17 year olds in adult areas and activities

Jenlynn3

Mouseketeer
My DD will be 17 at the time of sailing in July. Is she allowed to be in the Cove cafe, Adult Anyone Can Cook, any day time adult activities or the Spa/Rainforest room? We sailed on the Fantasy 5 years ago, she did a spa treatment with me. My girls got bored in the Vibe half way through the cruise, they just felt the activities were repetitive.

Last edited:
No for Cove Café....that is 18 and up. The adult lounges are for 18 and older after 9:00 pm. I don't know about the SPA as I don't usually go. Adult Anyone Can Cook is supposed to be 18 and older as well as Palo Brunch and Dinner.

MJ

My DD will be 17 at the time of sailing in July. Is she allowed to be in the Cove cafe, Adult Anyone Can Cook, any day time adult activities or the Spa/Rainforest room? We sailed on the Fantasy 5 years ago, she did a spa treatment with me before the Chill Spa came along. My girls got bored in the Vibe half way through the cruise, they just felt the activities were repetitive.
MJ gave good advice. The Spa is also 18 and over only. From the DCL website:
  • The Senses Spa & Salon is reserved for Guests 18 years of age and older.

That's why they have the Chill Spa, for younger guests:

Designed exclusively for Guests 13 through 17 years of age

a parent or guardian must accompany Guests 13 to 17 years of age for the duration of the treatment

On our last cruise I was surprised how many parents took babies and toddlers into Cove in the mornings. We would sit outside Cove every morning and watch people bring their kids in. Not sure what was said (if anything) once they were in there.

MJ

We just got back from a cruise we took our daughter and her three friends, all 16/17years old. The barista at the the Cove said tha the four teens could slip in to order their coffees, but they would have to take them to go. Not sure what DCL would say, but the barista was nice about it.

MJ gave good advice. The Spa is also 18 and over only. From the DCL website:
  • The Senses Spa & Salon is reserved for Guests 18 years of age and older.

That's why they have the Chill Spa, for younger guests:

Designed exclusively for Guests 13 through 17 years of age

a parent or guardian must accompany Guests 13 to 17 years of age for the duration of the treatment
I wonder if before the Chill Spa came along if that’s why she was allowed in the Spa with me. She really wants to experience the Rainforest Room too. She has fine dining taste. Does anyone know how much the smoothies are?

On our last cruise I was surprised how many parents took babies and toddlers into Cove in the mornings. We would sit outside Cove every morning and watch people bring their kids in. Not sure what was said (if anything) once they were in there.

MJ
They have a coffee bar in the Vibe I think, if I read correctly.

We just got back from a cruise we took our daughter and her three friends, all 16/17years old. The barista at the the Cove said tha the four teens could slip in to order their coffees, but they would have to take them to go. Not sure what DCL would say, but the barista was nice about it.

I can understand the Barista wanting to be nice to the girls but it does send a confusing message that the 18 and older is only a guideline and not a rule.

MJ

Do they pull teenager-looking types aside and card them if they see them hanging around the adults-only area? I don't know how else you'd know the difference between a 17-year-old and an 18-year-old.

Not meaning to sound rude, but...........the adult only areas are for those of us that are 18+. 17 year old teenagers are not adults. Please respect the rules and obey them. And if your teenager was allowed to sneak something by a CM, please don't brag about it if it is against the rules. That sends out mixed messages for those of us that are trying to inform people of the rules. (Yeah, you ran a stop sign and didn't get a ticket, so it is OK to run stop signs).

Do they pull teenager-looking types aside and card them if they see them hanging around the adults-only area? I don't know how else you'd know the difference between a 17-year-old and an 18-year-old.
Yes, yes they do. Our 19 year old son was carded for the first 3 days on one of our cruises in Quiet Cove until the CMs there got to know him.

MJ

Was this the one in Oct? I think I was on your cruise and noticed the same thing.

Do they have another location to get the same drink?

Cabanas has the coffees at the bar, as well. Anyone can go there, too.

i didn't see any espresso based coffees in cabanas and didn't find vista cafe on wonder in 2016 (walking the ship or on the deck plans). Where is it located on magic and wonder?

if cove cafe is the only morning option for real coffee and there is no place to leave kids when people buy a coffee to go - then i don't see how children can be avoided there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter