12/6 - 12/12 - Dinning repport from our invasion (UPDATED)

DisLUV

DIS Veteran
Well we are back and don't want to be. Had some of our best meals of any disney trip this time so I wanted to share the Highlights. There really were no low lights, just some average resturants.

12/6 - Boma for Dinner
-Had a P.S. and was seated at exactly our P.S. time. This was a first time at this resturant for us. I enjoy trying different things so this was my kinda place. Now there were somethings i didnt like as much as others but it was all made ok by the Dessert Bar. I know that yall talk about Zebra Domes. And I assumed I would like them but now I am sitting here wishing I had a plate full. MAN THOSE MADE MY MEAL. Overall a good resturant.

12/7 - CRT for breakfast
- Casey's for Lunch
- Le Cellier for Dinner (Candelight Processional)

Let me start by saying what a GREAT day. First we started with CRT. I had ate here for lunch on a previous trip and thought it was just OK. Well let me tell you that I TOTALLY enjoyed this meal. Our server was DAVID (Highly recommended) and the breakfast was awsome. I must confess I ate 2 plates. And the princesses spent alot of time at each table and they made my little Abbymouse feel veryl relaxed.

Lunch at Caseys is always a good Hotdog:-) And then we had dinner at Le Cellier for our Candlelight Processional Dinner. Our P.S. was for 4:20 and we were still sitting at the bus stop at POFQ at 4:20. Now that would have been a problem for most people, so you guessed it we are freaking out. We finally get to Le Cellier at 5:00 thats right 5:00, and we are prepared to hear them say SORRY you have lost your PS and your money. Instead we hear "Lets us see what we can do." 5 min later the manager comes over and tell us she has told the chef we are running late and he says he will put a rush on our food so we have time to get to our CP at 6:45. And so that we do not rush too much, if we find we do not have time for dessert, we can run by after CP and be seated just for our dessert. WOW what nice people. I am moving to CANADA. Anyway the food was good as always. This was our 3rd time in 3 trips to eat there. I got the Cheese soup (YUMM) and wife got the Tomatoes. For main course, I got the NY strip and DW got the Fillet. Both perfect. DD got chicken tenders since she is 2. We then went to the CP with Jim Caviesel (I can't spell) as the narrator and it was soo good I am gonna have to make another thread for it.

12/8 - 1900 Park Fare for Dinner

We ate at the ABC commisary for lunch and found it really average. But for dinner we had the CD at 1900 Park Fare. What a great and Fresh resturant. There were 9 of us eating and each of us found something that we loved. Highlights= strawberry soup, Mashed Sweet and Russett potatoes (combined), and various tarts for dessert. WOW WONDERFUL.. And again the characters spent much time at each resturant.

That is all I can type for today. I will finish my review tomorrow

12/9 - Pecos Bill's - Lunch
- Ohana's - Dinner

First let me say that we love Pecos Bill's. It is our Fav counter service resturant. The toppings bar is sooooo unbelieveable. I love to fix my burger and eat it then take my fries up there for their own fixin. MMMMM Cheese.

Then we ate dinner at Ohana's. I know that peoples opinion of this place has varried on the DIS, but let me say that we totally enjoyed this experience. THe skewers of meat were tasty (eps the turkey and steak) and the we could have made a meal of the sides. And the dessert of Pineapple and Caramel was the perfect ending.

12/10 - California Grill - Dinner

First of all let me say that the over all experience at CG was very good. My problem was that i had made it to be something more in my head before I got there. I expected a FULL sushi menu and alot of other choices and that is not what the CG is about. If you are a sushi lover please get the California Rolls and eat one for me. They are the best California Rolls I have ever had. My wife again got the Fillet (see atrend here, she is a fillet girl) and I got the roasted bass on rice with a wine reduction. Here fillet was great but I did not enjoy my fish. It was too fishy. Now you are probably saying it is fish dummy of course it is fishy. But this was too fishy for me.

Then it was time for dessert. And let me tell you .... ORDER THE CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE. Anything that is a Cake outside and hot fudge inside has gotta be good and it was!!!!

Ok I gotta go back and teach so I will post our last day soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter