1 or 2 day visit?

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
DW, DS and I are going to London for a week, then will travel to Paris for an 8 day stay at the end of July. While in Paris we will visit DLP and currently have two days scheduled to visit. We will keep our hotel in the city and will travel by train for the two days we are in the parks.

We are going to purchase the Fast Pass package so we can be sure to take in as much as possible, and will be there at park opening. This will probably be the only time we will visit France so we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time incredible Disney fans.

Given the time of the year, the addition of the FP to help, and the many other things to see, would you recommend we keep our current two day visit or cut it back to one?

There is not one answer to this. :) How much of a Disney fan are you and what are your goals? See/do it all, or just be happy with the limits of one day?

The FP package would work great in the summer, but remember it only gets you on 8 rides (most big rides) And with a good plan you will get far, however, you won't be able to do it all. If you think there is a chance you will regret going one day, go two. If one day is enough to satisfy your curiosity / get your Disney fix, stick with one.

Is there any flexibility in your schedule that you can wing it? Do a first day and then decide if you will want do a second.

Like @Karin1984 said, depends on a lot of things, firstly how big you are on Disney.

Personally I love Disney but I can never get enough of Paris, and the trip between the two is long (expensive in “vacation hours”), so I either go to DLP only or Paris only.

I’ve never been to Paris (going for the first time next year!!!) but based on my experience in the California and Florida parks, any extra day at Disney is worth it, so I would say keep the 2nd day .

I would do 2 days. We did a 9 day Paris trip with an overnight in London, and only 1 day at DLP with a park hopper and it felt rushed. With 8 full days in Paris you can definitely afford to do 2 in the parks. We're pretty casual travelers and we had seen and done everything we wanted to do in Paris in 4 or 5 days so our last day we pretty much were just hanging out and waiting for our day to go by so we could get back home. I wish we would have taken that day to go back to DLP and just take our time instead of being on a mission to do as much as we could in a day. It CAN be done but we both said we wished we wouldn't have been so rushed so we could take it all in and enjoy it.

DW, DS and I are going to London for a week, then will travel to Paris for an 8 day stay at the end of July. While in Paris we will visit DLP and currently have two days scheduled to visit. We will keep our hotel in the city and will travel by train for the two days we are in the parks.

We are going to purchase the Fast Pass package so we can be sure to take in as much as possible, and will be there at park opening. This will probably be the only time we will visit France so we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time incredible Disney fans.

Given the time of the year, the addition of the FP to help, and the many other things to see, would you recommend we keep our current two day visit or cut it back to one?
We just spent a day at DLP in the midst of our two week European vacation, and we had purchased hoppers and the FastPass package that gave access to each of the major FastPass rides once. It was our first time in DLP, but we're WDW vets. We did this on a Wednesday in late May, the day before a national holiday weekend in France. The park was only open from 10am to 8pm, and we only got into the park around 11:15 due to a late start that morning. The park was quite busy but not jam-packed, and minor rides tended to have 30 minute wait times all day. Major rides always had 60+ minute wait times for standby riders, with FPs sold out in the second half of the day.

For us, one day was enough, despite the late start & early closing time. The FP package is very effective and gave us very short waits at each of the big rides. Going from park to park at DLP is as easy here as it is in California, so that is a non-issue. We got all the biggies in, plus all the little ones we were interested in, with time to spare for a counter service lunch, lots of photos, and a little shopping. We were focused on getting things done, but we walked peacefully everywhere we went & never felt rushed.

It's not a short train ride out to DLP from central Paris, and after a full day at the parks plus long train rides there & back, we have no desire to go all the way back for seconds today. DLP was nice, but we've done it and now we're ready to move on to other nice things on our list.

Imo you should do one day if you buy the FP package. DLP is nice, but Paris and it's surroundings have a lot to offer beyond DLP. Maybe a day at Versailles or Monet's gardens at Giverny instead of a second day at Disneyland?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts