11th trip to Disney 1st trip on-site!!

myhappyplace1

Earning My Ears
Well let me begin this pre-trip report by saying I am new on this site. I have been planning our trip and came across this site and have been glued to everyones stories. It's like a good book I can't put down!! I love love love everyones detailed pre-trip reports and trip reports.

We will be going to Disney in August!! Can't wait. I tried to keep this a secret from my children, which we have successfully done when they were younger on multiple occasions, but as they get older it is not as easy. They like to pack their own stuff, make sure they have everything they need. I have kept it a secret up until now. I have been getting so excited as we get closer, that I keep talking about Disney and they figured me out. Oh well, It's ok, now we can all be excited. When ever I want to be happy I look at the Disney web sites and escape to "my happy place", which is where I got my screenname from. Back to our plans - We will be staying at POR This will be my 11th visit to Disney and my 1st stay on-site. I hear once you have stayed on site, you will always want to stay on site. Somehow, I believe that. I have not seen too many trip reports on POR. If anyone knows of any, please point me in the right direction. I would love to read other peoples stories and see pictures!!

Cast of characters

Me - 43 - Wife, Mother, Disney lover, trip planner,
DH - 43 - accepts my crazy disney madness. Loves these trips!!! This year I am going to get him to wear Disney stuff!!
DD - 15 - 8th visit to Disney, loves Tinker Bell and gets just as excited as I do.
DS - 13 - 8th visit to Disney shares our enthusiasm for all things Disney.
DS - 9 - 5th visit to Disney - He is my secret Disney partner. We sit around at night and say "ok lets talk Disney". We are so excited for this trip. It has been 3 years since our last visit and we are pumped!! As we progress closer to our trip date I will fill you in on what is going on in our trip planning. I will also go over my ADRs and ask for your opinions, if I did a good job on the restaurants!. Here are pictures of us.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Picture487-1.jpg

My beautiful children

Picture433-1.jpg

Your kids are beautiful:flower3: I was so excited to read your story because I am planning my families first trip and wondering if we should stay on or off site? What made you choose to stay on property this time(if you don't mind me asking):rainbow:

You are going to LOVE staying onsite. There is nothing else like it. It is like the magic never ends! I honeymooned at POR back in 1997. It is charming. Fulton`s General Store is one of the largest and best-stocked resort stores in all of WDW. When you arrive, try and request a room closer to the bus stop (trust me, your feet will thank you at the end of long days in the parks). And be sure to drop by the hotel`s bar one night when the piano player is entertaining - even your kids should enjoy this. Don`t let the `bar`concept sway you, it is a great little spot for the whole family to unwind together and hear some amazing music - the whole crowd gets into it!

Boatwright`s is a quaint restaurant for a table service meal...are you doing the dining plan We LOVE the DP, it really does save you lots of money in the long run.

Have a wonderful time!

To IrishSharon
Thank you for the compliment!! Well we have stayed off site every time we have gone before. Economically it served us better at the time, we would stay at a time share and we would usually travel with extended family, which made it easier to all stay in a 2 bedroom condo. Where we could buy our own food and cook it and save money. You should price it out. Price out your room, rental car, food, gas, parking fee in the parks, airfare and park tickets. Then go on Disney and price out a package. Right now they have the free meal deal. The reason we finally chose to stay on site is because of people always telling us how great it is and that we should definately try it at least once. When I priced it out, I actually did better, we got the free meal deal, plus no rental car, which means no gas or parking fees. We are using the shuttle system Disney offers. The meal deal is such a great bonus. Let me know what you decide. Thanks for writing.

To sly1971
Thanks for the advice!! We do have the meal deal. Boatwrights is one of our ADRs. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I have heard about the piano guy, and I was just telling my husband about that last night, and then you wrote about it, so we will definately check that out. Thanks for the advice about the rooms to try and get. I will keep that in mind, when I do online check in. Thanks for writing!!

So we are down to the last week. Everyone is starting to get in vacation mode. Got the suitcases out! On our previous trips, I would pack everything into my one big suitcase. Now as my children get older, they all want their own suitcases, Actually, my 15 yo DD is the most verbal about this, "There is no way I am putting all my stuff in with you guys". She says. So much drama with 15 yo girls!! When does it end! We will be flying Southwest this time for the first time. We usually take Jetblue, which is nice with the tv's for the kids. Now I have to make sure I have all their electronic gadgets charged and ready to go for this trip! God forbid they read a book!! Southwest is located at a much closer airport, so we decided to try it out. Here are some pics from our 2007 trip. Excuse the dates. Camera was not set right.
pic53-2.jpg

pic66-2.jpg

pic24-1.jpg

Looking at these pictures get me so excited. Can't wait to new pictures when I start my trip report. I will check back later in the week once we really start packing and leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter