1-75 South of ATL

tylerandalexsmom

Seriously addicted to Disney
I didn't see this mentioned, please point me in the right direction if there is something.

We drive down 1-75 to WDW - it's about a 12 hour drive, and usually we just leave early and do it in one trip, check in, get a bite to eat, and go to bed. This year, however, we need to break it up. We need to stop round Atlanta, and finish the drive the next morning. I want to stop just south of Atlanta so we don't have to deal with rush hour traffic getting out the next morning. But we don't want to go to much farther south, since it will be late by the time we.get to Atlanta and we will be too tired to go much farther. Any suggestions for a place to stay? We want some place clean and decent, but don't want to spend a lot since we will just be sleeping there and checking out first thing in the morning. TIA

We generally stay at Hampton Inn. Depending on how far South you want to go, we have stayed in Cordele, Tifton, & Adel. There are others closer to Atlanta metro, but, we have found it better traffic wise in the mornings to get as far South as possible. Have a fabulous trip snd safe travels!

We stayed at the Jameson Inn in Perry, GA last year. It was rated 8.2 on the service we used. It was very clean and we got it for around $55 a night. We got there late so it was just a sleep and go.

Thank you so much! It will just be a sleep and go for us too. But we really want something close to just south of Atlanta (really dont even want to go as far south as Macon, as we will be arriving very late as it is. Any suggestions for south of (but closer to) Atlanta?

Last edited:

When we drove we'd never stay just barely South of Atlanta, always try to make it just a tad further to shorten the next days driving. Perry has always been our destination of choice. I guess you could always pick something near the airport, since there's plenty of hotels and they are often quite inexpensive. The area doesn't look like the best but we've left cars around there in the hotel parking lots and things have been fine. There's an outlet area near Locust Grove that has some hotels. Maybe another option.

Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn near Forsyth, GA. It's about 30-40 minutes south of I-285. The area is packed with police cars during the week since the state police academy is the next exit north.

We've stayed in both McDonough and Locust Grove (Exits 218, 216 and 212). Both communities are still in the Atlanta metro, but they are far enough south that you won't have morning rush hour traffic. Both are just south of Eagles Landing (Exit 224).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!