10 New Egypt adventures added

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
Looks like they added 10 more adventures next year. This trip has proved very popular!!

Looks like they are only filling them up with people already on waitlists from other Egypt ABDs.
Or at least *first* filling them up with waitlisted folks before opening what's left up to general public.

Sayhello

Nobody has contacted me yet and we're on the waitlist for Dec.

I'd call to be sure, but I would think ABD is contacting families in order of how high they were on the waitlists. Good luck on getting a date!

I'm surprised of the number of itineraries they added effectively doubling the total number of Egypt trips. The amount of interest must have been massive. Between this and Japan, I think if I were in charge of ABD I'd be looking for more exotic itineraries in the upcoming years.

I was told they are not only going down the waitlist but in order of trip date, offering folks dates as close as they can to their original date. December is further down the list. Our original trip was in May. So, I would guess you will be hearing later this week, but it couldn't hurt to call and ask.

I'm on the waitlist for December, but after the recent attack, we've reconsidered. I was already waffling, and that seemed like a sign. I'm going to wait to read trip reports and see whether the situation over there settles before booking anything.

I'm on the waitlist for December, but after the recent attack, we've reconsidered. I was already waffling, and that seemed like a sign. I'm going to wait to read trip reports and see whether the situation over there settles before booking anything.

I think that's understandable. These are always difficult decisions. I remember watching the Munich attack on the airport TV while waiting to board my flight to the Germany ABD. That sucked. The ABD guides had to start the trip by discussing how ABD manages security and tried to put guests' minds at ease. We went to London a few wks after the Burough Market attack and was over at DL Paris when a priest was attacked in a nearby village. I don't mean to say that it could happen anywhere so therefore travel. More that it's just very frustrating that there's almost no escaping it... except maybe Japan. Anyway, we're still going as long as ABD is. We'll be sure to report back

We thought about this too, but my feelings were the opposite. I fear these things will get worse instead of better, so we really want to go now while there is the opportunity and it is safe. Terrorist attacks can and will continue to happen everywhere unfortunately.

I think that's understandable. These are always difficult decisions. I remember watching the Munich attack on the airport TV while waiting to board my flight to the Germany ABD. That sucked. The ABD guides had to start the trip by discussing how ABD manages security and tried to put guests' minds at ease. We went to London a few wks after the Burough Market attack and was over at DL Paris when a priest was attacked in a nearby village. I don't mean to say that it could happen anywhere so therefore travel. More that it's just very frustrating that there's almost no escaping it... except maybe Japan. Anyway, we're still going as long as ABD is. We'll be sure to report back

I was in Tokyo when the sarin gas attacks happened in 1995 :)

I was a hair away from the attack on the Danforth in Toronto last July. Had just dropped my dd off for Engineering Camp at University of Toronto and was headed over to Greektown for dinner (about 1.5km away from the school). For some reason I decided at the last minute that I'd head home for a late dinner solo and got on the highway instead. The attack happened shortly after that, right around the restaurant where I was headed. That was a very close call for me.

Both of our trips to India happened to fall right after bombings. I felt like security was at its best then, in all honesty. Plus lots of people canceled, so we had almost private train cars on the Palace on Wheels and Golden Chariot.

Both of our trips to India happened to fall right after bombings. I felt like security was at its best then, in all honesty. Plus lots of people canceled, so we had almost private train cars on the Palace on Wheels and Golden Chariot.
I always think of that quote in World According to Garp after the airplane hits the house they are going to buy:

"We'll take the house. Honey, the chances of another plane hitting this house are astronomical. It's been pre-disastered. We're going to be safe here."

They just called to offer us the Dec 29th tour today. That won't work for us due to our school schedule, so we opted to stay on the waitlist for Dec 22.

We got offered the December 15th trip today as well, but declined. It won't work for our kids schedule, and our excitement about Egypt has cooled after the recent attack. I also expressed to my travel agent (to hopefully pass on to Disney) that I really don't like how they handle the early bird prices for new releases. As many of us on this board have done, I've spent a pretty penny on ABD trips, and I do not feel like a valued customer at all. They really need to rethink how they release these trips.

Looks like they added 10 more adventures next year. This trip has proved very popular!!

Interesting that this morning the trip dates for Egypt on the ABD website that were added after opening day have vanished. Perhaps the demand was not as great as they hoped? This morning only the 13 original trips are posted, all waitlisted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter