1900 Park Fare vs Chef Mickey

1900 park fair has the best food. Chef Mickeys food is, yukIt's the best word I can think of. The service has always been just as bad as the food. Years ago we got sick from the shrimp. Now if these the only two you are thinking of, Chef Mickeys if you have boys. 1900 Park fair for girls. We like Garden Grill in Epcot for our Micky mouse fix and love the food❤️

I have been to Chef Mickey and 1900 park fare, and can’t complain, the service was always excellent. One of my kids has multiple food allergies, so maybe that warranted extra attention for us? I would pick it based on which character your family would be most interested in. Chef Mickey is typical breakfast stuff, 1900 park fare does have their famous strawberry soup if I’m not mistaken right? I got full before I found it to try when I was there.

Park Fare does have better food. I never hated Chef Mickey's, though.
Because Park Fare has "real" people as characters, the interaction is much, much better. It also doesn't feel as chintzy as Chef Mickey's, which features napkin swinging and dancing around mixed in with rushed character interactions. I hope to return to Park Fare for our 4th time during an upcoming trip, while I will probably not ever return to Chef Mickey's.

And yes, the Strawberry Soup is at Park Fare.

If you have to meet the Fab 5 then CM otherwise 1900. I have loved 1900 Park Fare since we ate there on our 2nd trip and when the stepsisters found out that I was a single father and they had an argument about who was going to marry me and what school they were sending my daughter to.

1900 has a wonderful selection of food and the character interaction is very good! I'd choose 1900PF for overall experience!

Great to read this also...trying 1900 PF out for breakfast ourselves this week and I'll try to report back!

In Feb we did both — but Chef Mickeys for breakfast and 1900 PF for dinner. I thought both were really good. I see bad reviews regarding food for CM on here and maybe it’s more for dinner? I had eggs, potatoes, salmon, and a bunch of other stuff. Both a lot of fun but very different. I’d do both!

Breakfast food is breakfast food at most places. Chef Mickeys is much more fun for kids.

1900 PF. Food is better. Character interaction is better. If you want Mickey, go to CM. However, it's often dirty, crowded, and with mediocre food.

I haven't eaten at Chef Mickeys but we just recently eaten at 1900. I thought the food was really good and the character interaction was great. The Mad Hatter cracked me up. He was too funny. I expected it to be a stiff dining experience but the four of us absolutely loved it.

Food at 1900 Park Fare is much better. For a Character Meal, it really comes down to what characters do you want to meet. If you want the main 5 - Chef Mickeys. If not, 1900 is much better.

If you have to meet the Fab 5 then CM otherwise 1900. I have loved 1900 Park Fare since we ate there on our 2nd trip and when the stepsisters found out that I was a single father and they had an argument about who was going to marry me and what school they were sending my daughter to.
:lmao: Thats funny! I love the step sisters. They're hilarious. But the OP wanted to know about breakfast. Not dinner. :)

I do agree that i'd pick 1900 PF over CM for breakfast. Food is better. I personally dont care for the characters at 1900 though. I like the fab 5 at CM better. Honestly i agree with the other poster who suggested Garden Grill for bfast. Love that place! Food is fresh and delish. Characters are too darn cute. Love chip & dale.

1900 park fare hands down! I've eaten at both for breakfast and not only is the food better at Park fare but you won't have to wait until like 45 minutes after you've eaten to meet the characters like Mickey like you do at Chef Mickey's. Well at least that was my experience. I had an over all better experience at 1900 Park fare.

I would make my choice based on what characters you want to meet. I have been to both and they are different, but both are okay for breakfast. I enjoy the characters at 1900 at breakfast tiem so that would be my choice, but if you want the Fab 5, go for CM.

Another vote for 1900. Chef Mickeys is very loud (which is fine for kids), but we found that the buffet lines were very poorly tended. Food slopped all over the place and a generally unkempt and unappetizing experience. The food is better at 1900 and it is spotlessly presented. The character interaction is great at both. Chef Mickey's was a one and done for us, but we return every year to 1900.

Reporting back from our 1900 PF Breakfast on Wed Sept 26th. We had an 8:20am reservation and arrived just before that. We were seated quickly at a table near the front of the entrance to the restaurant. Yes the tables are definitely close together, so picture taking has challenges. We would get the characters to move closer to the doorway for our photos, although Pooh couldn't seem to get the message for us. The interactions were good. The characters seemed a bit slow to come around and I was initially concerned we wouldn't see them all until we were done.

As for the food, the omelet station was great, and the omelets weren't so big that I didn't have room for other food. I didn't try the eggs benedict. They had some decent fruit selections so I filled up on watermelon too. I wish Disney restaurants had a decent sausage gravy but alas they do not. I had some bread pudding that was very good and some other dessert that now I can't recall...but it was good. We did not try the soup...but my DH especially ate his weight in tater tots. Everybody enjoyed the meal and the service was fine, though quite slow to clear plates and we weren't eating that fast. Bonus was the final photo outside with Tigger...love me some Tigger.

I would definitely return here as a less hustle and bustle place to meet Tigger and Pooh but we will continue to do Chef Mickey's because...Mickey and friends of course! We prefer brunch there over all other meals.

In Feb we did both — but Chef Mickeys for breakfast and 1900 PF for dinner. I thought both were really good. I see bad reviews regarding food for CM on here and maybe it’s more for dinner? I had eggs, potatoes, salmon, and a bunch of other stuff. Both a lot of fun but very different. I’d do both!
If you are unable to do both and had to pick one, which would you pick - Brunch at CM or Dinner at 1900? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter