1st time at FW: So when do you/can you check in?

Roadtirement

Earning My Ears
Been reading lots of threads here. Good stuff. Our first time at Fort Wilderness will be Nov 1st. When can you check in? I've seen references to 6 am up to "official" check in at 3. When we need to arrive will make a difference in our travel plans. We do have reservations, but has our site already been assigned? I have seen posts about requesting certain Loops. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am new to this also. We will be at FW in March so I am no expert but I will add my two cents .... official check in is at 3 and your site may or may not be ready prior but if it is they will let you in or you can see where it is at and then see if you want to change to another site that is unoccupied. Do you have your own RV or are you renting one? I hear you can park your trailer in the lot and go to the parks and come back later when your site is available. As far as the loop.... it all depends what ‘level’ preferred? Premium? Your site is. And what you prefer... near comfort station, near the pool, not by anything, near store...soooo I do not know if this helped or not but if you could, when you get back home stop back here and let me know what you wished you knew before hand. There are a lot of good people on this site, they are very helpful

I am new to this also. We will be at FW in March so I am no expert but I will add my two cents .... official check in is at 3 and your site may or may not be ready prior but if it is they will let you in or you can see where it is at and then see if you want to change to another site that is unoccupied. Do you have your own RV or are you renting one? I hear you can park your trailer in the lot and go to the parks and come back later when your site is available. As far as the loop.... it all depends what ‘level’ preferred? Premium? Your site is. And what you prefer... near comfort station, near the pool, not by anything, near store...soooo I do not know if this helped or not but if you could, when you get back home stop back here and let me know what you wished you knew before hand. There are a lot of good people on this site, they are very helpful

Thanks so much for the reply! We have our own RV, a class C. Our reservation is for a Full hook-up site. We'll be able to be flexible on our arrival time now that I know that we can get in prior to 3. Close to a bus stop is probably our top choice, however it sounds like all site are within an easy walking distance.

Thanks so much for the reply! We have our own RV, a class C. Our reservation is for a Full hook-up site. We'll be able to be flexible on our arrival time now that I know that we can get in prior to 3. Close to a bus stop is probably our top choice, however it sounds like all sites are within an easy walking distance.

When can you check in? I've seen references to 6 am up to "official" check in at 3

1) You can check-in at ANY resort at 6:05am.
2) Your room-site-cabin might not be ready for occupancy, but you can check-in.
. . . The earlier you check-in, the better your chance at a "primo" location.
. . . If you don't like what was assigned to you, there is a GREAT chance at changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter