1000 years in the future and your descendants, what would you say to them?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
1000 years in the future and your descendants, what would you say to them? If you could meet a grandchild from 1000 years in the future (year 3020) what would you ask them? What would you like them to know or remember about you or your family in the present? What is your hope for them in the future? What would you hope they would ask you? Just thought this would be a fun thread to post. :hourglass

1000 years in the future and your descendants, what would you say to them? If you could meet a grandchild from 1000 years in the future (year 3020) what would you ask them? What would you like them to know or remember about you or your family in the present? What is your hope for them in the future? What would you hope they would ask you? Just thought this would be a fun thread to post. :hourglass

If they have invented a time machine never go back to the year 2020

Last edited:

Probably the same thing I would say to a grandchild - sorry we left the earth in such a bad state for future generations. I seriously doubt humans will be living on the earth 1000 years from now!

I won’t have any direct descendants, or indirect (my sister also does not have children) so no reason to come back and offer advice. It would be interesting to see what the world is like then though.

So, 1,000 years is roughly 50 generations from me. That far removed I'm not sure DNA could determine we are even related, so not sure I would have anything in common with them to talk to them about.
My maternal Grandparents were Czechoslovakian. My Grandfather and his brothers scattered to all parts of the world as teens in the 1900-1910 range, some losing contact with each other for the rest of their lives. My Uncle and his wife in the 1990's went to the village my Grandfather was from. They hired a guide and actually found what are apparently my Uncle's First Cousins. They did fill in some unknown information about their parents but basically they didn't have a whole lot to talk about, I can't imagine 50 generations having anything in common.

We thought we had all the answers. We thought we were the final result that God had intended our species to achieve. We thought we could do no wrong. And then, we thought our forebearers had done everything wrong. We are as much a product of our times as you are of yours. Do not judge us so harshly. We thought we knew it all, but we really knew nothing at all. Remember that when you pass on your own legacy for the next 1000 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter