“Walking” but not?

ookitarepanda

Earning My Ears
I’m wondering about the system for modifying a reservation. Just as an example, let’s say I want November 13-14 and I reserve at the 7-month window for November 11-14 (by booking on April 11). When can I modify the reservation to drop the first two days? If it’s on April 13, is that at midnight that day or at the sync time (8am EST)?

Also, is this the essence of walking a reservation? And how much would I be looked down on? :(

You can drop those nights on the morning of the 13th anytime after 8 am.

It is a form of walking since you are booking dates before your actual check in. You aren’t moving forward, but in essence it’s for the same purpose,

One of the best aspects of DVC is being able to modify reservations for whatever reason without penalty, unless you are 31 days or less from check in. What you are doing is within the rules.

Will some on the boards here think you shouldn’t? Maybe, but its Up to you to decide if you want to or not,

I change all the time and until the system penalizes me for doing so, if I need to book and change immediately, I will.

I can't agree more w Sandi. One of the most owner-friendly aspects of DVC is the ability to tweak your reservation until it exactly fits your travel plans (inventory availability, notwithstanding.) So many other timeshares don't provide that capability (charging really high fees for changes, for example), so as long as it's available, it's yours to use, IMO.

I’m wondering about the system for modifying a reservation. Just as an example, let’s say I want November 13-14 and I reserve at the 7-month window for November 11-14 (by booking on April 11). When can I modify the reservation to drop the first two days? If it’s on April 13, is that at midnight that day or at the sync time (8am EST)?

Also, is this the essence of walking a reservation? And how much would I be looked down on? :(

Well I don't speak for others, but I look down on reservation walkers quite a bit. But if it's your own reservation for your own use, you have every right to do that.

Well I don't speak for others, but I look down on reservation walkers quite a bit. But if it's your own reservation for your own use, you have every right to do that.
I used to look down on Reservation walkers until the DVC RENTAL business, by everyone who didn't plunk down thousands and thousands of dollars, started to impact availability- even getting into our home resorts at 11 months. That's when I realized I bought a timeshare to actually stay at the resort and not to use as a money making scheme. So I say get the reservation any way you can as long as it is within the rules of DVC. I think you should move forward without any guilt. The DVC renters who are making money won't want to spend each day "walking" a reservation for a person they don't know so you have a better shot if you are willing to do the work of walking and checking for your desired reservation. This probably won't be a popular opinion and I don't mean to offend any owner who wants to rent or gift their points to friends/family. I think all owners have that right. I only have a problem with the business of mass connections scooping up all the availability.

I ended up not even needing to do walking for this booking. Got my BLT reservation for 10/14-15 this morning without hassle. It was just unnerving to look each day and see the availability swing around as much as it did! I'll have to keep in mind all of this for the future - I can understand people getting mad at severe cases of walking (like starting october just to get a Christmas vacation) but I'd hope it wouldn't be as much of an offense if I'm just looking to get a Wednesday/Thursday in October...

I ended up not even needing to do walking for this booking. Got my BLT reservation for 10/14-15 this morning without hassle. It was just unnerving to look each day and see the availability swing around as much as it did! I'll have to keep in mind all of this for the future - I can understand people getting mad at severe cases of walking (like starting october just to get a Christmas vacation) but I'd hope it wouldn't be as much of an offense if I'm just looking to get a Wednesday/Thursday in October...
So glad you got what you wanted!! I was hitting on some of those same dates this morning at BLT for my son's honeymoon and was able to get it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter