1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

First things first, welcome aboard!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
How exciting to be planning your first Disney cruise.

Now as for the FE, we did just close our 1st group, but don't fret. You are the first member of the late group.
So, the work begins to get you set to join the FE. To share personal info via Private Messaging, DIS boards require you to have 10 posts to use the inbox function. This is not a huge task. You can just introduce yourself, say hi, ask any questions that you are wonder about, or just count down to 10. I promise it won't take to much time, because you will need that to get packing!!!!

~Tink~
Alright! thank you for the notice.

This trip is actually apart of my niece's Christmas present, we couldn't go during Christmas because my winter break starts on the 21st, and I have to prepare for my Road test.

First things first, welcome aboard!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
How exciting to be planning your first Disney cruise.

Now as for the FE, we did just close our 1st group, but don't fret. You are the first member of the late group.
So, the work begins to get you set to join the FE. To share personal info via Private Messaging, DIS boards require you to have 10 posts to use the inbox function. This is not a huge task. You can just introduce yourself, say hi, ask any questions that you are wonder about, or just count down to 10. I promise it won't take to much time, because you will need that to get packing!!!!

~Tink~
I have a question about the Live Shows, are the seating assigned or is it like the movies where it's first come first serve?

I have a question about the Live Shows, are the seating assigned or is it like the movies where it's first come first serve?
The seating is first come first serve. This really is not a big problem though. The theater is extremely large and can seat more than usually attend at one time. With that said, if you have a preference of where you would like to sit (think of it like a movie theater set up ), you will want to get there about 15 minutes early. Another 2 exceptions to that would be if you want to sit in the mezaneen / box seat up off the sides of the stage you will probably want to be there at least 30 minutes early (there are only two of these areas available per show ), and the night Beauty and the Beast will be showing. I would suggest talking to a cast member once on board to find out how early people start lining up for that show. I am expecting there to be an extra showing of Beauty, being that it is new. I was on the Wonder last year when they premiered Frozen. We had an additional afternoon showing for that.
Personally, we have found that leaving the theater after a show to be more of a problem than finding a seat. After a show, everyone files out and head right to the elevators. If you are trying to use the elevators please be patient. If you are heading to the stairs, keep little ones close because the elevator crowds will spill over to the stairs, and the only way I can describe the traffic flow is by comparing it to rope drop at the Magic Kingdom.
Side note to everyone who may be reading this, please be aware of those of us in wheelchairs or scooters when crowding into or up to the elevators. We can not stop on a dime, so please help by keeping kiddos from jumping in front of the chair when it is moving. Also, I can not speak for other drivers, but when sitting in a stagnant crowd, I will have the power off so that it will not accidently lunge forward or back. As a result, I will not start moving forward immediately, but I will start as soon as the power is back on.
I realize I kind of had a 'Tink Moment' (better known as running down a rabbit trail), and I do apologize.

~Tink~

Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA. It’s been really busy lately around here with Thanksgiving and getting prepared to leave for Disney next week. Everyone is super excited and nervous since it’s the cheer competition. Well maybe just the adults are nervous. The girls are excited and don’t seem to be very nervous. I can’t believe it’s going to be December soon. This cruise will come super fast now!

Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA. It’s been really busy lately around here with Thanksgiving and getting prepared to leave for Disney next week. Everyone is super excited and nervous since it’s the cheer competition. Well maybe just the adults are nervous. The girls are excited and don’t seem to be very nervous. I can’t believe it’s going to be December soon. This cruise will come super fast now!
Have fun at Disney for me and we'll be here chugging away at cruise planning and prepping.

~Tink~

In case anyone is interested, I just posted my latest video (Vacation Planning - Mustard Drill). This one is about one of my families favorite planning parties, and if you want to get everyone more involved with helping get ready for the cruise, you will like this one.

~Tink~

Hi! this will be my first time cruising with Disney, and I was wondering could I still participate in the FE?
I have some good news for you, and a great reason to get your 10 posts. A spot on the FE just opened up.
So, get 4 more posts in, and I can get you the information needed for the FE.

All other FEers, please check the updated spreadsheet.

I will have the Monday Forget Me nots up shortly!!

~Tink~

We are traveling on this sailing and would love to participate in the FE!
Abby, just a reminder, we are all excited to find out all about your cabin. I will get it posted on the spreadsheet as soon as I get your answers. Check your inbox!

~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!!! I can't believe we are down to only 7 Mondays!!!

With the trip drawing near, everyone should be thinking about packing soon. So, a good idea for today's Forget Me Not would be packing a boarding day bag.

If you have been searching the web to help you prepare for your cruise, I am sure you have seen someones (or a lot of someones) carry on bag list. So, the idea of a carry on bag probably is not a new idea to you. Even if that is true, I still wanted to remind everyone of a couple things because there are a few Very Important packing must knows for day 1.

Unfortunately, I do not know what the weather has in store for us on embarkation day. So, plan to be prepared. You will want to dress in layers in case of a chilly morning that burns off to become a beautiful afternoon. And, if your swimsuit is not one of your layers, plan to pack it in your carry on bags along with some sunscreen! You don't need to worry about the towels, Disney has you covered. If you have your favorite monogrammed Disney beach towel, toss it into your checked bag to save you some room in the carry on.

There is a possibility that you will be eating a few meals before you see your bags again...that is considering the Hobbit meal plan I talked about in the appetite reminder. There also is a chance that you will not receive your bags prior to dinner, so toss what ever you will need for the first nights dinner in your carry on as well. Cabins with early dinning, or those whose bags end up in the naughty room would be the ones most likely to encounter this. Our first nights dinner will be cruise casual (no shorts, swimsuits, or tank tops please).

Speaking of the naughty room, items that would be best kept in your carry on instead of your checked bags would be questionable liquids...for example those that may be used to conceal prohibited alcohol. You are allowed one 6 pack of beer, or 2 bottles of wine per adult, and if you are bringing those items on board, you must carry them in your carry on bags. If you're interested in finding out what the naughty room looks like, you can ask for a tour instead of taking the risk. All of your fellow travelers would encourage you to place items like that or anything else that could break open and stain clothes in your carry on for safe gentle handling.

You are also going to want to make room for any valuables (such as jewelry or those top shelf top dollar FE's :rotfl2:) and all your medications (including a small first aid kit - bandaids, antiseptic wipes, cough drops, ginger gum or candies, and so on.
While I am thinking of a first aid kit, if you, or any family member, are prone to sea sickness, make sure to have what ever remedy you plan to use with you in your carry on bags. My son is especially susceptible, and begins to feel bad before we even set sail if he does not have his sea bands on.

Your are not going to want to forget to have your mobile device handy as well. First so that you can make sure to turn it on airplane mode to avoid any hefty charges, and second so that you can connect with family and friends with Disneys free app. Oh and unless you are bringing a camera, you will want to be able to start documenting your vacation and posting pics on snap shot (before airplane mode of course) to make all your friends at home jealous!!!!

Ok, we have our changes of clothes, we have our sun screen and meds, we remembered our wine / beer, your appitite, and your phones or tablets, so what am I forgetting?????

Oh, I am forgetting the most important things, your family. I know they can't fit in your carry on bags, but all of their ID and boarding documents can. Even if you forget everything else, remember to keep all of your travel documents (printed cruise contract, passports, drivers license, and/or birth certificates) in your carry on bags. You will not be able to check-in or board the ship with out them. And I would think it would go with out saying that if you have your ID, you have your wallet, but I don't want you to forget anything. So, remember your wallet, and have a few singles in there to tip the porters when they take your bags.

That is it for this week. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and enjoying the company of friends and family.

~Tink~

I have some good news for you, and a great reason to get your 10 posts. A spot on the FE just opened up.

~Tink~

I am so sorry, finals are coming up and I was caught up in my school work. Thanks for letting me known, and your answer is more than perfect I am very happy to know more about the live shows.

~Tink~
Also, I have another question, but this time it's about the oceaneer clubs, my niece is only 4 and she only understands a minimum amount of English. Therefore, I was wondering could it be possible for us to find a counselor that speaks Chinese to look after her? we really want her to enjoy the trip, and I might be easier for her if there is someone who speaks her native tongue there with her.

Also, I have another question, but this time it's about the oceaneer clubs, my niece is only 4 and she only understands a minimum amount of English. Therefore, I was wondering could it be possible for us to find a counselor that speaks Chinese to look after her? we really want her to enjoy the trip, and I might be easier for her if there is someone who speaks her native tongue there with her.
There are many cultures represented on the boat, and it could be a chance to make a lasting connection with a cast member. We had an opportunity for a connection like that on our first cruise, and we gained a friend for life in return. As for the solution, I would reach out to Disney now and let them know about the possible language barrier. I can't say with absolute certainty that they will be able to work some magic, but they will most likely be able to help find someone on the boat that may be able to help. Also, if they can move cast members around from one youth area to another, it would more than likely be that she is in the same area, and you can take your niece in and make that connection each time before she takes off to play. The beautiful thing about children is that they are able to connect with one another no matter the language barrier. I am sure she will have fun. There are so many activities around the boat that you can get her involved in, or do with her that she just may surprise you.
You are only 2 posts away, so how about a little help. What are you studying? Where are you going to school? Oh, and one more for luck. How would I tell her 'Hello, what a beautiful princess you are!' so that she can understand me?

~Tink~

There are many cultures represented on the boat, and it could be a chance to make a lasting connection with a cast member. We had an opportunity for a connection like that on our first cruise, and we gained a friend for life in return. As for the solution, I would reach out to Disney now and let them know about the possible language barrier. I can't say with absolute certainty that they will be able to work some magic, but they will most likely be able to help find someone on the boat that may be able to help. Also, if they can move cast members around from one youth area to another, it would more than likely be that she is in the same area, and you can take your niece in and make that connection each time before she takes off to play. The beautiful thing about children is that they are able to connect with one another no matter the language barrier. I am sure she will have fun. There are so many activities around the boat that you can get her involved in, or do with her that she just may surprise you.
You are only 2 posts away, so how about a little help. What are you studying? Where are you going to school? Oh, and one more for luck. How would I tell her 'Hello, what a beautiful princess you are!' so that she can understand me?

~Tink~
Thank you, we will call Disney and ask about it.

~Tink~
I am an art student, currently studying in the School of Art Institute of Chicago, and to say 'Hello, what a beautiful princess you are!'... it will be a mouthful, but you would say, "nihao, ni si ge piàoliang de gōngzhǔ" or "nihao, ni hao piàoliang"

I am an art student, currently studying in the School of Art Institute of Chicago, and to say 'Hello, what a beautiful princess you are!'... it will be a mouthful, but you would say, "nihao, ni si ge piàoliang de gōngzhǔ" or "nihao, ni hao piàoliang"
Cool! My degree is in Graphic Design. And congrats you are at 10. I will send you a message in just a bit.
One more question, the second phrase seems easier, what would the phonetic pronunciation of it be? I will practice in hopes that I get to meet her on board.

~Tink~

Cool! My degree is in Graphic Design. And congrats you are at 10. I will send you a message in just a bit.
One more question, the second phrase seems easier, what would the phonetic pronunciation of it be? I will practice in hopes that I get to meet her on board.

~Tink~
Here is the best version I could find "ni hao , ni hao p'iao liang"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter