•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We are staying for the first time at CCV this summer - I am so excited! I know this is a random question, but can someone tell me if the showers in the studios have the retractable clothesline? Also, are dish soap and paper towels provided in the kitchenette?

We are staying for the first time at CCV this summer - I am so excited! I know this is a random question, but can someone tell me if the showers in the studios have the retractable clothesline? Also, are dish soap and paper towels provided in the kitchenette?
I don’t recall seeing in in the WalkIn Shower rooms as there is the glass doors so I wouldn’t think it was there, same for the tub rooms. However there is the dish soap and paper towels provided.

I feel this is most likely a stupid question as I think I know the answer but have been reading about , evaluating and reevaluating options that my mind is little muddled now.
If buy direct at CCV, will be able to book into original 14 and future resorts at 7 months. If resale ,buyer will be able to book original but not future resorts at 7 months.

As of now, if you buy direct, yes you can! Resale, you cannot stay at Riviera and Reflections, but you can book original 14.

Hello!!
Hope you are all well?

We have booked our first stay at CCV for March 25th-April 9th 2020!! We are so excited!! We would of loved to have come this year but what with our daughter starting school in September and us doing our house up, the year is quickly running away with us.
My husband has never been to Flower and Garden and I’m sure our daughter will love to see some of the Easter preparations. I’m guessing it will be quite busy at that time of year? We survived Thanksgiving last year for our honeymoon, so we are mentally prepared for the crowds and wait times.
Also we got our blue cards through today so I really do feel like an owner now!!☺️

We have booked our first stay at CCV for March 25th-April 9th 2020!! We are so excited!! We would of loved to have come this year but what with our daughter starting school in September and us doing our house up, the year is quickly running away with us.
My husband has never been to Flower and Garden and I’m sure our daughter will love to see some of the Easter preparations. I’m guessing it will be quite busy at that time of year? We survived Thanksgiving last year for our honeymoon, so we are mentally prepared for the crowds and wait times.
Also we got our blue cards through today so I really do feel like an owner now!!☺️

Care to share any tips about Thanksgiving?

Sad news today, RRB’s wife, Cathy called to say that RRB has passed.

Randy loved to cruise, and loved his DVC. We traded pins and once he stayed at a Poly bungalow and he invited us in to see it, wow!

Cathy looks forward to future visits to WDW with grandchildren.

Sincerely,
Bobbi

Prayers for his family and friends! I’m sure he will watch from up above enjoying along with them!

So freak accident yesterday at my daughters track meet. Officials didn’t cancel soon enough and we didn’t have enough time to safely evacuate. I was struck from behind by a flying canopy and now I have a fractured radius ( no surgery per initial doctor but I’m going to follow-up with an ortho). While I consider myself lucky since two others were taken away by ambulance and I just had my son drive me - asking for prayers for the other two and good vibes that this heals in 32 days!!!!

The better news is we are DVC so even if I’m limited there will always be next time (and I’m milking this for a free pass out of RRRC no matter what)!

So freak accident yesterday at my daughters track meet. Officials didn’t cancel soon enough and we didn’t have enough time to safely evacuate. I was struck from behind by a flying canopy and now I have a fractured radius ( no surgery per initial doctor but I’m going to follow-up with an ortho). While I consider myself lucky since two others were taken away by ambulance and I just had my son drive me - asking for prayers for the other two and good vibes that this heals in 32 days!!!!

The better news is we are DVC so even if I’m limited there will always be next time (and I’m milking this for a free pass out of RRRC no matter what)!

I’m so sorry you had to go through this. I hope you’re better in time for your trip and I hope the others are ok!! :flower3:

Just bought into CCV last week! We went and just walked around the WL resort the next day we were so excited.

:welcome: and Congrats! So happy for you! Isn’t it beautiful?! Did you book your welcome home visit yet? What is your Use Year? I’ll get you up on Page 1 along with the other Owners!! Congrats again and

*WELCOME HOME!*

Hello!!
Hope you are all well?

That’s wonderful!! It’s so nice when you have everything booked so you have something to look forward to! I’ll be sure to get your dates up on Page 1!!

Care to share any tips about Thanksgiving?

We go Thanksgiving week and the week after - have been since 2004! The week of Thanksgiving, of course, is very crowded (especially when compared to the week after!) I do love being there for a holiday though!!! EVERYTHING is Christmas at that time!!! The sights and sounds, the food - and I Love it!!! I’d recommend Cape May Cafe for Thanksgiving dinner, they do a nice job! Have fun!!

We are looking to purchase at CCV but I've been reading horror stories about booking availability at CCV. Booking at the 11 month window is availability really that bad between fall and winter months? Say Oct. To Feb. We are flexible on dates between those months but like to stay for 8-10 nights

We are looking to purchase at CCV but I've been reading horror stories about booking availability at CCV. Booking at the 11 month window is availability really that bad between fall and winter months? Say Oct. To Feb. We are flexible on dates between those months but like to stay for 8-10 nights

I will start off by saying that I don’t want to seem too gloom-and-doomy (we love our DVC in general, really! and CCV is an awesome place to stay), and I’m sure other folks will chime in about how they had no problems getting a reservation. That said, here is my take on this topic:

Mainly it depends on what room size you’re looking for. My experience has been primarily keeping an eye on studio availability, and all I can say is that it is extremely competitive at 11 months, particularly in the fall through early winter. While one bedrooms aren’t exactly wide open all the time, it’s my understanding that they are much easier to snag.

If you do want a studio at CCV, you may have an “okay” chance of getting what you want at 11 months if you are online the second that window opens. Keep in mind the “fall frenzy” time of year is only getting more popular, so I would bet rooms are only going to get harder to book during these months. I don’t have a lot of experience with reservations longer than a week, but (again) my understanding is that you need to be on the ball (adding days as soon as you can) to be able to get the full timeframe you need.

Basically it comes down to what you’re willing to do to try for your ideal reservation, and then adjust if you can’t initially get what you want... get up early at 11 months initially, possibly deal with waitlisting and stalking, etc. While I love a good chase (got BWV standard for this fall), I can’t imagine having to deal with all that just to book any studio at my own home resort. That’s the part that bothers me personally the most, because at least with things like BWV you have the option of a pricier category of studio as a backup.

In short, Disney has really made a mess of CCV, which is a great resort and could have been a lot better without the cabin points mucking up the system (among other balance issues).

We have owned at CCV since 2017 and would echo much of what @Sanwich said above. We stay for 9 nights and have had no problem booking for September trips. This year we also booked a February trip at 11 months with no problem. Room type is definitely key. While we have seen that studios were still available in both shower configurations when we booked for September, we have seen them fill up for winter dates at the 11 month mark. We tend to book 2 bedrooms and have had no problem at all, and in general the 1 bedrooms seem to have nice availability, in part because they are not sub-divided between different shower/tub types like the studios and lockoffs are. In general though, as long as you avoid the peak week between Christmas and New years and a few holiday weekends, there is some studio availability at 11 months. For example, 11 months from today is April 21, 2020 and both studio types are available for booking from April 19th onward, but both types are sold out for April 18th. Some of this is the spring break rush, but it isn't the wide open availability you'd hope for.

Availability was our biggest concern prior to buying, and while it has been worse than they made it sound (especially for studios) we have avoided any issues by going with larger room types and being sure to book right at 11 months. Good luck with your decision. Copper Creek is a wonderful resort, as lots of people agree.

@Sanwich and @GrandCalifornian thank you for the input. Studios and 1 Bedrooms is what we are looking at. We've always stayed at the value resorts but decided to step up our resort game and get into the DVC. This availability issue was something I missed in my research. Why does Disney make things so difficult lol

I am so happy, today we become proud owners of a nice 100pt contract at CCV!! Our UY is June. It was sent to Disney on 5/3 and today found out Disney waived their ROFR. We now have two homes, BLT and CCV. My family fell in love with CCV during our trip there last April (which we are able to get at 7 month is out, in a studio, so it is possible). DH insisted that if we added on it had to be here and it is. One of these years my goal is to be there for Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter