1st Timers at WDW

BUZZ'SMOM

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Love the discussion boards. Since we are 1st timer's to WDW (Me, Fiancee, SM (17), SS(14) and SA(6), I have been logging on to acquire as much info as possible. Of course, planning can be so overwhelming and confusing...

We are planning to do 2 days WDW, 2 days Universal and 1 day Water Park or Downtown. Our vacaction begins May 22 til Memorial Day when we will have to come back to Reality Land. I just know I will return wishing we had stayed longer. Anyway, I just had a few general questions:

Is Disney and MGM one park or separate parks? They always seem to be mentioned together.
Did anyone ever stay at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. Is it worth the $129 a night?
I realize with warm weather come the bugs. Are there mosquitoe and bee issues down in FL?
Is it worth becoming a Disney Club member if I am staying off-site?
Since Orlando seems to be such a HOT SPOT, are there really any good deals on rental cars?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated from all you WDW experts! Gosh, you guys are really lucky to be able to visit as often as you do!:confused:

oooooh, you have tons of research to do!

Walt Disney World is comprised of 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom) as well as 3 water parks.

I've never stayed at the Family Suites.

Mosquitos are a problem in Florida, though I can't say I've had trouble with bees in Orlando. It's ultra important to take bug spray with you. I've been to WDW in May 3 times and you will need it.

Hang out on the DIS and you'll find the answers to all of your questions. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Welcome to the Dis Buzz's Mom! You will find a lot of helpful info here on the boards so let's see if I can get the ball rolling.

Walt Disney World consists of 4 parks...Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom. These are all Disney owned and operated.

I have never stayed at HIFS but if you go over to the Orlando attractions board and do a search I am sure there are several posts on this hotel.

I usually go in April, March, and August and I have to say I have never had a problem with the bugs. I know some have but I think if you bring some bug spray just to be on the safe side you shouls be fine. I have read that Animal Kingdom seams to be bit bugier than the other parks probably due to the animals.

There are many good deals on car rentals and such head on over to mousesavers.com, they have a wealth of info on saving tons of money on your next Disney vacation.

Feel free to post anything else you may have questions about and we will all help I am sure!

Enjoy!

Emmy:) :D

We have never had a mosquito problem at WDW. I was told that they spray the entire resort thoroughly every night.

you might want to consider more than 2 days at WDW. As the above poster mentioned, WDW is 4 theme parks, 3 water parks and lots of other stuff. you are right -- planning is QUITE overwhelming. If you have not already seen it, go to www.wdwig.com. She has great info for first time visitors.

Welcome to the boards and have a GREAT trip.

Just wanted to add some info about the Disney Club membership. The main benefits are discounts at the Disney Store, Disney resorts, and Downtown Disney. You will also get about a 5% discount on multi-day park passes but nothing on one-day park tickets. Also, there are few, if any, discounts at shops or restaurants in the parks. I believe that www.wdwig.com has a full list of benefits if you want to check that out before you decide to join. Hope this helps.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter