•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Yes, absolutely, post any of my stuff wherever you want. I may have pictures you want too if you're looking for anything in particular. We are staying through the 15th, but our last three nights will be in a cabin! I get to call and book that next week.

Thanks so much! I truly appreciate it! Sounds like a great trip ahead! Can’t wait to hear all about it! Picture wise, if you have any room views you want to share, that would be great! Thanks so much!

What a great thread!

We have a cabin rented December 1-3. It is hard to wait for check in!
Hi Bobbi. We did it! We added on at CC. Can't wait to stay there especially in the cabins. I have some questions for you regarding the cabins, please post a review when you get back and..... 1) I'm wondering about the walk between the furthest cabin and the main building. If it is a hike (like I've read), does the resort offer anything for that? do people rent/bring bikes and use them? Segways? 2) I read that the cabins are close together but there is a good amount of landscaping between them? 3) any noise issues with the sanitary system (like the Poly Bungalows)? 4) are the furthest east cabins (closest to Fort Wilderness) quiet and reclusive.

See you late December!

Hi! Just a quick question on CCV. How many rooms did they "remove" from WL to make CCV? I was just wondering as to how many rooms
the "actual" WL "hotel" part has now. Also, how many CCV villas are there total?

DeerH

Hi Bobbi. We did it! We added on at CC. Can't wait to stay there especially in the cabins. I have some questions for you regarding the cabins, please post a review when you get back and..... 1) I'm wondering about the walk between the furthest cabin and the main building. If it is a hike (like I've read), does the resort offer anything for that? do people rent/bring bikes and use them? Segways? 2) I read that the cabins are close together but there is a good amount of landscaping between them? 3) any noise issues with the sanitary system (like the Poly Bungalows)? 4) are the furthest east cabins (closest to Fort Wilderness) quiet and reclusive.

See you late December!

:welcome:and CONGRATS to you!!!! :dogdance: Let me know if you’d like to be added to Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Hi Everyone, I love the thread and love the first page, very informative. We just added on at CCV and can't wait to stay there. We're members since 1997 at the Boardwalk. We wanted to come up in November but no availability in a 1 BR or 2 BR. Maybe they'll release more units soon and we can sneak in a trip.

Thanks and yes. Please add us to the 1st page

Awesome!! Thank you for the kind words!! What month did you buy and what’s your use year? It’s great to have you on our board and as a new neighbor!!!!!!!!! :flower3:

Awesome!! Thank you for the kind words!! What month did you buy and what’s your use year? It’s great to have you on our board and as a new neighbor!!!!!!!!! :flower3:
We bought last month and have a December use year

We just made our first Copper Creek Reservation! We'll be in a dedicated 2 bedroom from September 6-12, 2018. (I had a typo in my original post, which showed us arriving on the 8th) On October 12 I get to book the remainder of our stay...

Yay! Your stay sounds so nice with the 2BR and cabin. Two more days and we can book, too. I think we are going for a studio with a tub, so I guess we have to be prompt. Like I needed an excuse!

See you late December!
We were there in July, and we walked the entire pathway from the farthest out cabins (8001 on the north side, 8026 on the south). There is abundant landscaping along the entire way, and I can tell you that the farthest out cabin is 8026--that is located on the side nearest FW, btw. Yes, those cabins are what I would call reclusive, roughly 8020 through 8026. From 8026, the hike back to the main Lodge is easily 300 yards or more. 8001 on the other side isn't quite so far, but it's still quite a haul. To my knowledge, there are currently no golf carts or Segways available. You can rent bikes at WL, however, so that might be an option. The cabins actually have some space between them, but the landscaping and vegetation is still in its early stages of growth, so you can definitely see your neighbors. I'm unsure of the sanitation system noise, but I would guess that boat horns could be an issue for some, especially if you get one of the cabins on the north side (closest to MK) since those along the waterway between WL and MK. I will say that although the walk from the farthest out cabins on either side is lengthy, given the relativity to how much one walks at Disney anyway, that it wouldn't be an issue for us.
Hi! Just a quick question on CCV. How many rooms did they "remove" from WL to make CCV? I was just wondering as to how many rooms
the "actual" WL "hotel" part has now. Also, how many CCV villas are there total?

DeerH
Unsure on how many rooms are left to the main Lodge, but you can get a good count on the DVC rooms by checking the diagrams on page one supplied by grandcalifornian.

DeerH

Hard to be specific - but the original number of WL straight Hotel Rooms were reduced by about 50% for CCV. Now, as with BRV.... there are very likely going to be a LOT of Disney Rentals available: they are just going to be priced higher.

Your question is VERY GOOD for a whole different reason: WL was in a perpetual discount cycle :(. Reducing the number of Main Hotel Rooms via DVC Conversion was one of the main drivers of the CCV project.

We were there in July, and we walked the entire pathway from the farthest out cabins (8001 on the north side, 8026 on the south). There is abundant landscaping along the entire way, and I can tell you that the farthest out cabin is 8026--that is located on the side nearest FW, btw. Yes, those cabins are what I would call reclusive, roughly 8020 through 8026. From 8026, the hike back to the main Lodge is easily 300 yards or more. 8001 on the other side isn't quite so far, but it's still quite a haul. To my knowledge, there are currently no golf carts or Segways available. You can rent bikes at WL, however, so that might be an option. The cabins actually have some space between them, but the landscaping and vegetation is still in its early stages of growth, so you can definitely see your neighbors. I'm unsure of the sanitation system noise, but I would guess that boat horns could be an issue for some, especially if you get one of the cabins on the north side (closest to MK) since those along the waterway between WL and MK. I will say that although the walk from the farthest out cabins on either side is lengthy, given the relativity to how much one walks at Disney anyway, that it wouldn't be an issue for us.

Unsure on how many rooms are left to the main Lodge, but you can get a good count on the DVC rooms by checking the diagrams on page one supplied by grandcalifornian.
Great info, thanks!

Great info, thanks!
I should add that if you're on the north side in a cabin, there is a walkway off the main path to the north wing of the main Lodge right around cabin 8006--and a BBQ grill area sits there, as well. You'd still have to work your way through that wing to get to the lobby, but at least it would be air-conditioned. I don't know if a similar entrance exists on the south end, but I assume it does somewhere near the famous dumpster view area of the old VWL building. In addition to the path to the cabins, there is a parallel walkway next to the VWL wing (it's huge and is how service vehicles get to Geyser Point and the pump house for the new pool). There are a couple of places to cross over to it from the cabin path, but again, I'm not sure there is an entrance to the VWL building other than the one next to Sturdy Branches. It's all very beautiful, but it will require a lengthy walk unless you're in one of the closer cabins.

I should add that if you're on the north side in a cabin, there is a walkway off the main path to the north wing of the main Lodge right around cabin 8006--and a BBQ grill area sits there, as well. You'd still have to work your way through that wing to get to the lobby, but at least it would be air-conditioned. I don't know if a similar entrance exists on the south end, but I assume it does somewhere near the famous dumpster view area of the old VWL building. In addition to the path to the cabins, there is a parallel walkway next to the VWL wing (it's huge and is how service vehicles get to Geyser Point and the pump house for the new pool). There are a couple of places to cross over to it from the cabin path, but again, I'm not sure there is an entrance to the VWL building other than the one next to Sturdy Branches. It's all very beautiful, but it will require a lengthy walk unless you're in one of the closer cabins.
thank you!

Now that the cabins are in.... and are a fair distance from any WL authorized smoking location (DSL)?

What would everyone who smokes, or does not, like to see happen in this area? I personally believe that there is a safety issue. Would hate to see a brush fire at the Cabin edges :(.

Now that the cabins are in.... and are a fair distance from any WL authorized smoking location (DSL)?

What would everyone who smokes, or does not, like to see happen in this area? I personally believe that there is a safety issue. Would hate to see a brush fire at the Cabin edges :(.
Agree, no brush fires. Where is the closest DSA for the cabins?

Hello everyone! I bought into CCV back when it first went on sale I think in March? I have a June use year and my first trip there will be May 6-12, 2018. We are staying before a cruise on the Fantasy. I'm so excited to stay there!! I also own at VGC and AKL so I think that CCV stays with the theming I seem to enjoy :)

Cabins 8001 through 8012 are on the North side of the resort, between the otter pond and the waterway to MK. 8001 is the closest to MK, while 8012 is the closest to the transportation boat dock.
Cabins 8013 through 8026 are on the South side, and face out onto the body of Bay lake between the Boulder Ridge Villas building and the lake. 8013 is nearest to Geyser Point and 8026 is the closest to Fort Wilderness.

There is an otter pond?! I've never actually stayed at WL before but will be staying at CCV next May and my little brother would go crazy if there are otters there.

Question - if you are in a cabin that is toward the Fort Wilderness end, how do you get to the cabin after check in at the main lobby with all your bags?

Hello everyone! I bought into CCV back when it first went on sale I think in March? I have a June use year and my first trip there will be May 6-12, 2018. We are staying before a cruise on the Fantasy. I'm so excited to stay there!! I also own at VGC and AKL so I think that CCV stays with the theming I seem to enjoy :)

:welcome:and Congrats!! Definitely a great addition to your line up!! Sounds like a good plan for your March trip! Hope you enjoy it!! I’ll get you up on the first page! Welcome, neighbor!!

*WELCOME HOME!!*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!