•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Thats a great idea! We have done split stays. Last year we stayed 14 nights over those nights we stayed at French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, and Coronado springs. So that is a great idea!

You also can buy 24 additional points (if you wanted to for $19 a point) I added that to my edited response...some new owners aren't aware of this...but you can do this 1 time per use year as long as you are at 7 months or within 7 months of booking. In your case...if you wanted to try a different resort, that might cost a few more points...this would be how I would do it...it could give you more flexibility and open up every resorts standard studios to you.

You also can buy 24 additional points (if you wanted to for $19 a point) I added that to my edited response...some new owners aren't aware of this...but you can do this 1 time per use year as long as you are at 7 months or within 7 months of booking. In your case...if you wanted to try a different resort, that might cost a few more points...this would be how I would do it...it could give you more flexibility and open up every resorts standard studios to you.
Hmm Oh really? 24? How do we do this? We are inside 7 months!

Just call DVC member services! Tell them you would like to purchase the one time use points! You can buy as many as you need, up to 24.
Wow. Hmm that is awesome! I originally thought it was only 10 points 24 is pretty nice!

Hmm Oh really? 24? How do we do this? We are inside 7 months!

You have to call member services...but just for sh*ts and giggles...in my hypothetical 2/2/2/ stay...you could keep AKL Standard Views...swap out OKW HH for Polynesian Standard or BLT Theme Park View (using the 1 time use year points) and then book SSR Standard to close out your trip. ( you'd need to buy I think 14 total One time use year points to make that scenario work).

Correct...in my hypothetical...all those options are currently available to be booked.
Wow we might do that! Going to have to ask the wife first. She wasn't too thrilled moving 3 times last year so if we did you scenario it would be 4 different hotels. Maybe if we could for those 6 nights get it down to 2. Like 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 she might be more likely to do that. DVC is just so fun. Being able to stay at so many new places is just awesome. We used to stay at values and moderates with Passholder Sun and Fun offers but this is just a whole new ballgame!

Hi and hope you are all well?
Welcome all the new CCV owners!!

Feels like it’s been a L O N G time since I posted on here.
It’s 62 days until we arrive at the Lodge!!! :banana:
FastPass+ opens on Saturday and I’m getting myself prepped and ready!

Would you lovely lot recommend we get our room “request“ in soon?
We are in a studio with a bath/tub so I know it’s very unlikely we’ll get an alternative studio and more likely to be first floor. But is it worth a punt to ask for a “high floor”?

I keep seeing loads of Instagram tours of the Lodge and I just can’t wait to be there now, sipping a drink and looking out on the lake. 🍹
Just an FYI FastPasses changed at HS. Tier 1 is SDD and MF:SR. Everything else is Tier 2. This all starts on 2/19. So don’t forget that MF:SR to try for if you want it. Shame I leave for home 2/18 so I miss being able to get a FastPass for MF:SR by one day.

Also as echoed by other definitely put in a high floor request. I did for my upcoming trip. Fingers crossed it works out for me.

Wow we might do that! Going to have to ask the wife first. She wasn't too thrilled moving 3 times last year so if we did you scenario it would be 4 different hotels. Maybe if we could for those 6 nights get it down to 2. Like 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 she might be more likely to do that. DVC is just so fun. Being able to stay at so many new places is just awesome. We used to stay at values and moderates with Passholder Sun and Fun offers but this is just a whole new ballgame!

I LOVE split stays, but I’d suggest trying to do two long resort stays, which would be more ideal... 3 at most (if you want/have to). The worst part about a split stay it’s just waiting around for your next resort room to open! It’s not terrible, but you’re essentially wasting your day waiting for your room. We do two long weeks every summer, and always add a day or two at the beginning of our trip somewhere else (because we can’t wait to get down there!!!) We try to just bring a small bag for those extra days. ...and every single trip we complain we hate moving twice! But every year we do it again! 😂

Just an FYI FastPasses changed at HS. Tier 1 is SDD and MF:SR. Everything else is Tier 2. This all starts on 2/19. So don’t forget that MF:SR to try for if you want it. Shame I leave for home 2/18 so I miss being able to get a FastPass for MF:SR by one day.

Also as echoed by other definitely put in a high floor request. I did for my upcoming trip. Fingers crossed it works out for me.

I just saw that on the facebook group!! This is Glorious!!!

So Say I put in some waitlist for a room. I get it, it cancels my old reservation. Does this Affect Fastpasses at all? Because the old Reservation is going to drop off MDE and the new one wont be added till I Manually add the new one?

Nope! As long as it’s for the same dates, you should not have any issue!
So will it re-add my new reservation to MDE or will it automatically do that? I find it odd when you book throught DVC that you have to manually add the Resort Reservation on MDE. At least thats what I had to do.

So will it re-add my new reservation to MDE or will it automatically do that? I find it odd when you book throught DVC that you have to manually add the Resort Reservation on MDE. At least thats what I had to do.

Yes, for whatever reason you have to manually add it on your MDE when you make a DVC reservation. It is annoying, but I like doing it 😆

I LOVE split stays, but I’d suggest trying to do two long resort stays, which would be more ideal... 3 at most (if you want/have to). The worst part about a split stay it’s just waiting around for your next resort room to open! It’s not terrible, but you’re essentially wasting your day waiting for your room. We do two long weeks every summer, and always add a day or two at the beginning of our trip somewhere else (because we can’t wait to get down there!!!) We try to just bring a small bag for those extra days. And every single trip we complain we hate moving twice! But every year we do it again! 😂

This is sound advice...ok back to my hypothetical drawing board...with the 24 OTU points...you'd have 120 to play with...4 nights at SSR Standard...last 2 nights at BLT Theme Park View (your wife might be convinced to do the extra split with a chance to close her trip out with a view of the Magic Kingdom) 64 points for SSR...50 for BLT for 114 points grand total...thus buying only 18 OTU points instead of the full 24...or i'd buy the OTU points and upgrade to an SSR preferred room for all 6 nights for 110 points (buying 14 OTU points)...or 2 nights at AKL Jambo house standard and last 4 nights at SSR Preferred for 106 points buying 10 OTU points...they seem to be the best options I can come up with.

This is sound advice...ok back to my hypothetical drawing board...with the 24 OTU points...you'd have 120 to play with...4 nights at SSR Standard...last 2 nights at BLT Theme Park View (your wife might be convinced to do the extra split with a chance to close her trip out with a view of the Magic Kingdom) 64 points for SSR...50 for BLT for 114 points grand total...thus buying only 18 OTU points instead of the full 24...or i'd buy the OTU points and upgrade to an SSR preferred room for all 6 nights for 110 points (buying 14 OTU points)...or 2 nights at AKL Jambo house standard and last 4 nights at SSR Preferred for 106 points buying 10 OTU points...they seem to be the best options I can come up with.

Ok, good compromise!

wOW Thats a great Idea! We really would like Preferred at SSR so we might do the whole time at 110 points or 4 nights ssr preferred and 2 and jambo house!

So I decided to cancel my February Moonlight Magic stay. Between work, my wife’s work, and kids, it was just too much.

My wife and I will be going to the April 28th MK one instead. As of now we will be staying at AKL, but I’ll be stalking for CC rooms.

I’m at 51 days until my next stay at CC. Can not wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!