• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11/24-11/30 Reviews

c&ldisneylovers

Mouseketeer
This is my first restaurant reviews so be patient please….. :cool1: :cool1:

DH (30) BIG eater, believes eating is something you have to do, not an experience (i.e. wants food to arrive within 10 minutes of ordering it). Usually asks the waiter/waitress where the rest of his meal is (if the steak weighs less than 10 ounces it should be considered an appetizer. ) :earboy2:

Me, DW, (24) a grazer, would be happy if all meals consisted only of appetizers and dessert. princess:

Wednesday , Thursday and Friday - Universal Studios (see Universal Studios trip reports)

Friday (dinner) Whispering Canyon - This was the one meal DH requested. He wanted to be in the kissing contest :love: since we were celebrating our anniversary. Thankfully (for me) we were seated in the far corner of the restaurant away from all the action. Our waitress was mellow and did not put on a show for us. We both had the all you could eat skillet which was great. I love the cornbread and DH loved the different meats. He rated the pulled pork as the best non steak meat of the trip. We both left very full. Cost $55.00

Saturday (breakfast) Boardwalk Bakery - DH had the breakfast burrito and I had a cinnamon yummy (which was very yummy) and a banana. We both had coffee. Cost $12 :flower:

(dinner) Momma Melrose - Fantasmic Package
We got a Caesar salad to share (DH loved it) and a grilled chicken flat bread (this could have been my entire meal). DH ordered the sirloin steak which he thought was good but wanted to know what the waiter did with the rest of it. I ordered the chicken pipette which was huge. I was full before it arrived but DH helped me eat it. We got the tiramisu to go and ate it during Fantastic (okay I ate it). I thought the package was a good deal but didn’t realize drinks weren’t included. Cost $66

Sunday (breakfast) Donald’s Breakfastsaurus
We arrived at the AK about fifteen minutes before our PS and found it very confusing and stressful to get into the park before it actually opens. There was a special line just for people eating at Breakfastsaurus but there was a ton of people without PS’s standing in it. Thankfully the breakfast was worth the hassle. Our waiter was very friendly and quick bringing us drinks. He let us know when we first arrived that the characters would be in our section in about five minutes and suggested we wait until they came through to go through the buffet line. The selection was good and I enjoyed the fresh fruit and biscuits with sausage gravy while DH loved everything. Cost $36
(dinner) Cosmic Ray’s
We were at the MK for MVMCP and were starving. There was not many options for dinner so we ended up at the chicken counter right before they closed. DH ordered a half of rotisserie chicken meal with carrots and mashed potatoes. I ordered the chicken nugget kids meal with tater tots and apple sauce. I was thrilled to see something besides French fries and instant mashed potatoes. Cost $16

Monday (breakfast) Spoodles
We slept in and walked into Spoodles at 10:30 without a PS and were seated right away. DH ordered the Veggie Frittata (omelet) which he enjoyed. I ordered the American Breakfast. We each ordered coffee and our breakfast only came to $23.00. It was one of the cheapest meals of the trip.
(dinner) Rose and Crown Candlelight Processional Package. We originally had a PS for 7:10 but checked in at 6:00. We were seated within 5 minutes. DH ordered the Caesar salad, Steak with Prawns (even though we had no idea what prawns were…we don‘t have them in MaineJ) and the Sticky Toffee Pudding. He enjoyed the salad but wondered what happen to the other half of his steak. I ordered the Fruit and Cheese plate (yummy), roasted chicken (the sides were good and DH ate the chicken) and Crème Brulee. I also ordered a Woodpeckers Cider which was only $5.25. We both left stuffed and felt like it was a good deal.

Tuesday (breakfast) Boardwalk Bakery
I once again had the Cinnamon Yummy, banana and orange juice. DH had a bran muffin and milk. It was another great start to the day. Cost $9.00

(lunch) ABC Commissary.
DH and I walked all over the park looking for food we would both like. DH ended up ordering the Cuban Sandwich and I had the chicken nuggets kids meal (which came with fresh pineapple!!!) Cost $16.00

We also had numerous snacks…..some of the more memorable once were the cinnamon sugar covered almonds, pretzels, and cinnamon rolls from the bakery in the MK. DH also drank his weight in Mocha Java frosts.

Thanks for the reviews. Think I'll try a cinnamon yummy next week!

Enjoyed your reviews.

What is a mocha java frost???

I don't drink coffee but THAT sounds yummy!!!

Thanks for the reviews.

--penny

Here in the states, prawns mean shrimp. Sometimes there is an attempt to make them mean jumbo shrimp, but that is not an "official" term. Overseas, there is a shrimp-like crutacian that is a prawn.

Great reviews! We missed having breakfast at Spoodle's on our last visit. :sad1: Glad to see that it's still good. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter