10 Year Anniversary Dinner Advice! Please help!

BDJazz

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

We will be going to Aulani in May. While there, we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I'm looking for ideas to surprise my wife with a nice dinner on our anniversary. I'm trying to out-do what I did for her on our 5 year anniversary in WDW. For our 5 year I rented out a private balcony dinner at grand floridian during the fireworks show. I also had them make a replica of our wedding cake (flavor, design, and all) to be served for dessert. My DW said I'll never be able to top that. So.... Game on!

I called Ama Ama at Aulani and asked if they had something similar. THey quoted a private 5-course dinner near the beach for $250 a person ($290 with wine pairings). By the time we tipped, this would be well over $700 for dinner! While I could probably fit that in the budget, I've never dreamed of paying that much for dinner and would only do it if it came HIGHLY recommended. The best meal I ever had was the chefs table at Napa rose, and that was half the price of this quoted meal! I'm thinking for that kind of money I could probably rent out a private boat and do dinner that way...lol.

Anyway...I would love any suggestions or ideas you may have. Thanks ahead of time for the advice!

PS...The kids will be going with us (one is under 3 and can't go to Aunties beach house) so I'm also looking for ideas on in room babysitting companies for that night. Has anyone used this service before and who would you recommend?

We are going for our 10 year Anniversary in May too! We are renewing our vows on the beach near Aulani. I did a lot of research of other companies besides Disney that do vow renewals. There are some packages that include vow renewal on the beach and tickets to a luau dinner and even a dinner cruise with vow renewal at sea.

Seriously, for that amount, could you do a private sunset cruise?? Prob not with a meal but at least drinks.....? I personally would rather have an activity than just a meal for that price.

there are so many incredible restaurants on Oahu, much better than Ama Ama (imho) that are going to be half that price
The first that come to mind are
Alan Wongs (amazing incredible food but no tropical view)
http://www.alanwongs.com/

Michaels at the colony Surf (on the beach and very, very romantic. They have a special events manager who will work with you for specific special details, like the cake)
http://michelshawaii.com/

upload_2017-3-31_13-54-31.png

Another idea is to see if anything appeals to you over at the Four Seasons

http://www.fourseasons.com/oahu/dining/?c=t&_s_icmp=mmenu

We are going to Roy's tonight. I have high hopes, but I'll post after dinner.

I loved Roys and we got to sit at the big table by the kitchen, but it was still just a dinner. It was great, the food was great, the service was great, but it was just a restaurant.

We've done top of waikiki - very overrated.

I think if i had the money to spend, I'd do a private sunset dinner / drinks cruise. Or arrange a private beach picnic in a secluded spot.

We walked to Roy's which is part of a golf resort down the block from Aulani. Pretty, but not really fancy. We ate outside, nestled in the golf course. We both had salads, native fish entrees (I had butterfish), a local mushroom side dish which was so delicious, I could have drank the sauce. Luckily there was no bread service at Roy's or we would have sopped it all up. One glass of wine & one cup of coffee. $200 including tip.

Wow - great advice so far everyone...thank you!! I'll start researching these and post additional questions!

I was going to also suggest dinner at Alan Wong's. Maybe get a limo to drive you to and from?

My friend did a vow renewal for her 25th, on the beach, but I wouldn't do one for a 10th. Plus, that's likely to be a couple thousand I would guess, with a musician and officiant.

We are going for our 10 year Anniversary in May too! We are renewing our vows on the beach near Aulani. I did a lot of research of other companies besides Disney that do vow renewals. There are some packages that include vow renewal on the beach and tickets to a luau dinner and even a dinner cruise with vow renewal at sea.

Congratulations! You must be back by now. I'd love more info on this. We're going for our 10th in November and I'm thinking about a vow renewal. The prices at Aulani are too much for just us and the 2 kids (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). What companies did you look at and how did it work out for you?

Hello! Can you please tell me the driving distance from Aulani to Alan Wongs? Is it truly worth it? We are leaving our kids for the evening and was contemplating the Four Seasons but this may be the way to go!

Congratulations! You must be back by now. I'd love more info on this. We're going for our 10th in November and I'm thinking about a vow renewal. The prices at Aulani are too much for just us and the 2 kids (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). What companies did you look at and how did it work out for you?

Thank you. I checked numerous websites until I found one that performed vow renewals within walking distance of Aulani. The minister and photographer met us at Secret Beach which is less than a 10 minute walk. Everything was amazing and the pictures are aabsolutely beautiful. People keep telling me they look like the cover of a magazine. And the price was only $449.00. We didn't add any extras. Rev. Bob contacted me several times before the big day and picked me up a lei for the ceremony and charged me at cost ($7.00). He wouldn't even take any gratuity. Our photographer was amazing and captured every moment perfectly. The company is called Hawaii Bridal Weddings. We did the KoOlina Vow Renewal Package.

Thank you. I checked numerous websites until I found one that performed vow renewals within walking distance of Aulani. The minister and photographer met us at Secret Beach which is less than a 10 minute walk. Everything was amazing and the pictures are aabsolutely beautiful. People keep telling me they look like the cover of a magazine. And the price was only $449.00. We didn't add any extras. Rev. Bob contacted me several times before the big day and picked me up a lei for the ceremony and charged me at cost ($7.00). He wouldn't even take any gratuity. Our photographer was amazing and captured every moment perfectly. The company is called Hawaii Bridal Weddings. We did the KoOlina Vow Renewal Package.

Thanks. That was one of two companies that looked best to me. They haven't returned my email though. I think we are going to do our vow renewal at the beginning of the trip when we're in Waikiki rather than at the end in Aulani. Then the whole trip will feel like a family honeymoon.

Secret Beach was gorgeous!! Would love to see a pic or two (if you post pictures of yourselves). Glad you had a great time.

We plan on going March 30th for 8 nights for our 10 year anniversary also and vow renewal with our two girls, 7 and 5. I had asked on another DVC page and people recommend a company called wed aloha. Their website is wedaloha.com I looked into it and sent them an inquiry for us, as their prices seemed really reasonable, unlike at Aulani.

Hi everyone! I haven't been on th boards for quite sometime but thought I'd give everyone an update on what we did for our 10 year anniversary. we ended up using the following business: https://www.yelp.com/biz/dining-on-the-beach-oahu-waialua

Her name is Lori Grace Lovelave and the business is called dining on the beach. She can be reached at 808-285-0205. She set up a private picnic area on the beach complete with custom table settings and flowers and a private hula show. It was absolutely amazing. And she had the food catered from a local restaurant. Highly recommend her services once things open back up in Hawaii. Ill try and see if I can post som pics on this post:

495420 495421495422495423495424495425495426495427495428495429

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!