“You’re My Favorites: Now Go Away!” Feb/Mar 2019 First Family Trip (Update 4/14)

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by TheOneWithTheTriplets, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

That looks so good! I can't believe I didn't get it in February!

That's so funny - I didn't even know that!

Haha, yeah I can imagine that would be complicated!

That is sooo cute!

2. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I love all your photos and it is very rare to see Gaston in Epcot, so that was awesome!

We really like Garden Grill, the characters here are really good meets, spend much time with you!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MomtoLandK

MomtoLandK Earning My Ears

Enjoying your report! Your girls are adorable! I loved the first visits with each of my girls who were each about the same age as your girls when we took them on their first trips. It is so much fun to see their little faces light up when the see the characters!

We haven’t done Garden Grill for lunch or dinner since 2012 or 2013, but your review I making me think we need to again. I really liked it, but we have been doing PPO breakfast there the past couple of trips so that we could get on Soarin right away.

Great that you ran into Gaston in Epcot. We have never met him because my kids haven’t wanted to wait in the long line at MK.

5. evre13

evre13 Hi, I'm new here.

You look like you had the best luck with character meets! I love seeing how happy the girls are -- and even happier you were able to have an adult bev at lunch!

6. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Sounds like it was a successful Garden Grill meal! I feel like the characters get to come around a little more often at this restaurant as opposed to other places.
    I've never really thought about Chip and Dale's relationship before. Too funny that you got a personalized note with a...maybe truthful answer. :rotfl:

Gaston in Future World? That's a lucky find! I didn't know that was a character training spot; I just assumed they had the one near the IG and that was it. Love that girls tried helping him out by calling for Belle.

7. Penny McMouse

Penny McMouse Earning My Ears

Following. I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip turns out!

8. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

Garden Grill is one of my favorite character meals!

Good score on Gaston in training. His lines get so crazy in Magic Kingdom!

9. cinderaimee

cinderaimee Mouseketeer

Garden Grill was one of my favorite meals of our trip too, and I am right there with you on that pot roast - I ate waaay too much of it but it was totally worth it.

So many cute meets at Epcot!

10. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

I love how they pick things like this as the most memorable thing. It is always something that you could never plan. I love her face in this pic!

I love this, and I don't care if it is true or not...

I was thinking this... Was one mad that they didn't get a picture?

Love it!

And this pic is great as well!!!

You guys really are show stoppers... Even Minnie is impressed.

11. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Great choice for the ears! I also swore I'd never buy ears and I now own 9 pairs, but 5 of those are ones I had made before my trip :littleangel::rotfl2:

12. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

Just found your TR and joining in! We are headed to the World Memorial Day weekend and your boardwalk ice cream has made it to the top of my list of things to get! DH and I are staying at the BC and I love being able to walk over to the BW!

Your first full day sounds like it was a great success. The girls look like they are through the moon with all the Disney magic. I was scared of Pirates as a kid so I completely get their apprehension. Isnt the International Gateway at Epcot the best? It is like your own little VIP entrance. You have really got a lot done in Epcot as well! I am very impressed. Too bad about missing Gaston's autograph, but it doesnt seem like the girls are too upset.