Delete Thread

@Raeven Wow! This was an amazingly thorough and well-written account of your experience. I've eaten at quite a few of these places already and I was still hooked to get your take on them! My girlfriend and I care about food as much as anything else at Disney, maybe even MORE than anything else haha. I will definitely be following you and I look forward to your next review.

Aw thank you! I agree food is one of the most important parts for us! We're planning to branch out more to other places in Orlando/other areas on our next few trips, but should still get quite a few Universal places in (and some Disney places), but I want to keep writing food reviews about them.

In December we are eating at Skipper, Flying Fish, Brown Derby, Boathouse, Tiffins, and Raglan Road. I'm thinking about switching out Brown Derby because we have already eaten there.

Tiffins and the Brown Derby are the only ones from that list I've actually eaten at, so I'm not sure how much help my opinion will be. I actually really like the Cobb salad at the Brown Derby so that's one I probably wouldn't switch out.

We are staying at BWV so we could easily do something at Epcot or even Swan and Dolphin that night.

But if you're going to switch it out for something I'd highly recommend Shula's over at the Dolphin. I've also heard Il Mulino is good, but we've never eaten there.

We also need a breakfast option for our last day. I have an ADR at Trails End but I think that will be too much of a pain to travel there from Boardwalk and get back in time for magical express.

Yeah, I do think that's way too far. I'm not a big fan of any of the breakfast options on the Boardwalk though. Ale & Compass might be a good for a quick breakfast, but we didn't really love the food.

Lastly, it will be our first time at Universal and we have could only eat at one place what would you recommend?

On Citywalk I'd say Cowfish or Toothsome for lunch, Vivo for dinner, in the parks Mythos, in the hotels The Kitchen at the Hard Rock.

I really wanted to switch Brown Derby over to Shula's after reading your review. I had never heard anything about it before. But I need more of a lunch/early dinner and I found out they only do dinner :(

I really wanted the Trattoria character breakfast because I try to do a character breakfast last day every trip but I have not had any success.

I fell way behind but caught up for the end. Thanks for an amazing dining report and introducing me to the Universal dark side options :P

BTW we tried to go to Shula's on our trip last month and it was shut down for renovations. I was so disappointed. I had my birthday coupon you let me know about and everything. We walked by one night and it looked like they were taking just about everything out. Curious to see what they are doing.

I really wanted to switch Brown Derby over to Shula's after reading your review. I had never heard anything about it before. But I need more of a lunch/early dinner and I found out they only do dinner :(

Aw, yeah they're only open for dinner.

I really wanted the Trattoria character breakfast because I try to do a character breakfast last day every trip but I have not had any success.

Hm if not does the Cape May Cafe one appeal to you? We've never done either, but that's the only other character one in the area.

I fell way behind but caught up for the end. Thanks for an amazing dining report and introducing me to the Universal dark side options :P

Thanks for following along!

BTW we tried to go to Shula's on our trip last month and it was shut down for renovations. I was so disappointed. I had my birthday coupon you let me know about and everything. We walked by one night and it looked like they were taking just about everything out. Curious to see what they are doing.

Aw oh no I'd be so upset if that happened! I did just google it in a panic to make sure it didn't close :rotfl: I didn't notice anything when we were there last week, but we also didn't have plans to eat there so I don't think we were really close to it. It looks like it was closed through Sep 7th for some renovations. Ugh, I hope you get to try again next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!