Group 1
Pixiehallow
Frozen47
Chitownpnthr
daco123
Poohbear912
Chitownpnthr +1
Chitownpnthr +2

And I would like to get the spreadsheet together so that we can all get to work on our FE's. We only have 162 days until our cruise, and I have some fun ideas I want to get started on (and I am going to need several of those 162 days to create some pixie dusted goodies).
If I have sent you a PM with the list of what we need for the spreadsheet, could you please take a few minutes and send me a reply with answers to the 9 questions. If you have not received a PM from me, could you please let me know so that I can send it out to you. Thanks a bunch!!!

~Tink~

Last edited:
Happy Monday Everyone!!! We are down to only 22 Mondays until our cruise!

This week's Forget Me Not will help you "Just keep swimming", and it's a reminder for your pre-cruise shopping list. Why am I reminding you about shopping so early you ask. Well, because some seasonal items may soon become very difficult to find. The main item I want to remind you not to forget is your snorkel gear (especially if you are planning a beach day at either of our ports). Our family has fallen victim to the "Oh we can wait on that" thought process when it has come to getting snorkel gear before a winter cruise before. And when we went shopping for it in late Nov. early Dec., we could not find anything. Which we found surprising beings that we live in a water tourist town. As a result, we had to hunt the items down online, and pay premium for them.

Now is your best time to find snorkel gear (and other summery items such as swim suits, sun screen, and the like). Stores will be having end of season sales over the next couple of weeks, and you can probably get a pretty good deal on what is left over from the summer. Oh, and if summery clothes are on your need to buy list for the kiddos, think about buying a size bigger. I know that may be an unneeded point, but even the most OCVPDed (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder) among us (fingers pointing at me :oops:) need reminding occasionally.

Just a side note, kids really don't like showing up to dinner in a tux that allows for a great view of the socks. And they aren't to comfortable in last years (size) swim wear either!!

Have an awesome week.

~Tink~

Hi everyone! I'm Whitney and I just booked this cruise a couple of days ago. It will be me and my 11 year old niece Ayanna. I will be celebrating her 11th birthday this cruise since it falls during the cruise. This would have been our second DCL cruise but our first one was cancelled back in October due to the hurricane! I'm so excited to finally be able to take this cruise! I'd also like to get involved in the FE! I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Hi everyone! I'm Whitney and I just booked this cruise a couple of days ago. It will be me and my 11 year old niece Ayanna. I will be celebrating her 11th birthday this cruise since it falls during the cruise. This would have been our second DCL cruise but our first one was cancelled back in October due to the hurricane! I'm so excited to finally be able to take this cruise! I'd also like to get involved in the FE! I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Welcome to the group Mimi-Anne!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the roll call and the FE list. After that, I will send you a PM with all of the information needed for the FE. So keep your eyes out for that.
I am looking forward to getting to know you and planning together too!

~Tink ~

Welcome to the group Mimi-Anne!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will add you to the roll call and the FE list. After that, I will send you a PM with all of the information needed for the FE. So keep your eyes out for that.
I am looking forward to getting to know you and planning together too!

~Tink ~

Got it! I just replied to your message!

Calling all FEers again-

We now have 9 cabins in the group, but I only have information on the spreadsheet for 3 cabins.

PLEASE get your FE information back to me. If you think you may have already (Frozen47 and Mimi-Anne, I have yours) filled out the information, or have changed your mind, please let me know that as well.
Thanks
~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We have 21 Mondays until we are sailing away with Mickey. :earsgirl::earsboy::earboy2:
But our vacation doesn't start and end at the gang way. So, this week's Forget Me Not is about your pre and post cruise Vacation time.

I can not speak for everyone, but I have not had my wish to live at Disney World granted YET (I still believe in the magic of wishing on a star, so I am holding on to that dream!!!!). For those of you that are like me, and have to find your way to Florida, and then on to Cape Canaveral, will also have to find their way back home after the cruise. And, I believe that the vacation begins when I leave home, and goes until I return home. This leaves a portion of our vacation that needs to be planned for.

Getting to Orlando will take one of 2 forms usually - there is the possibility of the arrival by train as well though. If you are flying in, you will then need to plan for transportation from and to the airport. If you are driving in, you will probably need to plan for a nights stay and then make arrangements for your vehicle while you are away. Here are a few things to get your mind thinking about the pre and post portion of your vacation -

Flying -
in and out the day of boarding and return
- arrange an early enough flight to make sure you can make the 1 hour journey and be able to board no later than 2 ( I know this is earlier than Disney
requires, but this will allow for any hiccups or delays).
- and arrange for a late enough flight that will allow you to leave the port by around 10 AM, make the 1 hour drive, and then still be able to be 3 to 4
hours early, giving you enough time tho navigate security. This airport is large and crowded, and your will appreciate the cushion of time.
in or out a day early or a day after
- arrange for a hotel stay (if you use Disney as a before or after, you can use their free Magical Transports to and / or from the airport)
Both -
- arrange for transportation to and from the port
- Disney Cruise Buses pick up at the airport and Disney resorts. They will also pick up at the port and take you back to either Disney or the
airport
- private cars (limo, sedan, or shuttle type bus) can be arranged from the airport, area hotels, and Disney. Keep in mind though when arranging
a pick up at the airport, make sure they have clearance to do airport pick ups. Private car companies have to get a permit to operate at the
airport. These will also pick up at the port (check to see if they need to get permits at port, and if they charge for tolls)
- Car rentals can be reserved as a one way rental going to and / or from Cape Canaveral. The car companies run shuttles to drop off and pick up
renters at the port. Cars can be rented at the airport, or at many of the area resort locations.
- Ride sharing. Some shuttles or private companies have lager vehicles that can carry up to 10 - 15 passengers. Two or 3 families could arrange
for a ride and share the cost.​
Driving -
Arriving early / staying after -
- arrange for hotel stay
- for those of you choosing Disney, you can usually leave your vehicle at the Disney resort you are staying at and arrange for a ride on the Disney
cruise bus if you prefer this to parking at port.
- if you stay closer to the port, look for a hotel that provides cruise parking and a shuttle to the port
- if you time your arrival for the morning of the cruise, make sure to allot some extra time for hiccups or delays. You can also look into parking at the
port.
And for anyone that that may be coming in with a camper / RV (and you don't choose to stay at Fort Wilderness, or you want to leave Fort Wilderness a
day early) There is an RV camp named Jetti park. It is located at the end of the canal that the Dream will enter and then later leave through when heading to the port. The bonus of this stay is that you can get up early in the morning and see the Dream coming in to port close enough that you could almost reach out and touch it. I have been promised a stay here once we hit the road in 2 years!
Happy planning.
~Tink~

So I know it's pretty early but I'm currently trying to decide the best way to get to Port Canaveral.

My niece and I are arriving the day before. Our flight gets in to MCO at around 11:30pm. As of now I plan to stay at one one the airport hotels and then possibly use a shuttle service to pick us up from MCO. I usually use GoPortCanaveral shuttle service for cruises that leave out of PC. I would drive but I'm not really comfortable driving around Florida without my husband.

Does this plan make sense?

Also I've been looking into excursions for Nassau. Has anyone done the water park over at Atlantis before? I'm considering that for me and my niece and just wanted to hear some first hand reviews of it.

Also is the Princess Tea available on the 3 day cruise?

Thanks!

So I know it's pretty early but I'm currently trying to decide the best way to get to Port Canaveral.

My niece and I are arriving the day before. Our flight gets in to MCO at around 11:30pm. As of now I plan to stay at one one the airport hotels and then possibly use a shuttle service to pick us up from MCO. I usually use GoPortCanaveral shuttle service for cruises that leave out of PC. I would drive but I'm not really comfortable driving around Florida without my husband.

Does this plan make sense?

Also I've been looking into excursions for Nassau. Has anyone done the water park over at Atlantis before? I'm considering that for me and my niece and just wanted to hear some first hand reviews of it.

Also is the Princess Tea available on the 3 day cruise?

Thanks!
If you are not wanting to drive, that sounds like a great plan. Have you checked with GoPortCanaveral to see if they would do hotel pick-ups to save yourself the hassle of returning to the airport? That is unless you are planning to stay at the Hyatt inside the airport. We have been looking at the Hyatt for our non - rental car option.
Also, have you price compared different shuttle companies in comparison to private cars (like a town car or even a limo)?
I am not trying to get you to do more research, I was just curious if you already have done it. If so, would you mind sharing your finds? If not, I was going to be doing some price compares as we are trying to decide between rental or shuttle, and would be happy to share my numbers when I have them ready.

We haven't done Atlantis, but know people who have. The one consistent thing I hear is that a 1/2 day is not worth it, but if you are in port long enough for a full day, it is. Are you looking to do Disney's excursion, or are you thinking about using a private tour company?

Finally, you question about the Tea. Here is a quote from the Disney Cruise Line Blog about the High Tea on the Dream:

The Royal Tea experience on the Disney Dream will be offered at 3PM on the sea day of a 4-Night cruise and while at Nassau on the 3-Night sailings. As of now, online booking is not available, but should roll out eventually. The cost for Royal Court Royal Tea is $210 for children and $69 for adults. According to DCL’s overview page, Royal Tea is designed for children between 3 and 12 and each child must be accompanied by a parent or guarding. Solo adults are not eligible for this event.
Hope this helps,
~Tink~

If you are not wanting to drive, that sounds like a great plan. Have you checked with GoPortCanaveral to see if they would do hotel pick-ups to save yourself the hassle of returning to the airport? That is unless you are planning to stay at the Hyatt inside the airport. We have been looking at the Hyatt for our non - rental car option.
Also, have you price compared different shuttle companies in comparison to private cars (like a town car or even a limo)?
I am not trying to get you to do more research, I was just curious if you already have done it. If so, would you mind sharing your finds? If not, I was going to be doing some price compares as we are trying to decide between rental or shuttle, and would be happy to share my numbers when I have them ready.

We haven't done Atlantis, but know people who have. The one consistent thing I hear is that a 1/2 day is not worth it, but if you are in port long enough for a full day, it is. Are you looking to do Disney's excursion, or are you thinking about using a private tour company?

Finally, you question about the Tea. Here is a quote from the Disney Cruise Line Blog about the High Tea on the Dream:

The Royal Tea experience on the Disney Dream will be offered at 3PM on the sea day of a 4-Night cruise and while at Nassau on the 3-Night sailings. As of now, online booking is not available, but should roll out eventually. The cost for Royal Court Royal Tea is $210 for children and $69 for adults. According to DCL’s overview page, Royal Tea is designed for children between 3 and 12 and each child must be accompanied by a parent or guarding. Solo adults are not eligible for this event.
Hope this helps,
~Tink~

I did a bunch of looking around last night and this morning. GPC does have snooze and cruise packages that will pick up from the Orlando hotels. The only issue is that some of the hotels the shuttle doesn't pick up until like 11am-11:30. And I want to get an early shuttle time. If I get their shuttle from the airport the first shuttle pick up time is 9am. So that's why I figured I'd stay at an area hotel and get the hotel shuttle back to the airport to get to GPC shuttle. For two people round trip it would be $58.00. My husband and I used them earlier this month as a shuttle for our cruise. We did the park and ride option though. You park in their lot and their shuttle takes you to the terminal and brings you back after the cruise.

I priced some limo companies for the two of us and was getting quoted like $168. I know the more people you have the price goes down a lot more supposedly.

I also looked into some other shuttle companies and was getting quotes of like $40 per person.

Right now I'm looking at staying at the Hampton Inn near the Orlando airport. Their cheapest room is $86 I think.

For the Atlantis water park I found that Resort for a Day has the same excursion for a lot cheaper. When I do day passes I always use that website and I've never had any issues. And the taxi for two of us over there would be $12 each way. We aren't in Nassau that long on Disney so I don't know if its worth it. I was just in Nassau on Royal earlier this month for me and my husbands mini-moon(we got married in Disney World on the 5th) and we were in Nassau until 8:30. So I was shocked to see we aren't there that long on DCL. So maybe that excursion may not be worth the price for such a short day.

Thanks for he info about the Princess Tea! This may keep me on the ship for the day now. I don't want to have to rush back to make this if I'm out doing an excursion. I may try to find something to do around the port or just stay on the ship since I've already been there. Or maybe go shopping over by Atlantis.

I did a bunch of looking around last night and this morning. GPC does have snooze and cruise packages that will pick up from the Orlando hotels. The only issue is that some of the hotels the shuttle doesn't pick up until like 11am-11:30. And I want to get an early shuttle time. If I get their shuttle from the airport the first shuttle pick up time is 9am. So that's why I figured I'd stay at an area hotel and get the hotel shuttle back to the airport to get to GPC shuttle. For two people round trip it would be $58.00. My husband and I used them earlier this month as a shuttle for our cruise. We did the park and ride option though. You park in their lot and their shuttle takes you to the terminal and brings you back after the cruise.

I priced some limo companies for the two of us and was getting quoted like $168. I know the more people you have the price goes down a lot more supposedly.

I also looked into some other shuttle companies and was getting quotes of like $40 per person.

Right now I'm looking at staying at the Hampton Inn near the Orlando airport. Their cheapest room is $86 I think.

For the Atlantis water park I found that Resort for a Day has the same excursion for a lot cheaper. When I do day passes I always use that website and I've never had any issues. And the taxi for two of us over there would be $12 each way. We aren't in Nassau that long on Disney so I don't know if its worth it. I was just in Nassau on Royal earlier this month for me and my husbands mini-moon(we got married in Disney World on the 5th) and we were in Nassau until 8:30. So I was shocked to see we aren't there that long on DCL. So maybe that excursion may not be worth the price for such a short day.

Thanks for he info about the Princess Tea! This may keep me on the ship for the day now. I don't want to have to rush back to make this if I'm out doing an excursion. I may try to find something to do around the port or just stay on the ship since I've already been there. Or maybe go shopping over by Atlantis.
Thanks for sharing your uncovered information. If I find anything else, I will let you know.
And just my opinion, I think water play on the boat, and High Tea with the princesses sound way cooler!!! If your niece doesn't want to go, I will go with you!::yes:::P That is as long as I can get my Aqua Duck rides in before lunch.

~Tink~

Thanks for sharing your uncovered information. If I find anything else, I will let you know.
And just my opinion, I think water play on the boat, and High Tea with the princesses sound way cooler!!! If your niece doesn't want to go, I will go with you!::yes:::P That is as long as I can get my Aqua Duck rides in before lunch.

~Tink~

No problem! Once I get a definite idea of what I'll be doing I'll be sure to let anyone who is interested know.

And I have decided I'll be staying on the ship while in Nassua. I have to send my TA an email letting her know I want to book the tea when it's available for me. Lol.

No problem! Once I get a definite idea of what I'll be doing I'll be sure to let anyone who is interested know.

And I have decided I'll be staying on the ship while in Nassua. I have to send my TA an email letting her know I want to book the tea when it's available for me. Lol.
I was going to do a little more research today, but got a little side tracked by Harvey. We are running around making sure we have enough water, and the vehicles gas tanks are full. We have got about an hour before we get hit really hard by the first band.
It makes me thankful that our cruise is so far out, and not in hurricane season.

~Tink~

I had a few minutes to jump on and take a look at GoPortCanaveral, and I was surprised to find that one of the Fly Snooze and Cruise hotels was one of our 'Close to port go to' hotels. It is the America's Best Value Inn. They are not the nicest hotels (there are definitely nicer ones out there), but it is safe, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the boat is only 10 minutes away. Plus if we sign up for the first shuttle at 10 AM, we will be amongst the early arrivers. The price for 3 (which includes round trip shuttle, shuttle in the morning to the port, one night at the hotel, and breafast) is only $158.
Thanks for the tip. That is definitely on our considering list!

~Tink~

I had a few minutes to jump on and take a look at GoPortCanaveral, and I was surprised to find that one of the Fly Snooze and Cruise hotels was one of our 'Close to port go to' hotels. It is the America's Best Value Inn. They are not the nicest hotels (there are definitely nicer ones out there), but it is safe, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the boat is only 10 minutes away. Plus if we sign up for the first shuttle at 10 AM, we will be amongst the early arrivers. The price for 3 (which includes round trip shuttle, shuttle in the morning to the port, one night at the hotel, and breafast) is only $158.
Thanks for the tip. That is definitely on our considering list!

~Tink~

Oh wow that's not that bad! I wanted to do one of those packages near PC but since my flight gets in so late GPC says I have to do a package near Orlando airport. But I found the package is higher than just getting the hotel and using the shuttle separately plus he package shuttle times weren't working for me in terms of what time to get to the port.

I hoe everything is okay with you guys! Hurricanes suck. We were set to do Halloween on the High Seas last October but Hurricane Matthew caused everything to be shut down and cancelled. It was to be my extended family's first Disney Cruise too.

Oh wow that's not that bad! I wanted to do one of those packages near PC but since my flight gets in so late GPC says I have to do a package near Orlando airport. But I found the package is higher than just getting the hotel and using the shuttle separately plus he package shuttle times weren't working for me in terms of what time to get to the port.

I hoe everything is okay with you guys! Hurricanes suck. We were set to do Halloween on the High Seas last October but Hurricane Matthew caused everything to be shut down and cancelled. It was to be my extended family's first Disney Cruise too.
That's a bummer. Did they get y'all set up on another cruise?
We are a bit inland. About where they are predicting that it is going to stall out for a bit before it turns around and heads for Houston. So we have our water, and plenty of food and batteries. We should be good, just a bit wet!
As I am typing, I am starting to hear the wind bump around. Makes me think of one of my old time Tom Hanks favorites, 'Joe Vs. the Volcano'. "I think we're in for a blow".

~Tink~

That's a bummer. Did they get y'all set up on another cruise?
We are a bit inland. About where they are predicting that it is going to stall out for a bit before it turns around and heads for Houston. So we have our water, and plenty of food and batteries. We should be good, just a bit wet!
As I am typing, I am starting to hear the wind bump around. Makes me think of one of my old time Tom Hanks favorites, 'Joe Vs. the Volcano'. "I think we're in for a blow".

~Tink~

No DCL cancelled the day before the cruise. They did give everyone a percentage off the next cruise though.

I booked travel insurance today for our trip. I ever book through the cruise since I feel like they don't offer enough. I always book through Travel Guard. I paid $44 for all the stuff I have booked now and a ton of stuff is covered. As I book more things I just have to add hen to the policy within 15 days. I highly recommend them if anyone is looking for travel insurance.

No DCL cancelled the day before the cruise. They did give everyone a percentage off the next cruise though.

I booked travel insurance today for our trip. I ever book through the cruise since I feel like they don't offer enough. I always book through Travel Guard. I paid $44 for all the stuff I have booked now and a ton of stuff is covered. As I book more things I just have to add hen to the policy within 15 days. I highly recommend them if anyone is looking for travel insurance.
Do they have a pre-existing condition clause? The main reason we have looked at travel insurance before makes the insurance worthless, so we have never gotten any.

~Tink ~

Do they have a pre-existing condition clause? The main reason we have looked at travel insurance before makes the insurance worthless, so we have never gotten any.

~Tink ~

When I called yesterday I didn't hear them mention anything like that. But you can call and ask them. Their customer service is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!