1st Timers - Day 2 - Ponderosa & MK

Milly

Earning My Ears
Woke at 7.00a.m - sat on patio sipping coffee overlooking pool & 10th fairway - 77.c already - still can't quite believe that I'm in the U.S.A. - spent so long planning and thinking about this moment that it seems unreal - like a dream - must be the Jet-lag.
Anyway - we hit the Ponderosa for breakfast -"all you care to eat for $3.99" says the sign and BOY! did we eat?!! Kids were in heaven - Bacon & eggs followed by pancakes & syrup then ice cream and cookies and cake - too much! (after our third visit to this establishment we started to eat "enough" instead of "all you care to" but great value for money).
Arrived at MK at @ 10.30a.m. and started to feel the excitement build - thru the gates we hear the music and spot the Mickey & Minnie dancing hedges - we board the Monorail and catch our first glimpse of the park - this may sound silly to all those veterens out there but my stomach was realy churning with excitement and expectation! - after a quick bag search we walk thru the main gate and into Main Street - as we round the corner and look up to the castle I can feel the tears in my eyes - we just stop and stare - you see pictures in the brochures and on TV but in real life its just breathtaking - the kids faces are a picture - I stop and tell myself to hang on to this memory for as long as I can. For a few brief moments we are all 5 years old again!
Down to business - we separate from DS1 & DN - they head for Space Mountain & we go straight to Jungle Cruise. The wait time is 45 mins so we fastpass this and go straight onto the Flying Carpet ride - great fun - then into the Enchanted Tikki Room for a brilliant little show that really puts us in the mood - then back to Jungle Cruise and walk straight on with fastpass ticket - very impressed - superb patter from Boat Captain - then after a stroll thru the Swiis Family Treehouse its on to Splash Mountain - 30 min queue passes v.quickly thru shaded trees and we all have a great laugh on this one - DM & DF get soaked!!!. Now its time to meet boys in Main Street for "Share a Dream Come True" parade whilst consuming a huge "Cookies & Cream" ice cream - YUM.
Finally the heat & tiredness start to catch up so we head back to the villa via Boat and "Happy Bus". Just as we reach the car-park the heavens open - its as if someone at Disney has choreographed this too! Great timing and a welcome refreshment in the heat. Back at the villa we nap or swim (depending on age!). By 7.00p.m. were back at MK on the WDW Railroad heading for Mickies Toontown Fair. We meet Mickie and get autograph and photos then via a little kids tame (NOT!) ride called Goofy's Barnstormer we for-go the 2nd parade (Spectro Magic) and take advantage of the small queues in Tomorrowland - after Indy Speedway and Buzz Lightyear we meet the boys on the bridge between Tomorrowland & Main St. (a good vantage point) and watch the fireworks.
Wow....what a fantastic first day....all my fears of hoards of people and hours of queueing are gone and we are totally hooked. DM & DF have been on every ride with us so far and are enjoying it as much as the kids. FANTASTIC.............
Tomorrow its Seaworld.
Milly.

Keep 'em coming Milly.

Sounds as though all your planning paid dividends.

Mick

What a perfect 1st day for you all.

Thanks for sharing.

I tell you what Tim - the reports are great!

And it dont matter how many times you go to WDW - that teary eyed feeling comes over you every time you enter the MK - I defy anyone to say anything else! LOL ;)

Great report - thanks.

Great post, have been 4 times to Orlando and once to California,
i remember that first absolute rush of joy, and so looking forward to when we go on the 15th August again.

Yes, I get thet welling up teary- eyed feeling (in fact have it now, just typing this)

I reckon you will be off again, no place on earth like it

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I stop and tell myself to hang on to this memory for as long as I can. For a few brief moments we are all 5 years old again!

My DH said that this was his favourite memory of me when we first visited MK, reading your report i felt as if i was back there.

Another great day - recognise that feeling at the Ponderosa! LOL

I love the POnderosa!!!!!Don't worry about the churning stomach bit,I've been to MK upteem times in the three times we've been and I still get the feeling everytime and I love it!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter