2 Credit Dining Suggestions

Cordy2424

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! I'm brand new to these boards and am so glad my friend recommended it to me! There is so much information out here and I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the ideas, stories, abbreviations, lingo, etc that is out here... :earsboy:

My fiance and I are getting married in October 2018 (hooray!!) and have decided to honeymoon at Disney! It has been about 10 years since I have been to the parks and my fiance has never been.
I simply CANNOT wait to see him experience the joy of the first time visiting... Ahh!! :mickeyjum

We are splurging on the Deluxe Dining Plan because we want to be able to have the Signature Dining every night since it can include places at Disney Springs. As such, what are your 2-credit can't miss suggestions? So far a friend told me O'Hana for the fireworks is a MUST. We also want to do Cindy's breakfast one morning early before the park opens. I've also heard good things about Boathouse and we both LOVE seafood. I think Morimoto might be a fun option from what I've seen online so far too.

Neither of us are picky eaters and are not afraid to try new things. We love seafood, rare steaks and good sushi. We would like dining options that might be more romantic / more of an experience since it will be our honeymoon.

All suggestions appreciated! There are so many good choices it is impossible to narrow it down without input from those that have been! Help! :grouphug:

For in-park signatures, Tiffins is great.
I've also enjoyed the Yachtsman. I split the porterhouse for two with my sister once and it was wonderful.

First, Congrats! and Welcome!

Don't go to 'Ohana expecting to see fireworks from the restaurant. The view is very limited and it is pretty far off in the distance. However, if you are going to watch them from the beach, that is a different story. 'Ohana is also a 1TS restaurant (and, IMO is pretty awful but a lot of people seem to like it). Perhaps match this up with a day you have breakfast at CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table, which is inside Cinderella's castle, and is a 2TS meal). Or, maybe you are confusing yourself with California Grill which is on top of the Contemporary Resort and has a much better view of he fireworks and is a Signature restaurant. There is also a view from Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian.

Since you are going to be on the DxDP, I won't suggest the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin since they are not on the dining plan (although they are the best restaurants on property).

Jiko is a favorite of ours, plus is gives you a reason to explore Animal Kingdom Lodge, which can be quite romantic in itself. Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club is probably the best steak you can get on the dining plan. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk used to be a favorite of ours, but we haven't been back since they refurbed the whole thing and changed the menu. YS and FF are nice because it gives you a reason to walk around the Boardwalk at night (check out some performers, get a snack from the bakery or funnel cake, spend the night at Jelly Roll's which is a dueling piano bar).

For in-park signatures, Tiffins is great.
I've also enjoyed the Yachtsman. I split the porterhouse for two with my sister once and it was wonderful.

I'll check Tiffins out! Porterhouse...that sounds right up our alley! Yachtsman is definitely on our radar! :)

Hi, Welcome, Congrats!

Rules:
1. It will be crowded, hot and expensive.
2. Make ADRs, FPs, go to rope drop.
3. Don't expect to do it all.
4. Take breaks and experience the resorts.

Follow these rules, and you will be back...enough times in your lifetime to experience all the signature restaurants.

Here's my list of best/favorite restaurants (not all are signature, but are a great "Disney" experiences).

Jiko (exotic-steak)
Sanaa (exotic)
Boma (AYCE exotic)
Hollywood Brown Derby (HBD) (steak)
Morimotos (Asian, Sushi)
Le Cellier (steak)
Yachtsman (steak)
Sci Fi (uniquely Disney)
50s Prime Time (uniquely Disney)
Be Our Guest (BOG) (uniquely Disney)
San Angel (Mexican in cool venue)
Via Napoli (good pizza)
Yak n Yet (good Chinese)
Beaches and Cream (burger and shake)

First, Congrats! and Welcome!

Don't go to 'Ohana expecting to see fireworks from the restaurant. The view is very limited and it is pretty far off in the distance. However, if you are going to watch them from the beach, that is a different story. 'Ohana is also a 1TS restaurant (and, IMO is pretty awful but a lot of people seem to like it). Perhaps match this up with a day you have breakfast at CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table, which is inside Cinderella's castle, and is a 2TS meal). Or, maybe you are confusing yourself with California Grill which is on top of the Contemporary Resort and has a much better view of he fireworks and is a Signature restaurant. There is also a view from Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian.

Since you are going to be on the DxDP, I won't suggest the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin since they are not on the dining plan (although they are the best restaurants on property).

Jiko is a favorite of ours, plus is gives you a reason to explore Animal Kingdom Lodge, which can be quite romantic in itself. Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club is probably the best steak you can get on the dining plan. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk used to be a favorite of ours, but we haven't been back since they refurbed the whole thing and changed the menu. YS and FF are nice because it gives you a reason to walk around the Boardwalk at night (check out some performers, get a snack from the bakery or funnel cake, spend the night at Jelly Roll's which is a dueling piano bar).

Thank you for such a lengthy reply!! So many things to consider. My friend that suggested O'Hana's for fireworks went a few years back, so maybe she was thinking of something else? Or maybe the view has changed somehow? Not sure... As long as I get to see the new fireworks at Magic Kingdom while in the park one night, I'm fine...seeing them from dinner isn't a priority for me. Narcoossee's is on our list too because we like seafood so much. I feel I've watched every YouTube video out there about dining and it is all a blur! These first hand suggestions are what I'm excited about -- THANK YOU so much!!

We splurged on the Deluxe plan last fall and ate at California Grill, Narcoossees, Yachtsman and Hoop De Doo as our 2 credit meals.

Of the 3 "fancy" restaurants, Narcoossees was by far our favorite. The California Grill was very good, but very loud. We had a terrible experience at Yachtsman. I think our experience was an anomaly, but based solely on our experience, I wouldn't recommend it.

Congrats! My wife and I are going in March for our 5th anniversary. We will be dining at Cali Grill during fireworks, Narcoose's, and The Boathouse which are all new to us. The only signatures we have tried (kids make it hard, going without kids this trip!) are flying fish and CRT plus we have done some of the dinner shows that require 2TS. As OhThePain said we enjoyed flying fish before the refurb but haven't been back. Cinderella's Royal Table was with the kids and very, very busy but may be worth the experience alone depending on what y'all want. I saw you said something romantic or experience, for experience I recommend doing the Hoop-De-Doo Revue which would be a fun dinner and use 2 TS credits.

Thank you for such a lengthy reply!! So many things to consider. My friend that suggested O'Hana's for fireworks went a few years back, so maybe she was thinking of something else? Or maybe the view has changed somehow? Not sure... As long as I get to see the new fireworks at Magic Kingdom while in the park one night, I'm fine...seeing them from dinner isn't a priority for me. Narcoossee's is on our list too because we like seafood so much. I feel I've watched every YouTube video out there about dining and it is all a blur! These first hand suggestions are what I'm excited about -- THANK YOU so much!!

You are welcome. We have all been a first time planner and we all understand how overwhelming it can get.

My one bit of food for thought (pun intended) is that while the DxDP sounds great, I don't think I would recommend it for a first time or first time in a long time trip. Even if you plan on doing Signatures most nights. I wouldn't want you to feel like all you did on your honeymoon was eat. A typical day is going to be get up, have breakfast or brunch somewhere (probably before getting to the parks), then spend a few hours in the parks before having to head back to your resort to change for dinner to then have a 90-120 minute dinner every night. I would consider either doing the regular dining plan and picking a Signature or 2 to do OOP (out of pocket). Not to mention that if you are going in October you have the Food and Wine Festival to spend some time at (when we go this time of year we pick a night to not make an ADR and just graze around the World Showcase all night as our dinner) and MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) for a night. I am a firm believe that the DxDP should not be offered to first timers or first time in a long timers. Consider taking the money you would save by downgrading to the DDP and use some of that savings and a dessert party or fireworks cruise or something special like that. You have to remember a lot of people here are frequent visitors or frequent enough visitors to not be affected by missing a lot of park time due to eating. Maybe not worry so much about eating at Signatures, there are some really good TS and CS around. Save the DxDP for your next trip. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Hi, Welcome, Congrats!

Rules:
1. It will be crowded, hot and expensive.
2. Make ADRs, FPs, go to rope drop.
3. Don't expect to do it all.
4. Take breaks and experience the resorts.

Follow these rules, and you will be back...enough times in your lifetime to experience all the signature restaurants.

Here's my list of best/favorite restaurants (not all are signature, but are a great "Disney" experiences).

Jiko (exotic-steak)
Sanaa (exotic)
Boma (AYCE exotic)
Hollywood Brown Derby (HBD) (steak)
Morimotos (Asian, Sushi)
Le Cellier (steak)
Yachtsman (steak)
Sci Fi (uniquely Disney)
50s Prime Time (uniquely Disney)
Be Our Guest (BOG) (uniquely Disney)
San Angel (Mexican in cool venue)
Via Napoli (good pizza)
Yak n Yet (good Chinese)
Beaches and Cream (burger and shake)

Wow! Thank you!! I'm hoping that with it being November it won't be AS hot...I know we can't get away from 70s/80s, but as long as we aren't in 90+ degree weather with the lovely Orlando humidity I am happy! I've been researching the fast pass process (the last time I went the concept was still new and only done by the kiosks at the rides). We are going to do the parks over 6 days just so that we can take our time and not push ourselves to feel we need to experience it all per park each day.

I'm so excited about this list - THANK YOU!

We splurged on the Deluxe plan last fall and ate at California Grill, Narcoossees, Yachtsman and Hoop De Doo as our 2 credit meals.

Of the 3 "fancy" restaurants, Narcoossees was by far our favorite. The California Grill was very good, but very loud. We had a terrible experience at Yachtsman. I think our experience was an anomaly, but based solely on our experience, I wouldn't recommend it.

Narcoossee's is at the top of the list right now, as is Yachtsman. Good to know you think it was an anomaly and not the norm. California Grill is so highly recommended but the pictures and everything I've seen online make it look kind of outdated. Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm just used to Disney decor being much more immersive as a whole. The fact that everyone raves about it though is definitely keeping it on our radar!

Jiko's and Narcoossee's comes to mind, and my family loves Ohana's and have had no problem with watching the fireworks from there. But OhThePain is correct if you get the wrong seats you can't see a lot.

Jiko's and Narcoossee's comes to mind, and my family loves Ohana's and have had no problem with watching the fireworks from there. But OhThePain is correct if you get the wrong seats you can't see a lot.

I am definitely glad people seem to be suggesting the same places - makes our decisions easier! Thank you for your help!!

You are welcome. We have all been a first time planner and we all understand how overwhelming it can get.

My one bit of food for thought (pun intended) is that while the DxDP sounds great, I don't think I would recommend it for a first time or first time in a long time trip. Even if you plan on doing Signatures most nights. I wouldn't want you to feel like all you did on your honeymoon was eat. A typical day is going to be get up, have breakfast or brunch somewhere (probably before getting to the parks), then spend a few hours in the parks before having to head back to your resort to change for dinner to then have a 90-120 minute dinner every night. I would consider either doing the regular dining plan and picking a Signature or 2 to do OOP (out of pocket). Not to mention that if you are going in October you have the Food and Wine Festival to spend some time at (when we go this time of year we pick a night to not make an ADR and just graze around the World Showcase all night as our dinner) and MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) for a night. I am a firm believe that the DxDP should not be offered to first timers or first time in a long timers. Consider taking the money you would save by downgrading to the DDP and use some of that savings and a dessert party or fireworks cruise or something special like that. You have to remember a lot of people here are frequent visitors or frequent enough visitors to not be affected by missing a lot of park time due to eating. Maybe not worry so much about eating at Signatures, there are some really good TS and CS around. Save the DxDP for your next trip. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

That is some good food for thought! :thumbsup2 I really appreciate you taking the time out to reply!! :wave:

Congrats! My wife and I are going in March for our 5th anniversary. We will be dining at Cali Grill during fireworks, Narcoose's, and The Boathouse which are all new to us. The only signatures we have tried (kids make it hard, going without kids this trip!) are flying fish and CRT plus we have done some of the dinner shows that require 2TS. As OhThePain said we enjoyed flying fish before the refurb but haven't been back. Cinderella's Royal Table was with the kids and very, very busy but may be worth the experience alone depending on what y'all want. I saw you said something romantic or experience, for experience I recommend doing the Hoop-De-Doo Revue which would be a fun dinner and use 2 TS credits.

Thank you! We are so excited! A few people have said (on the YouTube videos I've found) that the FF isn't the same and not nearly as good after it was refurb'ed. We have been looking at Hoop De Doo! I saw something on a website that said they do a 9:30 showing and thought that might be a fun way to end the night one night!

Thank you! We are so excited! A few people have said (on the YouTube videos I've found) that the FF isn't the same and not nearly as good after it was refurb'ed. We have been looking at Hoop De Doo! I saw something on a website that said they do a 9:30 showing and thought that might be a fun way to end the night one night!
You would like Hoop De Doo on our 1st trip one of the entertainers asked me where I was from and I said Missouri, he looked and me and asked me how I liked living in Misery. They really are fun and the chicken is good.

Really depends on what you're into. I would recommend the Hoop Dee Doo above all other WDW 2 credits, tbh. The food is very good, and the show is great fun! Outside of Victoria & Albert's, WDW's fine dining is middle of the pack, relatively speaking. There are only a few restaurants I feel are truly worth your two credits, and they would Flying Fish, California Grill, and Jiko. The overall service and quality of food at these are great, IMO. As for Yachtsman, just came back from there in December. IMO, you'd struggle to find a better filet mignon than the I enjoyed there. At the same time, my wife's lobster, our side dishes, and desert weren't anything special.

The brunch at California Grill is a 2-credit and it was the best use of 2 credits we ever did- though it doesn't include gratuity, it includes unlimited mimosas, complimentary valet parking, you can return with receipt in the evening for fireworks viewing, and its all you can eat! We were there 3 hours and it was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had! Please note, though, that it is only offered on Sundays. Whatever you guys choose, I hope you enjoy!!! ...and congrats!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!