1 year from now

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
I just realized that 1 year from now I will be sitting at my campsite at the fort. I mentioned it to my kids and they laughed at me and shook their heads. They just don’t understand how badly I NEED that vacation and knowing it is now under that year mark, it seems more real. It has only been 15 months since my last trip but it seems forever ago. Next trip is the longest Disney trip ever, 10 nights in a tent but probably 5 park days. I can’t wait!!!!

I just realized that 1 year from now I will be sitting at my campsite at the fort. I mentioned it to my kids and they laughed at me and shook their heads. They just don’t understand how badly I NEED that vacation and knowing it is now under that year mark, it seems more real. It has only been 15 months since my last trip but it seems forever ago. Next trip is the longest Disney trip ever, 10 nights in a tent but probably 5 park days. I can’t wait!!!!

We understand you very well. ::yes::

Sounds awesome...
What kind of creature comforts do you bring along for 10 nights in a tent? Air conditioner, fans, blow up mattress, cot?

Don’t skimp on park days just to save some money. I haven’t looked recently, but it used to be after about 4 days, each additional day was cheap. The Fort is a great place to hang out, but we might run to a park just to eat at a restaurant we liked. Sometimes weather changes our plans also. We planned to see the fireworks one night, but it was rained out. Having an extra day let us go to the parks on a dryer night.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome...
What kind of creature comforts do you bring along for 10 nights in a tent? Air conditioner, fans, blow up mattress, cot?
We don’t use air conditioning but will bring a couple fans. I use blow up mattresses but DH has a cot. We don’t mind “roughing it” at Disney

Don’t skimp on park days just to save some money. I haven’t looked recently, but it used to be after about 4 days, each additional day was cheap. The Fort is a great place to hang out, but we might run to a park just to eat at a restaurant we liked. Sometimes weather changes our plans also. We planned to see the fireworks one night, but it was rained out. Having an extra day let us go to the parks on a dryer night.
This trip is for our 2 middle kids graduating, DD with her masters and DS with his bachelors. DSIL will have 2 months left active duty in the Marines so we will be using military salute tickets (hopefully) so we may be limited on days but we plan on the fort being like a base camp, we may do universal, a fishing excursion or Daytona beach a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter