1 Day of Christmas at Universal

Penguinempress

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to share some details on my quick Christmas trip (December 13th to 17th). This was the first time I’d been to Orlando at Christmas so seeing all the festive décor was the main purpose of the trip. My husband and I did both Universal parks on Friday December 14th and we had such a great day! It was gray and rainy but the rain was never very heavy (we brought ponchos but never had to actually put them on). I’m not sure if the weather kept the crowds away but we could not believe how quiet both parks were – it was amazing! We were able to walk on to so many rides (including Rip Rockit – 3 times in a row!) and I’d say the longest lines we had all day were 15 minutes (Escape from Gringotts and Transformers).

Parks hours seemed short (US was 9am to 6pm, IOA 9am to 7pm) but we were there just after 9 and stayed until closing and due to the low crowds, we were able to get so much done!

In no particular order:
Hogwarts Express
The Hulk
ET x 2
The Simpsons
The Mummy x 2
Spiderman
Dr. Doom’s Fearfall
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers
Jimmy Fallon
Rip Rockit x 3
Kong
Fast & Furious

We also met Patrick & Squidward, watched the Macy’s Christmas parade (loved it!), checked out all the Christmas decorations and saw the Hogwarts projection show. There were a few things we missed just because we ran out of time but I really enjoyed our day there. Everyone talks about Disney at Christmas but I was really impressed with the holiday décor at Universal, especially at the Studios. It felt like the entire park was decorated – Christmas music everywhere, all the decorations in the streets of New York, the ‘snow’ during the Macy’s Christmas parade…. It was all very well done and felt so festive, I’d definitely recommend a trip to Universal at Christmas.

A few photos from my day:
zoaLZbe.jpg

tiYfejk.jpg

Wd8ktDQ.jpg

CKf2vr1.jpg

3xiDa6M.jpg

43TyK2i.jpg

vcQTj7B.jpg

RWQq5Se.jpg

Your pictures are great!

Isn’t it fantastic you missed the big crowds on your day there

You were able to do a lot in one day !
Thanks @macraven! I was really happy we were able to do so much in one day, we really lucked out with low crowds. And it was such a great experience to see the parks all decked our for the holidays - such a fun and festive atmosphere!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing your report....Universal is such a fun place.
Thanks! I always spend so much time and effort planning the Disney portion of my trips but I love that with Universal, I just show up and enjoy! So much fun!
We were there the same day! Very low crowds, fabulous. Thanks for sharing your great pics!:cheer2:
Thank you! Amazing day to be there, right? Not sure if it was the rain that kept people away but I'll take some raindrops any day if it means riding Rip Rockit 3 times as a walk on!

Just have to say that you look SMASHING in that dress! Loved your photos - Thanks!
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!