1st or 2nd Floor Studios

BethanyF

DIS Veteran
I am probably in the minority, but I really prefer first floor rooms. Our 7 month window is coming up this week and I am prioritizing what I am going to try for with the points I have available.
I'm going to do a split stay, but we're leaving property for 1 night to visit family. When we return for the last 2 nights it will either be OKW on points or Port Orleans on cash

So, for my first 4 nights these are my thoughts...

VGF...I can dream, right?
BWV...but only a Boardwalk View (last time we asked for a low floor near the lobby and I ended up at the far end on the 4th floor. I laughed that we were closer to ToT's lobby than BWV's)
BLT...not going to use the points for a MK view, so I'm assuming lake view would be the way to go for a 1st or 2nd floor studio
AKV...was just here in December, loved it, but a change would be good
BCV...also stayed here in December.
VWL..I really don't know much about VWL, but I've seen pics and the décor doesn't thrill me.
SSR...my home resort, and I love it, but we want to try other places.
OKW...as much as I love OKW, I am not a huge fan of 2 bed studios. I really like having the sofa. Granted, my son would prefer having a real bed ;)

So, please tell me about your experience/luck with getting lower floor rooms. Thanks.

BLT - All of the 1st & 2nd flr villas will be classified as standard view. It's unlikely that any of those will be available at 7 months, but as you say - a girl can dream, right?

BWV - Unlikely that Boardwalk view villas will be available at 7 months here, either, but again ........ :)

VGF - I actually think your chances of getting a villa here are better than at BLT or BWV if you book right at 7 months. Appears there are a lot more rooms declared to DVC than there are members right now. Looks like there will be at least 2nd flr villas here and it seems that most people want high floors, so the chances of you getting your request are better than they otherwise might be.

Have no experience with the others, but I'm sure others will chime in.

one more question that might change my choice....which of these studios would be most spacious to have a twin blow-up mattress on the floor.
We just decided today to invite our 14 year old niece to join us. My son is 15. They are way beyond the age of cousins sharing a bed, LOL. That stopped about 10 years ago.

(no over-capacity issues, we'll only be 4 people in the room)

one more question that might change my choice....which of these studios would be most spacious to have a twin blow-up mattress on the floor.
We just decided today to invite our 14 year old niece to join us. My son is 15. They are way beyond the age of cousins sharing a bed, LOL. That stopped about 10 years ago.

(no over-capacity issues, we'll only be 4 people in the room)

Not BLT for sure. Too small.

I figured that about BLT (for anyone who knows who I am, you know I walked thru the model multiple times a day for a few years). But I was thinking maybe the hallway area would work. Or, if worse came to worse, one could sleep on the couch instead of pulling out the bed and the other on the blow-up on the floor.
And I just discovered that VGF has one of those trundle beds that drops from the entertainment center. My niece is quite petite, so she'll fit in it no problem. More reason to cross my fingers for VGF

I figured that about BLT (for anyone who knows who I am, you know I walked thru the model multiple times a day for a few years). But I was thinking maybe the hallway area would work. Or, if worse came to worse, one could sleep on the couch instead of pulling out the bed and the other on the blow-up on the floor.
And I just discovered that VGF has one of those trundle beds that drops from the entertainment center. My niece is quite petite, so she'll fit in it no problem. More reason to cross my fingers for VGF

The access to the bathroom and kitchenette would be blocked with an airbed in the hallway.

The BLT studio is really too small for four full sized people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter