•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We have one day left from our first stay at CCV (or WL). We usually stay at YC or GF. Honestly I think the villa’s and grounds at WL are very pretty but the housekeeping is horrible! The public bathrooms have all been very disgusting and we’ve complained and they haven’t gotten better I don’t see us staying here ever again. Hopefully we can get villas elsewhere with our points.

We have one day left from our first stay at CCV (or WL). We usually stay at YC or GF. Honestly I think the villa’s and grounds at WL are very pretty but the housekeeping is horrible! The public bathrooms have all been very disgusting and we’ve complained and they haven’t gotten better I don’t see us staying here ever again. Hopefully we can get villas elsewhere with our points.

I am surprised as when we have stayed at CCV or BRV the public bathrooms are clean and well maintained. I would write to the manager. There should have been a letter with the email address for the manager in your room. If you don't have that address write to the dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com.

I am surprised as when we have stayed at CCV or BRV the public bathrooms are clean and well maintained. I would write to the manager. There should have been a letter with the email address for the manager in your room. If you don't have that address write to the dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com.
Thanks! I spoke to 3 managers they didn’t seem to care! Once my son went into the single stall bathroom by salon by the springs and there was literally poop all over the floor!!! The soaps and paper towels in all the bathrooms have been empty numerous times! Urine on the floor in the bathroom by whispering creek and the sink was clogged and full of toilet paper by roaring forks all on multiple days to the point my boys aren’t allowed to use the public bathrooms here they go back to the Villa

I don't know if you spoke to the General Manager but he will care if you write to DVC Member Satisfaction. Just because guests are slovenly doesn't mean that the employees should not clean it up. And if they were short of lavatory cleaners then they should have gotten another employee to clean it. Or even locked the door and closed it to the public. I doubt Disney will appreciate that the bathrooms were left like that.

The short line convenience of that back door to Epcot may be short lived as the Skyliner comes on line, only time will tell how it affects the crowd levels at International Gateway.

Oh, I agree! While we were weighing the pros and cons of the different resorts, BCV was a strong contender due to our history of staying at the Yacht Club over the years strictly due to location. In the end, the uncertainty of what that entrance would be like in the future definitely diminished the "pluses" of BCV for us. Then considering it's 2042 end date, we decided it was time to move on for our home resort. We put our 21 year old son on the deed, and our hope is that he can continue to use the membership long after my husband and I are unable to, so CCV's long contract is exactly what we were wanting.

Thanks! I spoke to 3 managers they didn’t seem to care! Once my son went into the single stall bathroom by salon by the springs and there was literally poop all over the floor!!! The soaps and paper towels in all the bathrooms have been empty numerous times! Urine on the floor in the bathroom by whispering creek and the sink was clogged and full of toilet paper by roaring forks all on multiple days to the point my boys aren’t allowed to use the public bathrooms here they go back to the Villa

I've seen the bathrooms by Whisperin Canyon in fairly untidy state but really just paper all over. I really don't know what it is about that bathroom that it gets that treatment. I've also been in there when someone was losing the dinner they had just eaten so it's tainted my view of that restroom a bit. :rolleyes: Last time I was in there though it was fine. Other than that I've never had any complaints about the public restrooms at WL. Sometimes it's just the timing after uncaring guests have been in there. What you've described is how I'd describe every Fantasyland bathroom I've been in. :laughing:

Very sorry to hear you had all those similar experiences and that it so tainted your stay at CCV. That's no fun at all.

I’m also shocked by this. I was so impressed by the bathrooms in November. Just so odd that it was multiple bathrooms all in one trip.

Stalking the rooms paid off today. I was able to score a studio at CC for June 15th. I had a one bedroom originally booked but I’m only going with my wife and oldest daughter. We don’t plan on being in the room too much, so we don’t need the extra space.

So it is possible to get a studio within 45 days. You just have to check 3 times a day.

I am currently looking at purchasing a resale contract at CC or BR/VWL. I have seen plenty of threads and comments on studio availability at CC but what about 1 bedrooms? TIA!

I am currently looking at purchasing a resale contract at CC or BR/VWL. I have seen plenty of threads and comments on studio availability at CC but what about 1 bedrooms? TIA!
1 bedroom availability seems to be pretty good, and 2 bedroom maybe even better. Currently, all of March is still available for 1 bedrooms, despite the 11 month window being into mid April. Once you get into the 7 month window availability of everything is pretty limited, but you'll avoid that by buying at WL. Peak times around Christmas are in the highest demand, but you can likely still do pretty well at the 11 month mark.
1 bedrooms are nice in that they don't have their availability subdivided by the different shower options like the studios and 2 bedroom lockoffs do. Having more bookable categories means you get to specify exactly what you'll get, but also means that you are picking from two smaller pools of rooms instead of one big one, making availability for longer continuous stays more limited.
Deciding between BRV and CC may be tough, and it may just depend on where you can get the better deal for you. Being in the main building was big for us, and we like the new room decor. Each has its perks though, and it is nice that they are all under one roof at WL. Good luck with your purchase!

Deciding between BRV and CC may be tough, and it may just depend on where you can get the better deal for you. Being in the main building was big for us, and we like the new room decor. Each has its perks though, and it is nice that they are all under one roof at WL. Good luck with your purchase!
Thanks for the information and Yes, I am having such a hard time choosing since I really like both. Maybe 2 smaller contracts (1 at each property) if the price is right? :-)

Thanks for the information and Yes, I am having such a hard time choosing since I really like both. Maybe 2 smaller contracts (1 at each property) if the price is right? :-)
Maybe, but this approach wouldn't work for us since we tend to do fewer stays but stay longer. If your points are divided between resorts, you can't book a long enough stay at either. Like many problems though, this can easily be solved by buying more points...all it takes is $$$.
One factor for you to consider is looking at December availability (which is a peak time and right now at the 7 month mark) there is much more 1 bedroom availability at around 7 months at BRV. This will likely calm down over time, but does reinforce the idea that in the immediate future if you want to get in at CC in peak times you will be much better off with some CC points.

Hi, looking for some help here from some CCV owners :)

My wife and I are looking at buying a 125 point contract direct at CCV with the intent to stay in a 1BR every other year for 7-9 nights. We are targeting a February use year with our trips predominantly happening in May, Sept, Oct. We'd purchase before the end of May before the point cost increase at CCV. We've been contemplating it the past couple years, and are curious about booking availability.

Are 1 BR's fairly easy to book 11 months out? How is the studio situation if we ended up wanting to do a studio sometimes? Our agent told us that CCV is a good one to have as our home resort since there is limited availability and having 11 month booking window there would be best, plus the fact that if we resold, whomever bought our contract would be able to stay at the original 14 resorts, so the value would maintain well in the resale market if we ever needed to do that.

Thoughts? Anything you wish you'd known?

Thanks so much for any responses. You all seem like an awesome group of people.

Last edited:
I just purchased 125 points last month. It appears as though as long as you book a studio at 11 months, you’ll be fine.

As far as 1 bedrooms go, February is mostly available, March is 100% available, April so far is 100% available.

My wife and I are looking at buying a 125 point contract direct at CCV with the intent to stay in a 1BR every other year for 7-9 nights. We are targeting a February use year with our trips predominantly happening in May, Sept, Oct. We'd purchase before the end of May before the point cost increase at CCV. We've been contemplating it the past couple years, and are curious about booking availability.

Are 1 BR's fairly easy to book 11 months out? How is the studio situation if we ended up wanting to do a studio sometimes? Our agent told us that CCV is a good one to have as our home resort since there is limited availability and having 11 month booking window there would be best, plus the fact that if we resold, whomever bought our contract would be able to stay at the original 14 resorts, so the value would maintain well in the resale market if we ever needed to do that.

Is CCV where you want to have the home resort advantage though? It's proving to be difficult for studios even at 11 months and during the busiest of times the 1BR's also go very quickly at 11 months. May and September should probably be fine but October may be hit or miss and it can be difficult to get into other resorts at 7 months then. You definitely wouldn't want to miss the 11 month booking window opening for any October stays. DVC does sell points at any and all resorts if there's some other location you'd prefer. If CCV is where you want to stay then owning there is probably the good idea to be certain you can stay there.

If you're trips would be May, Sept and October then I'd recommend an April UY. February isn't the most ideal.

Is CCV where you want to have the home resort advantage though? It's proving to be difficult for studios even at 11 months and during the busiest of times the 1BR's also go very quickly at 11 months. May and September should probably be fine but October may be hit or miss and it can be difficult to get into other resorts at 7 months then. You definitely wouldn't want to miss the 11 month booking window opening for any October stays. DVC does sell points at any and all resorts if there's some other location you'd prefer. If CCV is where you want to stay then owning there is probably the good idea to be certain you can stay there.

If you're trips would be May, Sept and October then I'd recommend an April UY. February isn't the most ideal.

We love what we've seen of CCV. Wilderness Lodge is such a wonderful resort, and we really like that the CCVs are inside the main hotel. The only other resort we considered owning was Polynesian, but we disliked that there are no 1 BR options with full kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub. We didn't want to own at a studio only, since we'd never be able to afford the bungalows. So yes, CCV is definitely our preference for ownership.

I'd heard that studios are difficult. That's why we wanted to make sure we had enough points to do a 1 BR every other year.

That's great advice about April for the use year. We'd then have until the end of November to bank, correct?

We bought 150 points direct at Copper Creek in September 2017 and are happy with it.

In general you can do well booking at 11 months out, but there have been times where studios filled up right at the 11 month mark. The highest demand time is in December, and for December 2019 everything is filled up before the 7 month mark, even 1 bedrooms. That means it would be impossible to stay there without the home resort booking advantage. So, while you might not have to book at 11 months you do need to do it before 7 months out.

We agree that Copper Creek should have a resale advantage over Riviera with the rules changes.

We haven’t been surprised by much, other than the fact that you can’t always get a studio at 11 months, but it hasn’t affected us. We expect that things will calm down a bit once Copper Creek isn’t the new resort anymore.

We also have been surprised at how quickly member events fill up and sell out, but that’s just part of it. We still get benefits from buying direct with merchandise and AP discounts, and access to the member lounges. We love getting to own at our very favorite resort.

We own all our points at OKW; we were able to book a CC 1 BR in late January for late May—at 4 months out.

I feel this is most likely a stupid question as I think I know the answer but have been reading about , evaluating and reevaluating options that my mind is little muddled now.
If buy direct at CCV, will be able to book into original 14 and future resorts at 7 months. If resale ,buyer will be able to book original but not future resorts at 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter