1st trip - is April a good time?

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We are long time DVC/WDW planners. The will be our first trip to Hawaii. Just DH & I. Is April a good time to go? Avoid Easter? Good airfares?
Any help is appreciated.

we were in aulani april 10-15 of this year. even though easter was march 27, there was still a large crowd at the resort (95-100% booked, accordingly to the CMs at the front desk). having done a ton of research here before we went, however, i knew what to expect and i didn't think it wasn't bad at all. it was such a great trip and we can't wait to go back in a few years! :)

you can read my trip report (though i still need to write out the last day) to get the details.

We always go in the summer, but stay at the Marriott timeshare next door. As far as I can tell, they're always pretty high occupancy. I would guess it's the same at Aulani - you won't likely find any time of the year where the occupancy is very low! It's a popular resort for families (both are really)!

I'd start looking into airfare now. We typically have ours booked anywhere from 8 - 10 months out (we always use miles to pay for us). Not sure where you're flying from, but it pays to check multiple airports if you live near more than one. We usually fly out of BWI, but have used Regan National and Dulles (once, yuck it's further). For one flight from DC, the kids and I stayed the night before across the street at a hotel, since we had to be at the airport at 5am - you can't count on traffic even at 4am around DC!

Do not know about aulani but overall April after Easter is about the slowest time in oahu

Weather should be perfect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter