10 things to pack ?

USA_mad02

Mouseketeer
We are off to Orlando in two weeks , YES!!!!!!!!

Weve started packing, could you name 10 things that you cant go to Orlando without
I'd hate to leave something behind, were staying off site in a house

:bounce:

thanx

What to take

My top choices

1) Your guide books and theme park plans!!!(these are vital)

2) Plenty of money or plenty of space on your credit cards

3)Comfortable shoes and light comfortable clothes

4)Your common sense, knowing when to say we are all tired and having a rest instead of shouting at the kids. Have you ever seen a parent shouting at their kids because they are tired and cranky?? Nothing worse is there?? (I've come all this way and spent all this money so I want to see it all )

5)Don,t worry if you forget something apart from your passport and plane tickets.You can buy anything at wallmart you might need

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY and bring us all a trip report back.:pinkbounc

...... the notebook with all the plans and confirmation number of PSs etc. plus address of where we're staying ( needed for the visa waiver forms) - kept in hand-luggage.

...... sandals/trainers that have been tried & tested at home for comfort

...... caps/hats

..... sunglasses

..... sunscreen/sunblock/aftersun

(.....I know that some folk like to buy the last three items when they are out there, but we don't want to spend time shopping when we first arrive, and I take ages to choose sunglasses! With the suncream, we like familiar ones we buy here)

...... swimwear

......cotton tops and shorts/skirts, underwear

......Video camera AND battery recharger PLUS adpaptor, cameras & film

........ the Disney autograph books that were bought on a previous trip so they can be added to instead of starting again! PLUS pens!!

........ passports are a good idea too :D !!

We stayed in a villa & I took a box of Persil tablets. My youngest DS has sensitive skin & I have to watch which brand I use. I didn't want to risk him reacting to powder bought in USA & spoiling his holiday with a rash.

It was lovely to bring home cases of clean clothes!!

I also packed a few blow up beach balls & other toys for the pool.

& 1 large empty holdall which we needed on the journey home.

Just remembered we took our carboard windscreen sun shield. Ours has an english flag on & not only kept the car cooler but made it easier to spot.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Hi USA mad - I'm off a week today, can't wait!!

Like you - I've started packing and buying last minute things. Thought I'd start a thread entitled A-Z of what to pack... for a bit of fun.

Disney Owl - great idea re car sunshield, wish we'd got one.

Happy planning and have a great holiday.
Janet

Hey Disney Owl - I'm glad that I'm not the only one who takes wahing tablets on holiday with them - I always use the same brand as well - but not only that why spend holiday money on such mundane things.
The other musts are

A Large box of t-bags - never found any decent ones in USA

A squeezy bottle of Heinz Salad Cream - I'm not a mayo person and must have this with my salad - especially as the first time we went I was pregnant with DS and craved tomato & Salad Cream sandwiches !!!!!!!

My youngest DS has sensitive skin & I have to watch which brand I use

As soon as I saw this I thought of these. I've just bought one and it actually gets the laundry cleaner, and no detergent is used at all. Ideal for someone with sensitive skin and also very small and light to pack for your holiday. It will do up to 80 washes, they say, before it needs replacing, but only if you can get your wash cycle down to 30 minutes. You can turn your rinse off, as there is nothing to rinse out. I'm keeping count of how many loads I get out of mine, but it's worth it for the ease of use. Just lob the washing in, chuck the ball in, and you're off.
And of course, my link doesn't seem to work :rolleyes:
Ok, if you go to http://www.qvcuk.com/ and follow the links:
home and garden
housewares
Laundry accessories
Wash it wash ball

Phew!

Hi all!,

Hmm... now let me think...

1~ Passports
2~ Tickets
3~ Driving Lisence
4~ Plenty of underware (don't want to spend too much time on laundry)
5~ Swimming stuff
6~ Autograph Book
7~ My beloved Brits Guide
8~ Clinique 3 step (i can't go anywhere without it)
9~ A couple of changes of clothing each (we buy a lot of stuff when we arrive)
10~ The comfiest foot ware, IMHO one of the most important things to bring!

Now Whoes next?

ONLY 2 WEEKS TO GO, WOO HOO!!!!
Luv Audrey
xxxxxxxxxx:bounce: :pinkbounc

Oh dear, there's soooo.. much more, like cameras and stuff but when you can just pick ten things it's really hard.

10 things I make sure I have are:

1 ~ Tea Bags (and plenty of them :) )

2 ~ Small Jar Marmite (sad I know ;) )

3 ~ Travel Guides & Maps

3 ~ Photo copies of Driving Licences and Passports (just in case)

4 ~ Spare Inhalers (I am asthmatic and I make sure I have a spare and also give DH one to carry in his pocket, just in case)
5 ~ Headache Pills for on the journey

6 ~ Wet Wipes for travelling

7 ~ Fruit Sweets for travelling

8 ~ A note of all the Travel Cheque Numbers

9 ~ A list of contact numbers for emergency's

10 ~ A second copy of the Travel Insurance Document - just in case.

11 ~ Spare Luggage Label for that extra suitcase that we always have to get :)

Ooops - got carried away :)

Nothing sad about Marmite Janice :D

We always take Marmite and tea-bags whenever we go abroad.

Jan, I think in future you will have to be known as Mrs Belt and Braces! ;)

Your no 5 also made me giggle. I take plenty of headache tablets with me. Well, as I keep reminding dh, I <i>am</i> on holiday! ;)

Until you read something like this you don't realise about the little rituals of what you take on a holiday. When we go we never go without :

1. Tea Bags and Travel Kettle - Gary is very fussy over his tea and doesn't like making it in the coffee makers in the room - complains they are luke warm.
2. Game Boy - I have Disney Tetris and Chip N Dale Game - gets me excited knowing I'm going to be seeing them all soon.
3. Persil Tablets and small bottle of Comfort
4. Photocopies of passports/insurance/travel docs
5. Migraleve
6. Spare holdall for return journey
7. Plenty of money - that's why I take Gary!

Enjoy yourself.

Helen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter