•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

there is a fake metal support angle iron above the kitchen cabinets
:earsboy: Bill

Just an FYI Bill, the fake metal support angle above the kitchen Cabinets is a design element.
It is supposed to pay homage to Walt himself . Look close and you will see it is actually a reproduction of a section of Railroad track (Walt had a huge fascination with trains ).
Also, there is a hidden mickey in one of the Kitchen cabinets ........in case anyone wants to try to find it !

I will agree, the design resembles , sort of an Ikea showroom , lol . Lots of different mix matched wood tones. More Scandinavian , than Pacific Northwest imo .
We like the look from the models we have seen . Hopefully we will still like it in a month when we check in !

Last edited:
We see Pacific NW elements everywhere!

View attachment 286290

Yes, a few pictures, a bed runner, maybe the headboards, psuedo train tracks in the kitchen and the pacific northwest backdrop inside the cabinet, lol . Thats about it ! (Btw , also a nice shot of the hidden mickey !) . It does look like as the villas get larger, the more Pacific northwest theming is added. The cabins are beautiful , enjoy your stay !

I still like it, dont get me wrong, but the new rooms are closely following the "bland" room refurb plan , that all the new room refurbs are targeting .
That classic Disney resort room theming is s-l-o-w-l-y going away.

Last edited:

One of our guests has been asked to be honoree at tonight’s Flag retreat in MK! What a special time this is....heading out to swim now!

One of our guests has been asked to be honoree at tonight’s Flag retreat in MK! What a special time this is....heading out to swim now!
How did that happen? Awesome. Take pictures!

#1 TIP: Have your video recording as you pull onto Timberline Drive and as you pull up to the resort check-in area. It will bring a smile to your face. Even more importantly, make sure you have your video going as you walk into the main lobby for the first time--it never fails to amaze me and make me feel at home at the same time. Be sure to catch the looks on the faces of your family! They'll be priceless. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great tips! I never would've thought to record those moments. I'd love to be able to show my daughter her reaction "going home" for the first time when she's older. She's only 10 months old right now and isn't very easily impressed, though. We took her to her first fireworks show a couple of weeks ago, and she had no reaction at all on her face!:snooty: I hope she'll lose her stone face by then and at least look a little happy/amused. Either way, now I definitely want to capture the moments on video :lovestruc

Thanks for the great tips! I never would've thought to record those moments. I'd love to be able to show my daughter her reaction "going home" for the first time when she's older. She's only 10 months old right now and isn't very easily impressed, though. We took her to her first fireworks show a couple of weeks ago, and she had no reaction at all on her face!:snooty: I hope she'll lose her stone face by then and at least look a little happy/amused. Either way, now I definitely want to capture the moments on video :lovestruc
You're most welcome! We have at least a dozen videos of us driving through the Wilderness Lodge arch on Timberline Drive, pulling up to the luggage drop-off area (check in), and walking into the main lobby. In fact, one of our fondest memories can be found on half of those videos when our old GPS system would blurt out, "your destination is on your left"--when in actuality the lobby and registration area is on your right. Just tickled us, and it became a running joke for years. I will add that, unfortunately, we don't have a video of our very first time entering the lobby. Another thing we enjoy doing is sitting in the lobby and watching people enter for the first time--their reactions make us smile. If you're so inclined, you can ask for a Hidden Mickey hint sheet at the front desk which is a fun thing to do during down time. They have a fire pit out near Geyser Point, and in the past with the old fire pit on the beach, they used to do s'mores there followed by a family movie outdoors. Not sure the status of those activities currently (the new Copper Creek units were opening days after we left in July). You can walk or bike over to Fort Wilderness via a paved path--it's about a mile one way. Certainly, just strolling the grounds at the Lodge is enjoyable, especially at night. Riding the boat to/from MK is a real treat, as well. I'm certain you'll love it there.

Just back from a 6 night 4 resort stay! First night was a BRV studio - love being back at WL. Friends met us for the next 2 nights at a cabin.

OMG the cabin. Spectacular. Hot tub was a perfect 104 degrees and smelled enough of chlorine to make me believe it was properly maintained. I requested near BRV pool and received 8015, the third cabin. Perfect location for watching the lake and EWP from a distance. Boat horns were not loud and just added to the atmosphere.

Ate twice at GP, once for dinner and then to go pool side lunch. We just had salads but they were always very good. Wish they would re-open trout pass though, it's an awful spot for a salon and walking to GP in a wet bathing suit while surrounded by diners is awkward, plus GP isn't that close to either pool and certainly can't be considered a "pool bar". Also, not really sure what changed but we hardly even noticed the geyer. It used to be such a focal point but now just seemed lost.

Next was 2 nights at BW with our friends and and a final night at OKW studio. Fortunately, coming home after the room at OKW wasn't too much of a shock. There'd be severe depression going home from a cabin.

The cabin was worth every single point!

Just back from a 6 night 4 resort stay! First night was a BRV studio - love being back at WL. Friends met us for the next 2 nights at a cabin.

OMG the cabin. Spectacular. Hot tub was a perfect 104 degrees and smelled enough of chlorine to make me believe it was properly maintained. I requested near BRV pool and received 8015, the third cabin. Perfect location for watching the lake and EWP from a distance. Boat horns were not loud and just added to the atmosphere.

Ate twice at GP, once for dinner and then to go pool side lunch. We just had salads but they were always very good. Wish they would re-open trout pass though, it's an awful spot for a salon and walking to GP in a wet bathing suit while surrounded by diners is awkward, plus GP isn't that close to either pool and certainly can't be considered a "pool bar". Also, not really sure what changed but we hardly even noticed the geyer. It used to be such a focal point but now just seemed lost.

Next was 2 nights at BW with our friends and and a final night at OKW studio. Fortunately, coming home after the room at OKW wasn't too much of a shock. There'd be severe depression going home from a cabin.

Glad you had a great time!!!!

The CC cabins and Poly Bungalows will spoil you rotten! Glad you enjoyed your stay. Only 25 days until our New Years Eve stay at the Poly Bungalow and 70 days until our 4 night stay in a CC Cabin. Can't wait!

That sounds amazing. Some day I'd like to try a bungalow at NYE or July 4th!

Did you guys see this, about a club level service option at Reunion Station?
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/reuni...vacation-club-members-paid-lounge-experience/

Yes! Back when they announced Riviera a few months ago, a few of us on the news/rumors board posited a few ways they could add exclusivity and value to the resort if it seemed lacking in other qualities (such as location). One of the things I figured was it would be fairly easy to add a paid, club level lounge, open to anyone DVC. But I could see that only being a draw for certain types of travelers, especially those who are empty-nesters or childfree couples and don't book anything other than studios.

My personal tinfoil hat theory now is that they might be trying to do this in multiple resorts as a way to increase revenue as people who stay DVC have already paid for their room and often have APs. So this would encourage a certain segment to upgrade, spending a little more money on property than they might have otherwise. I'm not saying this is a negative, but I could see it (understandably) upsetting some folks.

What amenities are included in a deluxe studio for cash guests?
Such as, paper towels, plates, dish soap etc.

How late are the pools open?

Also, if we are booked through Disney, can we get service to pull out sofa bed in evening and put it up during when they clean room?

My sister was told our cabin is ready and the fireworks music will be piped in!

We are still in NJ, I had doctor visit this morning. My foot is healing as it should!

I called DVC this morning to be sure my sister could check in before we got there, and she is over the moon about being there already and having cabin ready before 1!!!

So glad your foot is healing well. Our cabin was ready early, too, Saturday morning. I was thrilled.

Fireworks view from #8006 are excellent!

Glad you received the area you requested.

What a gorgeous experience. There is subtle Christmas music piped into the screened enclosure.

I loved the piped in Christmas music....just lovely.

Howdy neighbor! We were in 8014 Saturday until yesterday when we flew home. We missed you as neighbors on Monday evening because the new occupants thought it was dandy to play their own music so loudly that we could not enjoy the quiet Christmas music on the porch. :headache: Thankfully, their music was not playing during the EWP so at least we were able to enjoy that.

Love, love the cabins. Since we don't own there, I doubt we will ever be able to stay there again but we thoroughly enjoyed both our cabin stays.

There was a change at GP from our September stay. The QS location (same name?) doesn't open until 8 am now with coffee, etc. available "usually around 7:30.) And now the only place to sit and wait for your food is over on the far side of GP near the salon. Four tables there but no shade. The weather was lovely during our stay but I can't imagine sitting there in August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter