2 bedroom or 2 studios??

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
My daughter has agreed to go with us next year along with my 2 year grandbaby and my wonderful son in law
So I'm not sure which I should book. My daughter doesn't want to waste my points ( sweet) so she thinking a studio. I'm worried there won't be enough room for 2 adults and a 2 year. So I thought a2 bedroom would be better. But my son in law is very private. I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

A lockoff 2BR may work well for you. They get a studio that is attached to the 1BR. The son in law gets his own coffee pot if he wants a little more private morning, but you have adjoining rooms to safely send the daughter over to grandparents.
Plus most parents of a 2 yer old will have a need to use the free laundry room ;)

My daughter has agreed to go with us next year along with my 2 year grandbaby and my wonderful son in law
So I'm not sure which I should book. My daughter doesn't want to waste my points ( sweet) so she thinking a studio. I'm worried there won't be enough room for 2 adults and a 2 year. So I thought a2 bedroom would be better. But my son in law is very private. I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

Just depends on what you think you may want from an amenity standpoint. As you know, 2 studios means you save on points over a 2BR and give up the full kitchen, in-room laundry, and living room.

And, technically, connecting rooms. While they'll try to put you close to each other, you won't be right next to each other (likely). When we've done multiple studios we've been as close as the 1BR between us.

With kids, having the living room to be in while they're sleeping could be nice.
We prefer a 2BR over two studios if the points are available. If the SnL really likes his own space, you could always do a lock-off instead of a dedicated and they'd even have their own entry point.

And with a 2 BR, you get a washer-dryer. Not so with 2 studios.

While you can ask for the two studios to be near each other, there is no guarantee. You can be on different floors or in different buildings. Definitely go for the lockoff. Tell your daughter they'll have a studio and you'll have a 1-bedroom. It's the best of both worlds!

i think they would have enough room, but a 2 bdrm would give you private laundry facilities (as said), as well as a living room for all of you to hang out in.
with a lock-off, you would both still have privacy.

the extra room, full kitchen (you could eat meals together), and laundry would be much better for all, imho :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter