11/5-11/9 HRH Review (Long)

fantasia73

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a long awaited trip to the HRH. We had a great time and for the most part, loved the HRH.

We arrived on Wednesday and were greeted at the front of the hotel by Bell Services who helped unload all of our luggage and put it onto a cart. They were very nice and helpful. We then self parked the car.

Check-in was fairly quick. I gave my Loews First Card and was told it was already marked on the reservation. No upgrades were available, but the guy said he could put us in connecting rooms and that one of the rooms was available (it was around 12:30), so that sounded good to us. I was sour that we were on the second floor (I wanted to be on the 5th floor or higher), but it ended up being fine since we were hardly ever in the room. We were fairly close to the elevators, so that was nice. I couldn't believe how crowded it was for the middle of October on a weekday.

The room itself was very nice. We liked the way it had been designed. It was hip, yet comfortable (if that's possible or even makes any sense). We had two queen beds that were very comfortable, though the pillows weren't the best that we ever slept on. The bathroom wasn't very big, but it was clean and the shower was AWESOME. Plenty of hot water and water pressure.

The room had a few things that kept it from being a pefect 10. There were two large purple stains on the carpet. Not a huge deal, but they were there. There were some chips out of the wall and some paint peeling. Again, not a huge deal, but still . . . Our view was supposed to be of the pool, but all we could really see was a palm tree and the shuffle board court. My parents had a much better view of the pool from next door, but we didn't end up spending much time looking out the window anyway (there were roller coasters to be ridden!!). I'd probably give the room about an 8.

Our Loews First service was pretty spotty. We had a paper every day, but my parents didn't. They never got a paper, not once. Neither room recieved their Loew's Welcome gift. We could have called and had it delivered, I'm sure, but we didn't bother since we were always so stuffed at night.

We only had the need to call "Star Service" once when a light bulb in the bathroom burned out. They were there fixing it within 5 minutes. So, that was fast service.

We never had time (or rather made time) to spend by the pool. My parents spent a couple of afternoons lounging by the pool. My father loved the pool and even went down the slide a couple of times. It was truly a beautiful pool and there was plenty of room to spread out.

The location of the Hard Rock Hotel was perfect. It was such a quick walk to the parks and the to Citywalk. We loved being able to "sleep in" and then just bop over the parks when we felt like it. It's nice not to have to drive or take a bus or a monorail.

There was a lot of music playing at the hotel (duh! it's the HRH) and we heard a lot of people complaining about it. This one woman was complaining that she didn't like loud music and had to wear ear plugs every time she went back to the hotel. We didn't find the music to be loud or obtrusive, but I guess it's all what you're used to. We were more disturbed by the man on the other side of room who snored non-stop during the night. During the afternoon, we heard plenty of bass coming from the pool area, but like I said, it didn't bother us. I'm a band teacher, so it would have to be loud and bad to annoy me!!

I can't really help on dining at the hotel, since we never ate there. We had stopped at the store on our first night there and got muffins and juice for breakfast and used the in-room coffee. For lunch we went to Happy Hour at Margaritaville (one great deal). Then we had dinner at a bunch of different places which I'll review at another time.

Overall, we are very glad that we stayed at the HRH. We paid $159 a night per room for pool view rooms. We thought that was pretty decent, considering that you have your Express Pass (front of the line access) for your entire stay. They never did charge us for parking (it ridiculous that they even charge for it in the first place).

I'll be happy answer any questions that you have . . .

Great report thanks for sharing whats the deal at lunchtime at Margritville:jester:

Happy Hour at Margaritavilla runs from 12:30-4:00 everyday. They have 2 for 1 margaritas, single well drinks, and beer. It was so hot while we were in Universal that it was very refreshing to grab some frozen margaritas at lunch. We usually ordered 1-3 appetizers and split them up as our lunch. The peel and eat shrimp was excellent, as well as the crab/shrimp/mushroom dip served with garlic toast. One order of the nachos was plenty for the four of us (well, not quite, but then we ordered dessert!). I forgot about the Jamaican wings, they were excellent too. For dessert my parents liked the chocolate banana bread pudding and we loved the chocolate cake. They give you a whopping huge piece of chocolate cake. On Saturday they had a pretty decent steel drum player/ singer providing entertainment. It was very relaxing and a nice break from the parks.

That chocolate cake is huge and my kids favorite!!! Thanks for the terrific review fantasia!

These reviews are making me hungry..... I have not had dinner yet!!!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter