2 Credit Dining Suggestions

Really depends on what you're into. I would recommend the Hoop Dee Doo above all other WDW 2 credits, tbh. The food is very good, and the show is great fun! Outside of Victoria & Albert's, WDW's fine dining is middle of the pack, relatively speaking. There are only a few restaurants I feel are truly worth your two credits, and they would Flying Fish, California Grill, and Jiko. The overall service and quality of food at these are great, IMO. As for Yachtsman, just came back from there in December. IMO, you'd struggle to find a better filet mignon than the I enjoyed there. At the same time, my wife's lobster, our side dishes, and desert weren't anything special.

Good to know!! Victoria & Albert's isn't on the dining plan though, is it? I thought it was above the two credit deal...

You would like Hoop De Doo on our 1st trip one of the entertainers asked me where I was from and I said Missouri, he looked and me and asked me how I liked living in Misery. They really are fun and the chicken is good.

It sounds like a hoot! We are going to have to go here for sure!

The brunch at California Grill is a 2-credit and it was the best use of 2 credits we ever did- though it doesn't include gratuity, it includes unlimited mimosas, complimentary valet parking, you can return with receipt in the evening for fireworks viewing, and its all you can eat! We were there 3 hours and it was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had! Please note, though, that it is only offered on Sundays. Whatever you guys choose, I hope you enjoy!!! ...and congrats!!!

That might be a good way to end the trip since we arrive and leave on Sundays. Get my husband all boozed up on mimosas and then he can sleep on the drive home! hahahaha. :rotfl:

Sadly, no -not even close, lol.

That's what I thought...ha! We are thinking we will be eating a few meals at Disney Springs for dinner (we've really been eyeing Morimoto's) and those 2 credit spots seem to make sense. Do you feel like those are better than the ones in the parks directly?

That's what I thought...ha! We are thinking we will be eating a few meals at Disney Springs for dinner (we've really been eyeing Morimoto's) and those 2 credit spots seem to make sense. Do you feel like those are better than the ones in the parks directly?

We visited Disney Springs a few months back but didn't eat there, and honestly have much less experience there than at the resorts or the parks (we're I've been going for +30 years). That said, some of the restaurants at DS look really, really interesting, like the Boathouse, Edison's, and Morimoto's (though the reviews I've seen from there can be mixed). Going to have to try them myself ASAP!

Narcoossee's is at the top of the list right now, as is Yachtsman. Good to know you think it was an anomaly and not the norm. California Grill is so highly recommended but the pictures and everything I've seen online make it look kind of outdated. Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm just used to Disney decor being much more immersive as a whole. The fact that everyone raves about it though is definitely keeping it on our radar!

I liked the decor in California Grill - I thought it was very pretty and modern. I just wasn't prepared for how large and loud it was. The ceilings are high and there were so many people bustling around, I was sort of taken aback and we got off the elevator. We had a nice seat along the wall out of the way of the hustle and bustle and had a great dinner.

Disney signature dining can be really special, .We normally do the normal TS dining plan, but we have tween kids that sometimes like kids meals and sometimes want adult meals, so we always have loads of credits to eat at signatures.

We go every year, did a 3wk trip in December, and our favourites are
1ts credit
Yak and yeti
Boma
Coral reef, food is nothing amazing but the restaurant is beautiful we had crab cakes to start and they was fab, followed by mahi mahi and then the turtle cheesecake all was pretty good.
Grand Floridian cafe
Kona for breakfast
Cape may cafe, for their seafood buffet with crab legs.
Tusker house for a character breakfast or lunch, it's our favourite one but more for adventurous eaters.

Signatures
Yachtsman steaks are just amazing! And I had lobster and it was pretty good although I think narcooses is better for lobster.

California grill,
The sushi here is amazing! Their California combo roll is really fab,
Plus the view is breath taking of the fireworks

Narcooses great seafood and steaks we always do the butter poached lobster.

Jiko we haven't done it in ages, but it's consistently one of the best restaurants on property.

Disney signature dining can be really special, .We normally do the normal TS dining plan, but we have tween kids that sometimes like kids meals and sometimes want adult meals, so we always have loads of credits to eat at signatures.

We go every year, did a 3wk trip in December, and our favourites are
1ts credit
Yak and yeti
Boma
Coral reef, food is nothing amazing but the restaurant is beautiful we had crab cakes to start and they was fab, followed by mahi mahi and then the turtle cheesecake all was pretty good.
Grand Floridian cafe
Kona for breakfast
Cape may cafe, for their seafood buffet with crab legs.
Tusker house for a character breakfast or lunch, it's our favourite one but more for adventurous eaters.

Signatures
Yachtsman steaks are just amazing! And I had lobster and it was pretty good although I think narcooses is better for lobster.

California grill,
The sushi here is amazing! Their California combo roll is really fab,
Plus the view is breath taking of the fireworks

Narcooses great seafood and steaks we always do the butter poached lobster.

Jiko we haven't done it in ages, but it's consistently one of the best restaurants on property.

Awesome!! Everything sounds so good! Hurry up, November! :jumping1:

If you can make the California Grill brunch work then I'd highly recommend it -- best meal we've had at Disney. Here's a recent review with pictures from easywdw.com - https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-sunday-brunch-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/. Of the other signatures we've been to I probably liked Yachtsman second best. Narcoossee's was good, but we didn't love Le Cellier. Jiko, Flying Fish, and Artists Point are on my to-do list. Keep in mind that some of the Disney Springs restaurants like Boathouse (which we enjoy) charge extra for certain items, like side dishes, even if you are on the dining plan.

Since you are on the deluxe plan you'll get three table service credits a day, so you'll also be able to have another table service meal. Might make sense to do breakfast for that one.

We just watched the fireworks from Ohana last night. It was a fantastic view but there are a lot of tables that wouldn’t be by the window- maybe half the tables.

We ate at California Grill and it was excellent. I had the braised pork and the white chocolate creme brûlée

We will be doing the DxDP when we go in April. For signature dining, we have selected Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grill (Brunch and Dinner), Jiko, Yachtsman, and Tiffin's. Possibly Boathouse.

On our last trip, for signature restaurants, we visited Cinderella's Royal Table (wasn't impressed with food, but experience was fun), Le Cellier (would not recommend... atmosphere was not good, food was meh), Hoop Dee Doo (did not care for this), and California Grill (loved the food, atmosphere, fireworks from balcony, everything).

I think the DxDP is well worth it if you are planning several signatures. Dining is a big part of the Disney experience in my opinion.

Have a great time planning!

If you can make the California Grill brunch work then I'd highly recommend it -- best meal we've had at Disney. Here's a recent review with pictures from easywdw.com - https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-sunday-brunch-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/. Of the other signatures we've been to I probably liked Yachtsman second best. Narcoossee's was good, but we didn't love Le Cellier. Jiko, Flying Fish, and Artists Point are on my to-do list. Keep in mind that some of the Disney Springs restaurants like Boathouse (which we enjoy) charge extra for certain items, like side dishes, even if you are on the dining plan.

Since you are on the deluxe plan you'll get three table service credits a day, so you'll also be able to have another table service meal. Might make sense to do breakfast for that one.

Checking out that review now! Thanks so much!! And that is a GREAT point about the DS restaurants vs in the park... Food for thought!!

We just watched the fireworks from Ohana last night. It was a fantastic view but there are a lot of tables that wouldn’t be by the window- maybe half the tables.

We ate at California Grill and it was excellent. I had the braised pork and the white chocolate creme brûlée

LAST NIGHT? So jealous!!! :earsboy:

Everyone has so much love for California Grill. They are definitely getting put on our list!!

We will be doing the DxDP when we go in April. For signature dining, we have selected Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grill (Brunch and Dinner), Jiko, Yachtsman, and Tiffin's. Possibly Boathouse.

On our last trip, for signature restaurants, we visited Cinderella's Royal Table (wasn't impressed with food, but experience was fun), Le Cellier (would not recommend... atmosphere was not good, food was meh), Hoop Dee Doo (did not care for this), and California Grill (loved the food, atmosphere, fireworks from balcony, everything).

I think the DxDP is well worth it if you are planning several signatures. Dining is a big part of the Disney experience in my opinion.

Have a great time planning!

Agreed - we aren't afraid of a big meal and really enjoy going out for true dining experiences here at home. I think the DxDP is going to be worth it this one time for a splurge for the honeymoon. After this trip, dining plans may not be an option. Living it up this one time while we can!

I have heard a lot of negative things lately about Le Cellier. I had been so looking forward to that because when I was at Disney last (about 10 years ago), Le Cellier was one of those places everyone kept talking about! It has been on my list since then but now I've taken it off due to the current feedback.

We do DxDP almost every trip. Many will say it's too much food and if you are eating 3x a day then I can see that. If you use it for just 2 meals a day and include the signatures I think it's ok. And if you are looking to splurge and feel like you are living the high life then I think you will be set!

Also remember that your dining credits are good up until midnight on the day you check out, so spreading them out is a good idea to cover your last day at WDW. For our upcoming trip we are doing a split stay with just 1 night tacked on room only, but we will have enough credits left to cover us for that day's breakfast/dinner.

I have to agree with the others about California Grill Brunch. We experienced this last May on Mother's Day and it was simply AMAZING, probably the best dining experience we've had in over 17 years of visits. The views from up there can't be beat. We didn't take advantage of coming back for the fireworks, but we will when we go back this May.

Ohana gets panned here pretty often, we enjoy it. I don't eat wings as a rule, for some reason there I can't get enough of them. Fireworks from the Poly beach are very nice.

HDDR- love the food,love the beer, love the show. I love the comedy, the singing, the guest participation. I've never been disappointed there.

Almost forgot-Tiffins, excellent, excellent meal, service, and atmosphere. You will get to try some more adventurous offerings and it is so good!

We use to love Yachtsman but after a couple of steaks that seemed to have been bathed in salt, we said no more and it's been marked off the list.

I would second the brunch at California Grill. I think that would be wonderful to add for your special occasion and who wouldn't love unlimited mimosas! I think I would rank this higher than dinner. It includes wonderful sushi too if that is your thing. If you are steak lovers then I would suggest Yachtsman (better than Le Cellier). I haven't been to Tiffins yet at AK, but the menu looks interesting. We always go to Yak & Yeti which only a 1 TS credit.
Have you looked at the menus on AllEars yet. I always utilize that to figure out where I want to eat. Good Luck figuring it out!

The Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg-Yummy food & great drinks & you don't have to go super early to see Fantasmic-which is fun

We do DxDP almost every trip. Many will say it's too much food and if you are eating 3x a day then I can see that. If you use it for just 2 meals a day and include the signatures I think it's ok. And if you are looking to splurge and feel like you are living the high life then I think you will be set!

Also remember that your dining credits are good up until midnight on the day you check out, so spreading them out is a good idea to cover your last day at WDW. For our upcoming trip we are doing a split stay with just 1 night tacked on room only, but we will have enough credits left to cover us for that day's breakfast/dinner.

I have to agree with the others about California Grill Brunch. We experienced this last May on Mother's Day and it was simply AMAZING, probably the best dining experience we've had in over 17 years of visits. The views from up there can't be beat. We didn't take advantage of coming back for the fireworks, but we will when we go back this May.

Ohana gets panned here pretty often, we enjoy it. I don't eat wings as a rule, for some reason there I can't get enough of them. Fireworks from the Poly beach are very nice.

HDDR- love the food,love the beer, love the show. I love the comedy, the singing, the guest participation. I've never been disappointed there.

Almost forgot-Tiffins, excellent, excellent meal, service, and atmosphere. You will get to try some more adventurous offerings and it is so good!

We use to love Yachtsman but after a couple of steaks that seemed to have been bathed in salt, we said no more and it's been marked off the list.

GREAT advice!! I actually - based on the feedback from this string - am planning to have us arrive a night early and stay off resort just so we can start our Sunday (check in day) at the California Grill brunch and then go back for the fireworks before starting our first day in the parks on Monday!! :dogdance:

Jiko
Tiffin's
Morimoto Asia
Teppan Edo
Citrico's
M. Paul (I've had a bit of issue with the service, not the quality so much but the attitude, but I've had the best beef tenderloin ever there (and potatoes to die for) so it remains on my list)
California Grill (goat cheese ravioli in tomato broth appetizer - yum!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!