2 crazy sisters 5 short days

paw1968

Just living the dream
Well, we must be oxygen deprived from the mask but my sister and I have decided to to take a quick trip Oct 19 - 23. I keep reading about everyone else cancelling but nothing about people booking trips this fall. Are we crazy to be looking forward to lighter crowds and a relaxed trip? Planning on hitting the parks in the am to early afternoon then hitting a deluxe or DS in the evening for a few drinks and some food. Anyone else planning for this fall?

I want to go so badly this fall but already have 2 trips scheduled for next year.I think my husband may revolt if I suggest it. He is not a fan but supports my trips.

That's basically what my sister & I just did this weekend. If they're still not doing park hopping in October, you'll definitely have plenty of time to do something else in the evening. We left MK at like 2pm because we ran out of things to do. It's weird, but with no shows/fireworks, there's not really a reason to stick around until the park closes!

Well, we must be oxygen deprived from the mask but my sister and I have decided to to take a quick trip Oct 19 - 23. I keep reading about everyone else cancelling but nothing about people booking trips this fall. Are we crazy to be looking forward to lighter crowds and a relaxed trip? Planning on hitting the parks in the am to early afternoon then hitting a deluxe or DS in the evening for a few drinks and some food. Anyone else planning for this fall?
Me & (adult) DD2 are going end of Sept/early Oct and I've already told DD2 that this is going to be a very strange trip. We will be playing it a day at a time and literally going with the flow and making it up as we go along. After 49 years of WDW (since Poly opened, literally), I think it's time that stop and smell the roses. Ha.

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip with your sister and all goes very smoothly. I'm betting it will. It will be so healing to get away.

I haven’t completely ruled out a trip before the end of the year. It’s so tempting to see what the low crowds, wait times, etc is like in person.

My sister and I went last week and had a fantastic time!

I honestly felt safer at Disney than I do at my local grocery store.Everyone was wearing masks and hand sanitizing like crazy.

We’re in Texas so went from hotspot to hotspot.

My sister and I went last week and had a fantastic time!

I honestly felt safer at Disney than I do at my local grocery store.Everyone was wearing masks and hand sanitizing like crazy.

We’re in Texas so went from hotspot to hotspot.
Same, I miss how much they were enforcing everything at Disney! It was weird to come home & see people not wearing masks, and getting way too close to me.

I'm trying to re-do our Sea World trip that got cancelled and I'm not sure if we will add a day at Disney or not. We're shooting for first week in November. Most of Disney seems to be under construction right now and with the minimal offerings they have, I find it really hard to pay them full price. I'm willing to bet we do Sea World and the extra day will go to Islands of Adventure.

Most of Disney seems to be under construction right now and with the minimal offerings they have, I find it really hard to pay them full price.
The only park that's really affected by major construction right now is EPCOT. Hollywood Studios doesn't have any construction going on; Magic Kingdom has TRON being built, but that's an addition; you don't have to walk past any construction walls or anything; Animal Kingdom also doesn't have any ongoing construction.

The only park that's really affected by major construction right now is EPCOT. Hollywood Studios doesn't have any construction going on; Magic Kingdom has TRON being built, but that's an addition; you don't have to walk past any construction walls or anything; Animal Kingdom also doesn't have any ongoing construction.
I guess I should've said "most of the parts of Disney that I like" lol. I'm an Epcot girl. But yeah I still can't see paying full price for no shows, no fireworks, shorter hours, construction all over my favorite park etc... worst case scenario we could do AK but with a non thrill seeking 5 year old, it's still not a great option when she's a season passholder at her local zoo.

I just decided to book a solo trip over Thanksgiving. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since before graduate school and could do all 4 parks with just one day off work. Those ride line times....

I just decided to book a solo trip over Thanksgiving. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since before graduate school and could do all 4 parks with just one day off work. Those ride line times....
Your only issue will be that park hopping has been discontinued for the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts