1st Stay at VWL

tigefan

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. We've been DVC members for a few years now and have stayed at the AKV and mostly the BCV. We are so excited about our first stay at VWL during the last week of March.

I need some advice regarding our room request. We are in a one-bedroom. The one thing we really, really want is a nice balcony instead of a patio. Are all the balconies pretty similar? Is there something else we should add? It would be nice to be close to the main pool or the busses. I understand the views don't differ much? I don't know anything about the layout of the resort so I welcome your advice. Thanks!!

If you appreciate architectural details, then you may want to request the 5th floor. The vaulted ceiling and enclosed balcony, affording a roofline view, are truly spectacular.

These photos can be found on the Allears.net page:

http://allears.net/acc/g_wlv.htm

Hello everyone. We've been DVC members for a few years now and have stayed at the AKV and mostly the BCV. We are so excited about our first stay at VWL during the last week of March.

I need some advice regarding our room request. We are in a one-bedroom. The one thing we really, really want is a nice balcony instead of a patio. Are all the balconies pretty similar? Is there something else we should add? It would be nice to be close to the main pool or the busses. I understand the views don't differ much? I don't know anything about the layout of the resort so I welcome your advice. Thanks!!
Correct. The views don't differ too much. Certainly, the architectural details are nice on the 5th floor; however, if you don't care for an "enclosed" balcony, then you might go a floor or two lower. (In essence, you can't sit on your balcony and see anything with those 5th floor balconies--you have to stand.) Beyond that enclosed feature, all the balconies are roughly the same unless you get on the bottom floor. We always request a pool/courtyard view on floors 2 through 4. Though the main view is of trees, we've often been able to see the EWP on the lake (if not, just walk to the beach), and we usually can see the higher explosions of Wishes, as well. The bus stops sit between the Villas and the main Lodge, so no issues there. As for the main pool, it is very short walk there from the Villas; however, the Villas building has its own pool and hot tub, alas with no slide for the kids. Have fun!

Thanks so much for the advice. I think we'll request the pool/courtyard view on a middle floor. Sounds perfect...

Thanks so much for the advice. I think we'll request the pool/courtyard view on a middle floor. Sounds perfect...
That should work well for you. Not being on the 5th floor means you won't have the vaulted ceilings, but you will have an open balcony. Further, by requesting closer to the pool and courtyard, hopefully you won't get the sometimes mentioned dumpster view that the last couple of rooms at the end of the Villas building provide. I've had one of those rooms before, though to be fair, even that wasn't awful--we just looked away from it! ;) I sincerely hope you enjoy your time at VWL. It's quiet, serene, and cozy with plenty of things to do from renting a bike to walking over to FW to watching a movie on the beach. Enjoy! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter