•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

There were so many that said in the beginning that sales were weak. I don’t think they are at all, although I don’t keep tabs on the numbers. This says 2 things to me, 1 being sales at CCV are strong and 2 they are getting ready to wrap up sales here in the next year or so as new DVC comes online for sales.
ETA I wished I lived nearer the west coast. I’d love to own at Aulani but it costs too much for us to get there.

Probably not as significant as price per point increases, but for a new purchaser of 200 pts it’s effectively a $1500 credit loss or $7.50 more a point from the previous incentive program. I assume this consistent with normal “adjustments?”

Well, I'm crossing my fingers for a new declaration soon... so here's to brisk sales! Have a cabin waitlisted for 1/1-2 and sure do hope it comes through :)

Since the start of 2018, Copper Creek sales have averaged over 130,000 points a month. The latest declaration on May 30, 2018, added 252,835 points to the inventory that Disney can sell to the public. So if sales continue at its current rate, Disney should have to make another declaration by the end of July.

Well, I'm crossing my fingers for a new declaration soon... so here's to brisk sales! Have a cabin waitlisted for 1/1-2 and sure do hope it comes through :)

Since the start of 2018, Copper Creek sales have averaged over 130,000 points a month. The latest declaration on May 30, 2018, added 252,835 points to the inventory that Disney can sell to the public. So if sales continue at its current rate, Disney should have to make another declaration by the end of July.

In a couple of weeks I’ll be trying to book at seven months for late January 2019. Hopefully this newest declaration will “last“ long enough for me to do that! If not I’ll wait list and cross my fingers for the next declaration!

Well we always wanted to be DVC members and this past march joined as CCV owners!! its my first post after being a member for many years here, i usually look for advise for my past and many future trips!

:welcome:And Congrats! So exciting! You definitely came to the right place! Everyone here is very friendly! Looking forward to chatting about future trips! I’ll be sure to add you to Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Whooo-hooooo! Got the cabin! So now instead of a boring ole 1 br for the first week of January, we will be living it up in the cabins! Also, in other news, waitlist is worthless. Or, maybe I just check too often, but this is the second time in 6 months I've filled my own waitlist. Sigh... there's got to be another way, huh?

Yay for cabins lol!!!!!!!

Probably not as significant as price per point increases, but for a new purchaser of 200 pts it’s effectively a $1500 credit loss or $7.50 more a point from the previous incentive program. I assume this consistent with normal “adjustments?”

This drop in the developer credits was very severe but not atypical. What was unusual was that DVC even offered such a good credit to begin with. Many years ago DVC regularly offered very high credits or perks, but in the past five years they have been more moderate ones, and requiring a larger number of points to qualify for the credit if it was available. I think basically they moved it to Aulani trying to get sales there to move.

Credits, pricing and perks change when the management changes. What Lewis did was different than what Bilby did and now Potrock is different than Bilby. Plus Potrock has a new boss and who knows what changes that will cause.

:earsboy: Bill

This drop in the developer credits was very severe but not atypical. What was unusual was that DVC even offered such a good credit to begin with. Many years ago DVC regularly offered very high credits or perks, but in the past five years they have been more moderate ones, and requiring a larger number of points to qualify for the credit if it was available. I think basically they moved it to Aulani trying to get sales there to move.
Interesting. Thank you for the historical context.

New CCV owner here (bought in just over a week ago, should have done it YEARS ago!!) and I'm so excited!! My husband and I banked our UY 2017 points for UY 2018 so we were able to book a 1 bedroom villa at CCV for 2019 spring break which is going to be awesome!

I'm also a little nervous: I'm planning on running the Princess Half-Marathon Weekend and I had to waitlist a studio for two of the four nights I want to be at CCV (booked at CCV for the nights of Feb 23-24, waitlisted for the nights of Feb 21-22). What are the odds of my waitlist coming through, do you think? I am obsessively stalking the RAT, as well :-)

Based on other threads on this forum (which I absolutely LOVE, btw) it seemed to me I'd have a better shot at what I want if I had fewer days waitlisted (I booked the nights I could so I'd only have 2 nights waitlisted instead of 4). Also: if my two days do come through, will MS link my two 2-night bookings into a single 4-night booking? Or will I have to change rooms halfway through? Changing rooms isn't a deal-breaker but I'd really like only having to unpack and pack once if at all possible.

Thanks!!

Hey guys! Happened to come across this video of the Reunion Station food offerings on opening day! The space is beautiful! Not sure I’d eat anything they showed though...

https://eattradetravel.com/disneys-reunion-station-at-wilderness-lodge-resort/
I would eat it. . .but not for $100 a day for two adults or $166 for a family of four with two kids 9 and under. That's a lot to spend for oatmeal, fruit, muffins, coffee, salad, soup, bread, wine, beer, cheese, and cupcakes.

I would eat it. . .but not for $100 a day for two adults or $166 for a family of four with two kids 9 and under. That's a lot to spend for oatmeal, fruit, muffins, coffee, salad, soup, bread, wine, beer, cheese, and cupcakes.
The physical building is lovely.
The business concept of "Reunion Station" is a walking disaster.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

New CCV owner here (bought in just over a week ago, should have done it YEARS ago!!) and I'm so excited!! My husband and I banked our UY 2017 points for UY 2018 so we were able to book a 1 bedroom villa at CCV for 2019 spring break which is going to be awesome!

I'm also a little nervous: I'm planning on running the Princess Half-Marathon Weekend and I had to waitlist a studio for two of the four nights I want to be at CCV (booked at CCV for the nights of Feb 23-24, waitlisted for the nights of Feb 21-22). What are the odds of my waitlist coming through, do you think? I am obsessively stalking the RAT, as well :-)

Based on other threads on this forum (which I absolutely LOVE, btw) it seemed to me I'd have a better shot at what I want if I had fewer days waitlisted (I booked the nights I could so I'd only have 2 nights waitlisted instead of 4). Also: if my two days do come through, will MS link my two 2-night bookings into a single 4-night booking? Or will I have to change rooms halfway through? Changing rooms isn't a deal-breaker but I'd really like only having to unpack and pack once if at all possible.

Thanks!!

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy you found us! We haven’t had a waitlist yet, however, I have also read you’d have a better shot at having your waitlist filled with fewer days. You still have a good amount of time, so hopefully it will come though! I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1! Good luck getting your waitlist filled! Looking forward to planning future trips together!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

I had a miracle waitlist come through! I booked our welcome home stay to start during marathon weekend. When we booked we were able to get all our nights in a studio except the first (the Saturday of marathon weekend) which we had to book in a one bed. But our waitlist just went through and now we have a studio for the whole trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!