$112 roundtrip??? HAD TO BOOK DISNEY - need park tix advice

Joe'sgirl

Mouseketeer
I have 4 kids and at no time have I ever seen airfare for all of us for less than $1200. Got an email about $97 roundtrip from MHT to MCO. Found airfare for $112 a person, called my husband and we BOOKED. Had no expectation of seeing WDW for YEARS and told are kids as much so this is HUGE. Staying at Pop, they guaranteed me 2 adjoining rooms. its a short trip, 3 nights and the travel days have us arriving at dinner time and departing early AM but its 2 whole days of Disney. We are not telling the kids til we wake up that morning and drive them to the airport:yay:
So given that, one would assume we should do 2 day park tickets. However, I would really like to try and do a park the night we arrive (we land at 5:30pm April 30th so you figure we won't be settled and ready to go anywhere til 7). Would you get 3 day park tickets and if so - park hopper? Anyone know of any discounts? We need 5 tickets (baby is 2 and won't need one - I think!). Is AAA a good discount? It probably seems silly to do park hop but we only have 2 days and maybe a night, I want to see as much as we can!!!!!!

That is fabulous! We use PVD airport so their tickets prices are similar to MHT. Since you only have two days I would actually get the hopper so you can see more of the parks. You are right that children under 3 do not need a park ticket. I would see if a park has EMH the night you land and try to partake in that as well. Even if you do just 3 rides, that is 3 less rides you have to do next time. Have fun!

You are not going to be able to save a whole lot on tickets for 2 or 3 days. Since you have time, you can sign up for the mousesavers.com newsletter. It will come out on March 15. It has a link in it to Undercover tourist which is a seller of tickets. You should be able to save a few dollars on each ticket, but you would need to buy at least a 3 day ticket. You can also just go to the undercover tourist site to see their prices and assume that the prices you can get via the newsletter will be a little lower than what is shown there.
AAA does sell tickets and there you can buy ticketsfor 2 days if that is what you want. You may save a few bucks on each ticket.

I have 4 kids and at no time have I ever seen airfare for all of us for less than $1200. Got an email about $97 roundtrip from MHT to MCO. Found airfare for $112 a person, called my husband and we BOOKED. Had no expectation of seeing WDW for YEARS and told are kids as much so this is HUGE. Staying at Pop, they guaranteed me 2 adjoining rooms. its a short trip, 3 nights and the travel days have us arriving at dinner time and departing early AM but its 2 whole days of Disney. We are not telling the kids til we wake up that morning and drive them to the airport:yay:
So given that, one would assume we should do 2 day park tickets. However, I would really like to try and do a park the night we arrive (we land at 5:30pm April 30th so you figure we won't be settled and ready to go anywhere til 7). Would you get 3 day park tickets and if so - park hopper? Anyone know of any discounts? We need 5 tickets (baby is 2 and won't need one - I think!). Is AAA a good discount? It probably seems silly to do park hop but we only have 2 days and maybe a night, I want to see as much as we can!!!!!!

Sounds to me like the 3 day MYW passes will work for you. And yes, if you want to see as much as you can, without overdoing it, get the hoppers. Hubby, son, and I will be there 3 days and 4 nights, so I got the 3 day FL resident MYW passes without the hoppers though. We arrive Sunday afternoon and will be spending that time in DownTown Disney. We'll take one day at AK and 2 at MK.
I've heard AAA has good prices, but I can't verify as I just purchase my tickets from the Disney website: Disney Tickets.

Good luck! Have fun! :wizard:

Got a pin code today - sealed the deal for us, got the park hoppers and the QS dining plan.

UPDATE - I will be updating from QS to the regular dining plan - we definitely plan one TS so the out of pocket would cost more than the upgrade. We would also get 3 TS each which means character dining for the girls!

Awesome! We just got under 160 RT from Providence and I thought that was a deal!LOL $112 is just NUTS! Congrats!! (and that's also why we're going - cheap tix, good Shades of Green prices and good military prices)

Congrats on all your success getting a pin and rooms!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We once had tickets with Southwest for less than $400 total for the four of us!!

Then Katrina hit and a couple days before the tip and they had to close the NO airport. No trip that time or did we drive. I don't remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter