15th Annual DVC CHRISTMAS Tree Exchange-BLT, BWV, SSR, VGF

sarahk0204

DIS Veteran
WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL DVC CHRISTMAS TREE EXCHANGE!

:santa:

Since 2003, DVC DISers have been sharing Christmas trees and spreading a little Holiday Magic. As we did last year, we will have separate coordinators for each resort. I will list the coordinators and link the threads here.

There are just 4 resorts this year. Is yours one of the lucky ones?

Please see the next thread to see what donating, coordinating, and sharing involve.

Here is where the individual resort threads will be linked as they become available.

AKV

BLT Coordinator and Donor wisbucky Thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-blt-christmas-sharing-tree.3639766/

BCV

BWV Coordinator and Donor dgaston Thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-holiday-tree.3624328/

OKW

PVB

SSR Coordinator and Donor sarahk0204 Thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/ssr-christmas-tree-sharing-thread.3639720/

VGF Coordinator SpaceMountain77 Thread here (same thread since 2013!): https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...ial-vgf-holiday-tree-exchange-thread.3162428/

VWL

:santa::santa::santa:

Last edited:
DONORS:

The tree should be decorated, 2-1/2 to 3 feet (no bigger than 4 feet, please). Trees can be themed to the resort (ie “beachy” for BCV, “woodsy” for VWL), but don'’t have to be.

Even a basic pre-lit tree works fine. It just adds a nice touch to the room. :thumbsup2

Under the direction of the resort coordinator, you'll send the tree to the resort (via UPS or FedEx) to the attention of the first person. It will then be passed to other members and shipped back to you.

My tree has visited WDW several times, even some years when I did not visit. :rotfl2:

You should include some ornaments, lights, extension cord(s), a list of families (in addition to the one on the box), an envelope for shipping money donations, tape and a marker. Optionally you can include gifts for each family and a return shipping label (prepaid if you can).

COORDINATORS:

You may also be donating a tree, but you don'’t have to. (Although without a tree, you would have nothing to coordinate! :) ) We need a person for each resort who takes the names and dates of everyone who wants to share the tree. Coordinators then make a schedule/spreadsheet to create the lists that go with the trees to show who shares when.

Most coordinators start a thread and take names on a first come, first served basis. :thumbsup2

TREE FAMILIES:

PM the coordinator or reply to the RESORT thread to get your name on the list to share in a tree.

Pick up the tree at Bell Services on the day of arrival after 11 am. There will be a envelope for donations in each tree box to help with shipping the trees to and from the resorts.

Please drop the tree off on the date of your departure at 11 am with Bell Services for the next family. Cross your name off the list on the outside of the tree box. Many families also add an ornament to the tree.

When dropping the tree off with Bell Services, please point out to the CM who the next family that will be picking up the tree. Also, get the name of the CM who you left the tree with.

Occasionally, a tree is misplaced by a CM. Please don't spend your vacation tracking down the tree. Allow Bell Services to look for you!

NOTE: THE DAY YOU PICK A TREE MAY NOT BE THE DAY YOU ARRIVE. THE DAY YOU DROP OFF A TREE MAY NOT BE THE DAY YOU CHECK OUT. This is to share the trees with the greatest number of families.

Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks for sharing in a little Holiday Magic. :santa::santa::santa:

Last edited:
Will the new resort package handling fee affect trees?

I am not sure. The $5 fee at every Disney resort applies to packages picked up from the front desk or delivered to the room. I think that at resorts without a business center, the tree box is picked up at the front desk by the first family. All remaining exchanges go through Bell Services. Resorts with a business center already have a fee for picking up and dropping off a package, so this would be similar. We won't know until trees actually arrive, but I would plan on the first family paying a $5 fee.

I am willing to coordinate and donate 2 pre-lit trees with trimmings for BWV again.

There is a business center at BWV only open Monday thru Friday so tree families will need to keep that in mind as they make their plans.

I also strongly suggest using a car, Lyft, or Uber to return the tree off property to avoid business center costs.

I am willing to coordinate and donate 2 pre-lit trees with trimmings for BWV again.

There is a business center at BWV only open Monday thru Friday so tree families will need to keep that in mind as they make their plans.

I also strongly suggest using a car, Lyft, or Uber to return the tree off property to avoid business center costs.

Wow...that is so nice of you! I will be hoping to share one of your trees this year!

That's so great, Bobbi! Here's a picture of one of the trees. It was briefly at the Polynesian.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 76
I just showed DH the picture, he thinks it's very pretty and appropriate for BWV!

Yay!!!

Shipping trees back has become a little more complicated. With the fee for shipping a package to any resort (not just those with a business center), I wonder how long it will be before shipping a package back becomes more complicated than a prepaid label and a hand off to Bell Services. In resorts without a business center, that process was super easy. We shall have to see how things go this year.

At BWV the Business Center costs were easily triple the cost of driving to the mailing center on Apopka-Vineland. I forget whether it's UPS or Fedex.

Looked it up -- it's Fedex. According to Google, there's also a Fedex desk at the Hilton on Hotel Blvd, but I don't know about their rates.

Last edited:
At BWV, Bell Services has hung unto the tree for some time. One year we had a family cancel, but not let us know, and Bell Services kept the tree for at least a week.
HTH

Can I ask what happens when there is a gap between families? Will bell services hold something for several days?

Yes, we have had many instances with gaps. Bell Services has been great. The last couple of years they have issued a claim check for the tree. If the family handling off takes a picture of the claim check and gets that image to the next person on the list, exchanging goes more smoothly.

20882897_1648596128497563_1991564017842581118_n.jpg

This was the first share we participated in, in 2010 at SSR.

Last edited:
I would be happy to be a coordinator for BLT. We will be arriving at BLT on November 21, 2017 so it would be easy for us to start the tree off. I am just in need of a tree. However; I am looking and asking family members if they have one to donate. If I come up with one I will let you know.

I would be happy to be a coordinator for BLT. We will be arriving at BLT on November 21, 2017 so it would be easy for us to start the tree off. I am just in need of a tree. However; I am looking and asking family members if they have one to donate. If I come up with one I will let you know.

Yay! I will put you down as a tentative yes. Please keep me posted. Thank you!

Looks like I may have found a tree from a family member. I need to see it first before I can give a definite answer on saying I have one. I believe they will also have lights and some ornaments for it.

Less than 3 months until Christmas!

If wisbucky can come up with a tree for BLT, I will share mine at OKW or SSR, depending on demand.

Anyone else want to coordinate and/or donate a tree? Pretty slim pickings. Should this be the last year? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!