished my half marathon during the events because Betsy was there to drag me along as otherwise I would have given up. As I said that, I just realized I missed my 11 month window for Wine & Dine next year so I think I missed out on a Studio - Boardwalk view or Standard View. Hopefully I can try later today and call for that.

Hopefully the corned beef makes a return next year so you can try it!

While I love Flying Fish, sometimes just staying in and chilling can work out well (especially before a half marathon). Jason must have been right along side your hubby. He finished in 2:07, which was a personal best for him.

Awesome that the food booths were open so early. I loved the brisket chips too.

We encountered the 30 minute figments crowds most of the week. I wasn't expecting that at all. Going in February and September has really spoiled us. On our last full day we attempted to do a bit more food and wine and it was just a madhouse. We ended up at Tokyo Dining instead.

They must have finished along side as he started in C right? I must have seen him pass as I was watched at the Boardwalk!

It was crazy that Figment had such large crowds! IT was like that at Thanksgiving as well - in fact, we used a FP+ for it for the first time ever. September does have much better crowds than November!

Le Cellier

We arrived at Le Cellier right at opening and didn’t have to wait too long before we were seated. We had two servers as there was one in training. We both quickly ordered an adult beverage and looked over the menu to decide what we wanted. When they come back, they had the bread basket and our drinks. My husband went with the beer flight as he loves Unibroue ever since we had the Le Cellier F&W Lunch a few years ago. I went with a whiskey cocktail as I love my whiskey. Both of us were happy with our choices!

SyLVxpF.jpg

Bread Basket

Q698d4s.jpg

Unibroue Flight

xya62tB.jpg

Ottawa Apple - Crown Apple Maple Whisky, Apple Infusion and Cranberry Juice

For my appetizer, I got the Pork Belly. This was perfectly tender. You didn’t even need a fork! The parsnip was a nice balance for the richness of the pork.

G9ovSbn.jpg

Sweet & Spicy Pork Belly - Cider-Braised Pork Belly, Parsnip Silk, Apple Kimchi, Cider-Maple Reduction

My husband went with the Signature Poutine for his appetizer as the man loves french fries. Add cheese and red wine reduction and he’s even happier.

xQKKVQK.jpg

Le Cellier Signature Poutine - Fresh-Cut French Fries, Canadian Cheddar, Truffles, Red Wine Reduction

As we looked at the entree selection for the menu, we ended up decided to get the Porterhouse for 2 as it was close to the price as getting two filets and it came with some nice side options and bearnaise sauce which is my favorite steak sauce. The steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare and all the onions on top were the perfect amount of crisp. I enjoyed my risotto once I picked out the mushrooms and my husband enjoyed his lobster mac&cheese. Neither of us could finish all of this though and we left the restaurant really full!

JyVZMPB.jpg
ryZEG86.jpg

Porterhouse Steak for Two - Mushroom Risotto, Truffle-Butter Sauce, Bearnaise, Lobster Macaroni & Cheese, Crispy Onions

Le Cellier looks so good! I finally tried their booth this year and loved everything! I have yet to try poutine! My BFF from Toronto is running the marathon with me so maybe I’ll try it in January and see how she thinks it adds up to home. Just finished a 13 mile training run and could totally devour that porterhouse! Yum!

Thank you for these, We'll be at le collier next week, and DH and I plan to split the porterhouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!